Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Imagine how Finn would have been if they got Micheal B. Jordan to play him. I guarantee the performance would not have been on Finn being the audience surrogate
I know Boyega is a good actor but they clearly only wanted him to play a type in this movie
Finn could have been way better in this movie a lot of the characters could have been better
Rey is too perfect barely struggles at everything
Finn struggles too much
Poe is barely around

People are right to be critical of the writing because how will it get better if they don't know what needs to be fixed.

How can you determine what needs to be fixed by only seeing a third of the story? Furthermore if something that pleases you takes place in the 2nd or 3rd installment how are you determining which part to attribute to the progression of the story (of which you have no knowledge) and which is due to your specific complaints being addressed?

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
soo this chick can use mind control and force pull in less than 24 hours of even knowing the force exists? all on her own? :francis:

Luke only learned some basic shyt and he had the best teachers in the universe :francis:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
From another site

"So I just downloaded the Force Awakens audiobook novelization. And it describes the scene when Maz gives him the lightsaber and says "to everyones surprise gives the lightsaber not to Han or Chewie, but to Finn" and when Finn holds it "it feels comfortable in his hand" and after the lightsaber battle with the storm trooper a scene that wasn't in the movie between MAz and Finn happens. She says to him that she sees the eyes of a warrior now instead of one who wants to run."
Well that's not in the movie......

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Do y'all think the way they made Rey so strong in the movie because she gonna switch to the dark side in the next sequel?:ohhh:

Look at the movie poster.:wtf:
tfa_poster_wide_header.jpg

The dark side and the light of the force.

Look how Rey is parallel to Ren in the poster.:mjpls:

If they gonna do some mind fukked plot twist we gotta see what signs they hinted in TFA.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I said a lot of shyt in another thread, but I was doing some thinking as I always do and I do believe Finn's character was more pronounced than Rey's. Rey's character is pretty damn 1-dimensional all throughout. There are very little moments where she is vulnerable or shows more depth or gravitas or wisdom that can only come through turmoil. We can juxtapose her character with Finn's character, who I believe is a 3 dimensional character. Just look at the guy, he lies because he is afraid of how he will be perceived, he is scared throughout, he is infatuated with Rey and tries to save her but fails... Essentially, he is a more human-like character than Rey, a character most of us can connect with (sans the common, negative stereotypes). And he is constantly saved by Rey (would be terrible if this movie was self-contained in that there won't be future episodes, or if in future episodes Finn is killed off at the start of Star Wars 8).
And given Finn's last act of not being a force user and just rushing into battle against a Sith who is much more powerful and experienced, shows even more character on his part. Sure, he may have been knocked into a coma, but he still performed. This, at least to me -- given future work, and hopefully not making Finn into a complete side-kick Nancy boy --- would signify Finn as a central, main-player in the Star War's universe. The writers obviously wanted to make him more of a human-like character with immense vulnerabilities, but I think that was kind of lost on my part given I had a more visceral reaction than a more calmed and relax reaction. The visceral reaction was in part due to the stereotypes in the movie. I still stand by what I said of where it concerns the obvious propaganda displayed in the film.

Even though I hated the damn stereotypes, I could connect with Finn more than I could the others not due to race, but because he had more human qualities than the others.

Overall, I gave the film a 9/10. They didn't need to have all those damn stereotypes.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
One thing I don't get: In the movie this can't be more than 30, 40 years max since they blew up the last death star. Presumably the rebels won and the Empire was destroyed. How, then do the Jedi become 'myth' again? Luke should've been the most famous person in the galaxy so where does the myth and legend come in? Not only that but 30 years isn't long enough in our world for anything to become myth or legend so in this galaxy with thousands and thousands of years of known history and interplanetary conflict/communication does something become mythical that quick? Not to mention Rey literally lives on the planet with destroyed Empire equipment laying around from the rebellion. What is mythical about any of this?

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Do y'all think the way they made Rey so strong in the movie because she gonna switch to the dark side in the next sequel?:ohhh:

If they gonna do some mind fukked plot twist we gotta see what signs they hinted in TFA.
Not really, i mean they got BB8 and maz on the dark side and star killer base on the light side.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I don't get: In the movie this can't be more than 30, 40 years max since they blew up the last death star. Presumably the rebels won and the Empire was destroyed. How, then do the Jedi become 'myth' again? Luke should've been the most famous person in the galaxy so where does the myth and legend come in? Not only that but 30 years isn't long enough in our world for anything to become myth or legend so in this galaxy with thousands and thousands of years of known history and interplanetary conflict/communication does something become mythical that quick? Not to mention Rey literally lives on the planet with destroyed Empire equipment laying around from the rebellion. What is mythical about any of this?
Might be explained in the books

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

U might be on to something because han is out in front of the poster and was really the focus of this movie and we dont see luke at all on the poster and he has 7 seconds of screen time and no lines. Bytch did have that rage in her too!

Shyt is like micro transactions in video games. To get the feel of the complete movie i gotta buy the novel, the comics leading into it and 2 seasons of rebels to get the full experience or cop the complete edition bluray next year

:ohhh:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Not really, i mean they got BB8 and maz on the dark side and star killer base on the light side.
Yeah but is still strange how they got Rey and Ren side by side like that in the poster make it seem like shes the one holding the red light saber.
He is. Rey is bland to me. I feel she is too perfect too soon. Finn seems more fleshed out like he will have the biggest growth by the end of the series.
Yeah she kinda is, if they show Luke and Rey training scenes they might look boring with no chemistry.

Finn literally has chemistry with character in the movie which is why I said he is literally the star of the movie.

If they got Luke and Finn interactions scenes in episode 8 is gonna be gold.:ohlawd: