"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wasn't expecting Ronnie Raymond to show up already. Figured they would still talk about him for a while and then show him in an ep that focused on Firestorm.

Glad they called the bad guy The Mist cause I was like "That has to be The Mist" while watching.
Even though I thought that fight between The Flash and The Mist ended very anticlimactically I wanted to see him use one of his patented moves from the comic like this one:
8IuwFxu.jpg

Liked the little quick mention of the museum too when Barry was taking credit for catching that one crook. And Barry and Iris coming from a movie about Rita Farr is a nice little Easter Egg for comics nerds like me.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Also tbh shyt would be kinda boring it if was a one hit ko all the time.

I'm assuming he will learn new powers as the show goes on though.
I feel ya. I could see if it was superman where his first thought would be to hold back, but Barry has just got his powers, he should be out of control with it using too much force going at that velocity. It's not a big deal though.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
[Maybe this is a question for the comic book readers. Does flash also have increased strength? like in the scene last night where he was able to put that one guy in the back of a cop car. The guy looked a lot bigger than flash. And i'd imagine trying to move someone that big, that quickly could be impossible .

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I feel ya. I could see if it was superman where his first thought would be to hold back, but Barry has just got his powers, he should be out of control with it using too much force going at that velocity. It's not a big deal though.
To move at the speed he does I believe your body would have to be reasonably strong to handle those g fordes. While I'm not sure how strong he is

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is The Flash sfx so sick, tho:wow: The Mist green combustion look like some movie shyt:gladbron: Flash Usain Bolt on a hundred, thousand, trillion:whew:, came in handy against the smog:troll: Dr. EVells is so sinister:patrice:, keeping all those meta-humans locked up, underneath him:lupe: Something tells me, that wasn't the last of Kaitlins fiance:leostare: And, Iris needs to drop the zero:ehh:. and get with a hero, like Barry:youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
:dahell: Which Spider-Man cartoon? I hope you ain't talking about wack-ass "Ultimate Spider-Man" on Disney XD.
can't lie I was wondering the same thing. I've been watching this and Gotham and arrow DC has put together some really good shows I would even include Smallville in there
for a little while

hopefully they can carry that momentum to the big screen