The 2018 Oscars: Get Out!

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah but that’s not a white guy tho lol
He is on the coli. :francis: because like he's would say.
dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
outside of Peele for Screenplay, nobody that i wanted to win...won.

pleased Rockwell now has an Oscar though.

Nolan will win in like 10 years as life time achievement type oscar. Dunkirk was not very good. It was such a cold sterile lifeless film that has 0 emotion. I can't even remember a single characters name

so like every Nolan film post Dark Knight then ?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Get Out won for Best Screenplay, I knew they wasn't getting Best Picture :martin:

Oscars really dropped the ball here. They got on the wrong side of history. No one will give a fukk about ANY of those movies nominated in 5 years and Get Out will be talked about for decades to come. It was a culturally shifting film that had EVERYONE talking for weeks the moment it came out. The same cannot be said for any of those movies nominated... and all had more "hype" coming out.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Inception is not cold and emotionless, stop it
When Get Out won for Best Screenplay, I knew they wasn't getting Best Picture :martin:

Oscars really dropped the ball here. They got on the wrong side of history. No one will give a fukk about ANY of those movies nominated in 5 years and Get Out will be talked about for decades to come. It was a culturally shifting film that had EVERYONE talking for weeks the moment it came out. The same cannot be said for any of those movies nominated... and all had more "hype" coming out.
Get Out had lots of hype once the trailer dropped. You're claiming Phantom Thread and Lady Bird had more hype than Get Out? :mjlol: There's no "side of history" in this situation, nine films were nominated, stop it.

Emma Stone dissed a black man and a mexican man just to prop up a woman, that right there is another reason why feminism is such a joke.
Hardly a diss, stop it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
outside of Peele for Screenplay, nobody that i wanted to win...won.

pleased Rockwell now has an Oscar though.

I’m willing to say inception is the opposite of that but I’ve heard the argument against that. But for the most part? Yes :russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

No need to shyt on shape of water to prop up get out. You’re right in the sense it’s the movie of the year from an impact standpoint and a cultural standpoint and will more than likely be the one flick from this crop that’s spoken about years from now. Won’t be the first time that’s happened in the academy’s history nor will it be the last. But that doesn’t mean the movies nominated weren’t shyt compared to it.

But to the other stuff you said, none of those other movies had the hype of get out or made anywhere near the cash it did. Like nowhere close. Or even the financial backing it did. Theaters weren’t overrun with people flocking to see lady bird.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
shyt mang. Nothing for Amy Adams this year mang? She been putting in work mang.
Chastain I can agree no doubt but I thought we was over that Margot Robbie chick, was her performance THaT good.....

Best actor is actually a really good race this year.

It's still f the Oscars though. Me too movement fukkery should be worth it though.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nolan will win in like 10 years as life time achievement type oscar. Dunkirk was not very good. It was such a cold sterile lifeless film that has 0 emotion. I can't even remember a single characters name
Yeah, just a strange movie in a sense and very forgettable. Nolan has to do better than that from a story telling aspect.