"Supergirl" TV show thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Sharon Leal as Miss Martian? She still looks good so I am cool with it.
lGmPZEE.jpg

:patrice: Isn't she too old to play Ms. Martian?
:wow: I forgot to mention she's another CW Vet.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

When Superman makes his way to Supergirl this fall, the Man of Steel will be facing off against one of his oldest foes from the comics. EW has learned exclusively that Frederick Schmidt has been tapped to play Metallo.

When international assassin John Corben is badly injured after taking on both Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), he is reborn by a shadow organization into the Kryptonite-powered supervillain Metallo.

Superman’s adversary first appeared in Action Comics in 1959, but has been showcased in many iterations — all usually involving some form of Kryptonite-powered suit or cybernetic enhancements.Smallville fans may recall that Brian Austin Green took of the mantle of Metallo in season 9.

Schmidt joins other Supergirl newcomers in season 2, including Hoechlin as Superman, Lynda Carter as POTUS, Chris Wood as Mon-El, Sharon Leal as Miss Martian, Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor, Ian Gomez as Snapper Carr, and Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer.

Metallo will appear in at least two episodes, starting with the season 2 premiere, airing Monday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The fuk is the point of a promo that shows clips of s1? The fact that this premieres in early Oct and the have nothing to show us has me nervous. Given how slap dash it has all come together this season could be rough folks

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The fuk is the point of a promo that shows clips of s1? The fact that this premieres in early Oct and the have nothing to show us has me nervous. Given how slap dash it has all come together this season could be rough folks

moving to the CW was enough to tell me people gonna be in for a ugly surprise.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Andrew Kreisberg Reveals How SUPERGIRL Obtained Permission To Use SUPERMAN

Fans were thrown for a loop when Tyler Hoechlin was cast as Superman in season 2 of Supergirl, especially given the rumours of DC characters from the feature films being off limits to the television divisions. Despite the rumoured friction, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that it really didn't take much to sell their vision to Warner Bros. and DC.

“I think people would love to hear that we had to promise our children and there was a blood rite, and a goat was sacrificed,” Kreisberg told IGN, “but the truth is we’re all partners, and we all want what’s best and so it really wasn’t a tough sell. We had our plan, and we presented it to Warner Bros. and to DC and they were totally supportive of it. It was more once they actually said yes, it was like, ‘Oh crap, now we have to do Superman!’ We have to find the right actor, and we have to write the best scripts. We have to make the suit. That was the stuff that gave us [headaches]. Actually pulling it off. But behind the scenes, everybody at Warner Bros. and DC and the CW, we're all growing in the same direction.”

Kreisberg and the creative team wanted the Man of Steel's introduction to feel more natural and less obligatory; according to them, they wanted Supergirl to seem capable of saving the world without Superman's help. “I think we’ve spent a year establishing her, and the year ended triumphantly with her saving the world, so there wasn’t any sort of doubt that Supergirl couldn’t do it on her own,” Kreisberg explained. “It felt like you weren’t bringing him in to save the day. It was bringing him in the same way that the crossovers with Flash and the Arrow … it becomes about a partnership.”

As for Superman's future on the CW, “That’s going to be up to Warner Bros., DC and the audience, quite frankly,” Kreisberg offered. “If it turns out as well as we hope, and the audience responds, then we’ll see what happens down the road.”