Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I do wanna support the show...but ain't really down to pay for yet another streaming service....unless they about to remove all ST from NF/Amazon...maybe...then..but as of now...might just download like I did ep 2

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
decent episode and this chick is fine as hell, not good enough to get me to pay, and those klingons were jarring. i just couldnt wrap my ahead around anything about them. the slow speaking, the weird ass look. what the hell

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Nah I got no problem accepting a difference of opinion. But when it’s seemingly coming from an ignorant place that’s what I can’t abide. I don’t like being people being dumb or ignorant or willingly staying in the past because it makes them feel better. Can’t get with it and never will.
What's intellect got to do with taking umbridge with Hollywood's obsession with making everything female driven. If you took your head out of your azz one sec and saw my point you would realize I first questioned the purpose when unlike blackcentric stuff in the 70/80/90s there is actually no demand for this. I also stated I actually have no problem with heroines in general it's when it's displayed at the expense of any strong male presence (see total recall remake) is when I know I am being "handled".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's intellect got to do with taking umbridge with Hollywood's obsession with making everything female driven. If you took your head out of your azz one sec and saw my point you would realize I first questioned the purpose when unlike blackcentric stuff in the 70/80/90s there is actually no demand for this. I also stated I actually have no problem with heroines in general it's when it's displayed at the expense of any strong male presence (see total recall remake) is when I know I am being "handled".

Intellect has a lot to do with it. If you really feel like Hollywood is going to contribute to the downfall of the male gender or black people then clearly there’s no intellect at play. There are insanely bigger fish to fry and if you look for an insidious reason in every damn thing and become a conspiracy theorists by trade then my head and my ass are the least of your worries.

Use that energy towards actually making true change rather than being outraged at the faux ones you pick for the day

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Intellect has a lot to do with it. If you really feel like Hollywood is going to contribute to the downfall of the male gender or black people then clearly there’s no intellect at play. There are insanely bigger fish to fry and if you look for an insidious reason in every damn thing and become a conspiracy theorists by trade then my head and my ass are the least of your worries.

Use that energy towards actually making true change rather than being outraged at the faux ones you pick for the day
remind me again where I state Hollywood is going to bring the downfall of males or black men. I expect this sort of debate technique from others you are better than this..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
remind me again where I state Hollywood is going to bring the downfall of males or black men. I expect this sort of debate technique from others you are better than this..

The point is if you want to talk about the role of men in society or even black men or black people this isn’t where that discussion should start. You looking for insidious reasons in damn near everything you watch or at least comment about plus the victim complex you have any time someone disagrees with you or you feel like something should be done differently just isn’t a good look. If you don’t like the show and have an issue with its two female leads and no strong male lead in the first ep that’s cool. But trying to make it a systemic thing and part of a larger conspiracy is when your actual argument gets lost in the bullshyt.

There’s a time to discuss gender politics in media but you need cogent arguments rather than screaming agenda at the top of your lungs every time something doesn’t match up with your worldview or how you’d like things to be. You get Jason issacs next episode. You said you’re not a fan of his. Well okay then cool. But as of right now a black woman is leading a show with big money behind it and so far as good critical reception. And she’s not half naked. Nor is she scheming for someone’s money. Nor is she a former drug dealer or out here being hood. That is the thing we should be applauding rather than being hung up on caveman politics of the 50s

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The point is if you want to talk about the role of men in society or even black men or black people this isn’t where that discussion should start.
but I never talked about about the role of men or black men in society so I fail to see the relevance in making this point

where You looking for insidious reasons in damn near everything you watch or at least comment about plus the victim complex you have any time someone disagrees with you or you feel like something should be done differently just isn’t a good look
where is the victim complex? U and many others here displaying the worse traits of an sjw. This is a discussion forum there should be diversity of thought reading statements and then formulating opinions based on post history rather than what was stated is redundant

If you don’t like the show and have an issue with its two female leads and no strong male lead in the first ep that’s cool. But trying to make it a systemic thing and part of a larger conspiracy is when your actual argument gets lost in the bullshyt.
yeah cuz there isn't an overabundance of female led titles today, right?

There’s a time to discuss gender politics in media but you need cogent arguments rather than screaming agenda at the top of your lungs every time something doesn’t match up with your worldview or how you’d like things to be. You get Jason issacs next episode. You said you’re not a fan of his. Well okay then cool. But as of right now a black woman is leading a show with big money behind it and so far as good critical reception. And she’s not half naked. Nor is she scheming for someone’s money. Nor is she a former drug dealer or out here being hood. That is the thing we should be applauding rather than being hung up on caveman politics of the 50s
tone deaf or poor reading comprehension simply put

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but I never talked about about the role of men or black men in society so I fail to see the relevance in making this point

where is the victim complex? U and many others here displaying the worse traits of an sjw. This is a discussion forum there should be diversity of thought reading statements and then formulating opinions based on post history rather than what was stated is redundant

yeah cuz there isn't an overabundance of female led titles today, right?

tone deaf or poor reading comprehension simply put

Homie you got your diversity of thought. Doesn’t mean I or anyone else has to agree with it. I’m not saying you can’t have your opinions. Do I think they’re shortsighted and wrongheaded? Yeah but you can say what you want. Don’t confuse not agreeing with you with saying you can’t say what you need to say.

It’s not about their being an overabundance it’s abour Star Trek always being about diversity and showing a future where minorities can be in charge or have equal footing with their white counterparts. And when the Klingons are being isolationist and nationalist and xenophobs, why not have a blank woman be at the forefront of stomping that out?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'll wait until it comes out on bluray. Rather spend $30 to $40 on a box set than $10 a month for a whole season.