Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I miss good ole R&B that had great melodies and talent in general. Same with Rap. I miss the mystery that some of these musical artists had.

I miss physical media such as Cassettes, LaserDisc, VHS..

I miss the sitcoms and cartoons of that era as well.

Life before the Internet was actually dope tbh.

isisleo86

All Star
Daps
Cartoons were dope

Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon held a sista down

BET was the shyt, he'll even MTV was better back then, I used to watch Bill Bellamy's countdown

So much variety in both r&b and hip hop. He'll rock sometimes was bumping back then (does rock even exist these days?)

Playing outside with cousins/friends. Used to stay outside from sunup to sundown on days I didn't have school. I had to have an imagination to come up with fun games but hide n go seek was always piff:wow:

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
220px-WWFlogo1997-2002.png

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
- golden era for black entertainment and media: hip hop and r&b were dope, lots of black movies, black tv shows/sitcoms, black comedians, black writers, black magazines

- the record store: spending your whole allowance on cd's/tapes, spending the entire day in a record store browsing thru the used cd section, previewing albums by listening at the lil headphone kiosks

- landlines: that rush to pick up the phone before your parents when a boy was calling :whew:

- college basketball mattering/being a thing outside of the bracket hype/gambling that march madness has become

Cds and Landlines are one thing I’m not jealous of you older posters of having.

The amount of quality albums released in your gen plus the cost would have literally made me broke as hell.

Thank god for my gen having Ipods and streaming :blessed:

Having to rely on flabby landlines is :scust:

I been catching up on my 90s college basketball though:ufdup:

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Slim hoes being the shyt. Even thick women back then were really just slim goodies with a fat ass.

Chris Rock being the top comedian and being in top form.

Beverly Hills 90210 :wow:

No social media so you could cheat in peace and have a whole family on the other side of town and die with your secrets
:dead: