Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dont even think stan lee has anything to do with marvel as of now anyway, besides being an ambassador. For years his characters been portrayed shytty as fukk on the big screen and television until recently, and now dude wants to pop shyt to dc like they been running shyt forever. Lol at any comic book movie made before batman begins(maybe not spiderman 2). Batman Begins was the blueprint to all these comic book movies being created with some respect for the source material and not happy meals

Actually Blade was the truest to form adaption of any marvel comics character which jumpstarted the whole thing. but doesnt get any credit lets be real here....:francis: and it dropped in 98'. And if you really want to be gully we can go back to the first punisher movie with dolph lundren...:troll: shyt was not for kids... :mjlol:

EDIT... I know they had released superman first and batman in 89' but they was quiet for a long time after that... :mjlol:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Actually Blade was the truest to form adaption of any marvel comics character which jumpstarted the whole thing. but doesnt get any credit lets be real here....:francis: and it dropped in 98'. And if you really want to be gully we can go back to the first punisher movie with dolph lundren...:troll: shyt was not for kids... :mjlol:

EDIT... I know they had released superman first and batman in 89' but they was quiet for a long time after that... :mjlol:

No.love for howard the duck huh:troll:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
She's popular because of the old tv show. I'm sure you can't name 3 wonder woman villains without google. Most comic fans will have a hard time with that too.

Cheetah

Giganta

Ares

I've read practically all of her Post-Crisis comics

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Stan-Lee.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:comeon:

Wonder Woman is the biggest female superhero period.....if no one cares about her no one cares about female superheroes at all

Then I guess no one really cares about female superheroes period breh. :skip: Dude... the last 2 maybe 3 generations didnt grow up to see and embrace WW. I think the last WW show or presence she really had was when Lynda Carter portrayed her back in 1975.

If it was 1988 I would COMPLETELY AGREE that WW is the Biggest Female SuperHero (this was pre before Xena came through and crushed the building right?)

My G..... that was like 40 years ago...... since then... the only characters that have been relevant is really just Batman and Super for DC..... I mean damn.... even in that DC animated movie... they only did like one WW movie and have dropped several batman and Superman, a couple of GL's and Flashes.

Lets be real.... that Katniss Hunger Games chick (character not actress) is bigger than WW right now.

But Black Widow? She's been seen like 4 times now (going on 5) and is in a current cartoon that the kids are growing up now to embrace and follow. I'm not saying she's bigger... but just saying... compare the current profiles and awareness of the 2:sas2:

Last edited:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!

That '89 Punisher flick deserves a lotta love. People that shyt on the Dolphster's acting should watch that jail scene with Lou Gossett, Jr. He captured the emotionally drained, blood-letting Badass that Frank Castle is.

Had they added the skull on his chest and not his face and those stilettos, it would be talked about as much as the '89 Batman today. :blessed:

shyt was pure 80s action.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The difference in DC and Marvel is that Marvel is all about quantity over quality. Stan Lee proves this point straight up.

He basically says "We have more heroes than them/ They have to catch up to us." And that's basically his only argument.

Marvel may make more money when it comes to box office standings but I think you will get 10x better performances and stories from DC properties.

I think the ABSOLUTELY BIGGEST MISTAKE that Marvel has made so far is announcing there whole slate for the next 10 years including the titles...

I may be the only one who feels this way but my hype for Age of Ultron has plummeted due to multiple reasons.

1. I've seen so much footage that I feel like I've already seen the movie.

2. I already have an idea of what happens in the next movie, and after that, and after that due to the titles being released.

3. The story seems very throwaway-ish. Going from and alien invasion to man-made robots seems like a step backwards as far as scope.

It seems like Marvel hype is solely based on what new hero they will introduce and not the actual stories being told. Civil War finally seemed like we were going to get a more story driven movie but then it gets overshadowed by the introduction of spider man which becomes the new focal point of the movie.

DC doesn't need a universe focused around hundreds of heroes. The JL and its members have way better standalone and joint stories than Marvel will ever have.

10x huh? not 12 or 15x? You sure?
DC announced there entire slate up to the year 2020 I believe.
Keep it trill, you going to see Age of Ultron or not?
You don't know shyt about upcoming DC shyt because they are only on the 2nd movie of their shared universe, is that really a fair comparison?
So this Superman sequel's hype isn't based on Batman being in it mostly, as well as Wonderwoman?
They don't need it or they can't do it? Because after the top 2 their heroes get real shaky as far as appeal to a wide audience. Shyt they don't even have the confidence to do Robin and he is their best character's sidekick.
They did him once, terribly and then said uh nevermind. lol

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Nolan blessed Warner Bros with a couple billion but shot em in the foot at the same time. If it wasn't for him we might've been watching Justice League 2 by now :lolbron: