The Florida Project (2017 Willem Dafoe A24 flick, Oscar buzzin)

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I would love to see it get that kind of recognition, but I think it's too realistically focused on the plight and conditions of the lower class....Though, it made the Times top movies list, and Moonlight won last year.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
oh these some lil Bebe kids starting the fukkery EARLY!!
:russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
little muthafukkas cut off the power!!

these kids wildin!!

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I should not of watched this high as fukk brehs :huhldup:

Harsh realities of life...hit me after i smoke :mjcry:

Film was cool though, I'm not with the plaudits that the film it's getting but at the same time i can see why it is.

I just hope that kid don't turn out to be like her mother :scust:

fukk that ending too :hhh:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
It must be cuz dudes living in the burbs and shyt but this movie was just decent to me. I'm not a huge fan of slice of life flicks tho. Plus I basically knew the ending about 10min in. Should just rename this the life of a backpage thot or something. At least it wasn't a minority per se. Truly a weak year in cinema when this is on people top 10 list, jeez

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
If Sean Baker doesn’t atleast get a Best Director nod for this it’ll be a disgrace :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This guy's films just don't do it for me. I thought Tangerine was the most overrated film of 2015. I know that's entirely the point but I don't wish to spend 2 hours with the people in his movies.

I will say the ending was beautiful and the most memorable of the year though.

Last edited:
Daps
It must be cuz dudes living in the burbs and shyt but this movie was just decent to me. I'm not a huge fan of slice of life flicks tho. Plus I basically knew the ending about 10min in. Should just rename this the life of a backpage thot or something. At least it wasn't a minority per se. Truly a weak year in cinema when this is on people top 10 list, jeez
:mjlol:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
If Sean Baker doesn’t atleast get a Best Director nod for this it’ll be a disgrace :wow:

Honestly. Me and you can sit down for an hour and come up with 45 vignette ideas. 15 with conflict. 15 funny. 15 that move our story along. Make sure the audience can relate. (primal shyt: hunger, fighting, shelter, play) . Make sure they reinforce our ideas and our theme here.

Get some regular ass people to play some version of themselves. Shoot all of them. If you leave the camera on for long enough we'd eventually get something we can use.

Keep 20 of the best vignettes. 3-5 minutes long each. And you have The Florida Project. A bunch of good ideas about survival and coping strung together with barely a semblance of a story.

This movie didn't really have a arch. No beginning or a middle (we come in at the end of the 2nd act). Just an end.

I enjoyed the movie. But the direction was honestly nothing special.

Last edited:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol that ending The hotels in that area of Kissimmee is 20 minutes away from Magic Kingdom they couldn't have possibly ran that far with the traffic but I think it was a metaphor

Good movie tho, very authentic portrayal