The Canada discussion thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's all I drink.

As far as Hamilton goes.....:gladbron::gladbron::gladbron: Back in the day ya boy was straight :smugdraper: over there. Hoes were so gotdamn easy. Hess Village, Billy Bobs..

The memories...

You can get a nice house in Hamilton. There are some cool areas. Just not my thing, though. I'm a city boy..but even the city is getting too expensive. :to:

tell us more of your exploits j lova you seem to have conquered everywhere montreal, downtown toronto even that albatross known as hamilton.

what else hicky places has teh gawd sowed his oats?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tell us more of your exploits j lova you seem to have conquered everywhere montreal, downtown toronto even that albatross known as hamilton.

what else hicky places has teh gawd sowed his oats?

In Canada...

Kitchener, Windsor, London, Oshawa, St Catherines/Niagara Falls...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@JLova
@Jamal
@spinoza

I'm off for a week so I'm finally taking my azz down to Montreal for a few days

For folks in Toronto, what do you use to get down there

Via rail or bus?

Is the Latin quarter the best spot to stay?
How are taxi prices $

Is the train or bus station right downtown?

I'll be going alone, will some french cacs try and test me?

Are people friendly if I get lost will they be on that i don't speak English?

If I take the subway what stops do I not get off?

Sent from Royalty using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Have fun breh....

Cant really answer any of those questions...I went with some friends who went to school there so they knew how to get around. My french is OK.....nothing to brag about really but I rarely found myself having to use it except when I was ordering groceries or making small talk. Cabs are cheaper but they try to hustle you....and go the wrong way, get lost and run up the tab.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Latin Quarter's kind of a crappy area but it's close to all the action. I'd try staying elsewhere. I stayed at the Sheraton which is by the Bell Centre. I have also stayed at the Delta which is further north and used to stay at the Holiday Inn on Rene Levesque as well.

Just stay near St Cahterines street. Walk along that street. It's like Yonge Street but with way more shopping, restaurants, bars and it's long as hell. There's nothing like it in Toronto or anywhere really.

Make sure you go to Old Montreal as well. You can walk down there, take cab or subway.

No idea about clubbing. Haven't been to a club there in a couple years. They are live though.

Make sure you check out Schwartz's http://schwartzsdeli.com/. There's always a line up btw...but it goes pretty quickly. Prepare to wait a good 20-30mins or more but it's worth it.

I either drive or take the train. Train station is downtown.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
@JLova
@Jamal
@spinoza

Is the Latin quarter the best spot to stay?
How are taxi prices $

Is the train or bus station right downtown?

I'll be going alone, will some french cacs try and test me?

Are people friendly if I get lost will they be on that i don't speak English?

If I take the subway what stops do I not get off?

Sent from Royalty using Tapatalk

Most French people are bilingual and cool with English speaking people and won't give you any problems about the language you speak. Some are kinda rude, but I doubt anyone is gonna try and test you physically.

If you are staying downtown, the green line on the subway will be enough to get around. The green's main downtown stops are Atwater, Guy-Concordia, Peel, McGill, Place des Arts, St.Laurent, and Berri UQAM. The Orange line runs parallel to the green downtown and is closer to the river where Old Montreal and the Old Port are located. Once you pass Berri UQAM, your in the shytty, more French separatist part of downtown and the gay village is around there, you might wanna avoid that area.

Montreal_metro_map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
My Toronto brehs whats good with your man Rob Ford hitting that crack pipe? Is he really bout that life? He's reaching Kwame Kilpatrick status with all this fukkery in the news :whew:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
No idea about clubbing. Haven't been to a club there in a couple years. They are live though.

Lamouche and Muzique are my favorite spots these days. If your aged 23-30, you'll fit right in. Muzique is a little more upscale than Lamouche though, and they can be rather selective about who they let in. A few years ago, they were in the news for posting "No fat girls allowed" on their facebook page. :pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lamouche and Muzique are my favorite spots these days. If your aged 23-30, you'll fit right in. Muzique is a little more upscale than Lamouche though, and they can be rather selective about who they let in. A few years ago, they were in the news for posting "No fat girls allowed" on their facebook page. :pachaha:

whast the dress code like?

only clubs ive been to in ym life was in cuba, and i was treated like a king