The Coli's top 10 Mystery/Suspense Voting Thread. Vol: Edge of My Seat, Breh

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This is my problem with making this MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/THRILLER...........too broad. Bourne and Bond movies aren't AT ALL the same kind of movie as Se7en or Hitchcock or noir.

IMO, should've been restricted to MYSTERY/SUSPENSE. That's a much clearer category. Thriller makes it far too broad. Even broader than horror or action, honestly.

shyt, there are heist movies that would absolutely make my top 10 if I weren't stubbornly sticking to the mystery genre
6fj1Z7b.png

I'll probably throw em in honorable mentions I guess since we'll probably never get around to a Top 10 Heist film list.

I kinda agree. When you throw the word thriller in there, it could be anything that had you on the edge of your seat, which may include drama, horror, and suspense. It was really hard making this list and I'm still not sure if a few of mine are really thrillers.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yeah it wasn't anything major. I just asked the film room what the best gangster flick was. Gave a couple choices in the poll and some people wrote in other choices but it was the godfather by a wide margin with goodfellas being number two

Edit. My b, it was goodfellas :ohhh:. Ok so goodfellas 39% godfather 30%

If we get around to a Top 10 Gangster Movies month, it has to be Top 10 NON-Godfather/Goodfellas lol. Otherwise we may as well just vote for #4 through #10

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I dont think you can really make a top 10 list b/c there would be so many deserving movies that should be on it. Once you start going through classics, modern movies got to be really outstanding to make it.

But i'll say this about RoseMary's Baby though... shyt is creepy/sinister as fukk.

Angel heart should get a mention too.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
I don't eeeen know about this list, to be honest.:unsure: Thriller fits into so many damned genres: even more-so than horror.

1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo
3. Silence of the lambs
4. Seven
5. Blue Velvet
6. Mulholland Drive
7. Black Swan
8. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
9. Children of Men
10. Strangers on a Train

Honorable Mentions

1. Three Colors: Red
2. Side Effects
3. Ghost in The Shell
4. Collateral
5. Leon The Professional

:patrice:

I might switch things around and replace some shyt. I legit don't know what to do with this.

Only reason I don't have Blade Runner in my Top 10 is because I know it's going to be number 2 or 3 in Sci-fi. :blessed:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't eeeen know about this list, to be honest.:unsure: Thriller fits into so many damned genres: even more-so than horror.

1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo
3. Silence of the lambs
4. Seven
5. Blue Velvet
6. Mulholland Drive
7. Black Swan
8. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
9. Children of Men
10. Strangers on a Train

Honorable Mentions

1. Three Colors: Red
2. Side Effects
3. Ghost in The Shell
4. Collateral
5. Leon The Professional

:patrice:

I might switch things around and replace some shyt. I legit don't know what to do with this.

Only reason I don't have Blade Runner in my Top 10 is because I know it's going to be number 2 or 3 in Sci-fi. :blessed:

I think that's the main issue..it's tough to specify what it is and it can fit so many. There's the mystery suspense thriller, the spy thriller, the romantic thriller, the court room thriller etc

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I really think sci fi will be just as hard. Sooo much debate can be done on what is sci-fi and not sci-fi. When I hear sci-fi I immediately think SPACE, but thats not the case. Aliens, Monsters, Ghosts, Time Travel etc movies can all go into that genre so we're gonna get horror classics and maybe even thrillers. I'm waiting for us to go outside genre lists when @MartyMcFly does his top 10 actors list. I wouldn't even mind seeing a top 10 best picture list.

breh we did a best picture list.. i think it was the first one

This is my problem with making this MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/THRILLER...........too broad. Bourne and Bond movies aren't AT ALL the same kind of movie as Se7en or Hitchcock or noir.

IMO, should've been restricted to MYSTERY/SUSPENSE. That's a much clearer category. Thriller makes it far too broad. Even broader than horror or action, honestly.

shyt, there are heist movies that would absolutely make my top 10 if I weren't stubbornly sticking to the mystery genre
6fj1Z7b.png

I'll probably throw em in honorable mentions I guess since we'll probably never get around to a Top 10 Heist film list.

Well I agree my intent was more on the Mystery/suspense side of things

I guess its too late to edit i can't figure out how to change the title

Heist would be dope. We all know you'd pick the Killing breh :mjpls:

I was just watching the 01 Ocean's 11 earlier for the first time in over a decade

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I kinda agree. When you throw the word thriller in there, it could be anything that had you on the edge of your seat, which may include drama, horror, and suspense. It was really hard making this list and I'm still not sure if a few of mine are really thrillers.
we could have fred save us if he can edit the thread title

i'm not sure if it would invalidate anyone's choices if we changed it just to mystery/suspense but off top most picks have been solid

save us @hexagram23 you're our only hope

tumblr_lkot6w6QHJ1qcrzkko1_500.gif

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
breh we did a best picture list.. i think it was the first one

Well I agree my intent was more on the Mystery/suspense side of things

I guess its too late to edit i can't figure out how to change the title

Heist would be dope. We all know you'd pick the Killing breh :mjpls:

I was just watching the 01 Ocean's 11 earlier for the first time in over a decade

Nah. In my Top 10.

#1 is Rififi by a fukking mile though. Just watched again tonight. 10/10. So good. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah. In my Top 10.

#1 is Rififi by a fukking mile though. Just watched again tonight. 10/10. So good. :wow:
breh never heard of this til now.. i see it's french.. gonna peep this :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Naw that was Marty's Top 10 GOAT movies list. A best picture list would only be movies that have won Best Picture of the year.

Yup. A lot different than the best movies. This means you gotta pick through every year of the oscars and pick the 10 best picture winners. Not as easy as it sounds