Spoiler: Thanos the greatest villain of all time cuz...

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's up there.

They built him up for like 7 movies (not counting the MCU movies that made 0 mention of him) and he absolutely overdelivered. They set up multiple plotlines to take him down (Thor's new hammer/the trap on TItan/keeping Vision in Wakanda and extracting+destroying the stone) and he beat them one by one.

The only villain I can think of who comes close (in achievements) is the Emperor from Star Wars :yeshrug:

Acting/storywise we've got the Joker, Killmonger, Vader who wreck scenes etc but Thanos and The Emperor are, imo, on different levels.
Palpatine during the Prequel era is my favorite

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You don't need another 30 minutes to explain motivations. :gucci:

Just fix the dialogue, add to the character, maybe add a scene.

And Thanos is a sociopath; not insane.

Well that’s a matter of perspective my friend:sas1:

And all that other stuff?:frank1:

So like, I reached to— :whistle:

Er *cough* I mean @wire28 reach out to the Russo Bro after his meeting to voice your concerns.

And the response pretty much was “Thank you but no thank you. We’re fine with the way it is. Thanos will return in Avengers 4 and it’s going to blow your mind”

I’m just an advocate :hubie:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
And all that other stuff?:frank1:

So like, I reached to— :whistle:

Er *cough* I mean @wire28 reach out to the Russo Bro after his meeting to voice your concerns.

And the response pretty much was “Thank you but no thank you. We’re fine with the way it is. Thanos will return in Avengers 4 and it’s going to blow your mind”

I’m just an advocate :hubie:
Corny. :camby:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
CBM villian? Yes. Absolutely.

Comic villain? Again, yes. Especially when Jim Starlin or someone else competent writes him as more than a blood thirsty warlord and remembers he has an intellect above even Reed Richards.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I still don’t understand why he wanted to do what he did:yeshrug:

He doesn’t want to be king of the universe

Is it retribution?

Yeah, that was a plot hole. he kept talking about the universe needing cleansing, but they should've went more into in regards to his motivations.

1st response..... you're not supposed to understand because his truth and like he said "he's the only one that knows what he knows"

2nd response.... no they didnt need to do that. As much as I love to have this movie go on another 30 mins. They need to make some people happy and not serve that "spoon fed drizel"

Plus to both responses.... its a reason he is a label as "The Mad Titan" when it all comes down to it, he's insane. Most cases insane people dont know they are insane and by that, they are the most dangerous people out there because they find validation in their goals or think the are just

Martha

They actually did explain this. His motivations basically come down to population control.

His own homeworld died off because they ran out of resources. At the time, his proposal to fix it was to kill off half the population, and that way the people remaining would survive and have a good standard of living. They didn't listen (and he got called "Mad" for proposing this) and went extinct.

Same with Gomorra's homeworld. According to him, they lived in famine and poverty until he killed off half of them, and now they enjoy a much better standard of living and no kids there have to go hungry.

So that's basically his motive in the movie. He thinks sentient beings will end up dying or killing each other off due to lack of resources unless he reduces the population. You're not supposed to agree, but he does have a motive.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They actually did explain this. His motivations basically come down to population control.

His own homeworld died off because they ran out of resources. At the time, his proposal to fix it was to kill off half the population, and that way the people remaining would survive and have a good standard of living. They didn't listen (and he got called "Mad" for proposing this) and went extinct.

Same with Gomorra's homeworld. According to him, they lived in famine and poverty until he killed off half of them, and now they enjoy a much better standard of living and no kids there have to go hungry.

So that's basically his motive in the movie. He thinks sentient beings will end up dying or killing each other off due to lack of resources unless he reduces the population. You're not supposed to agree, but he does have a motive.
I mean, why the entire Universe? Why spend your time doing that?

The stone collecting can be seen as power. But why go out of your way and destroy half the universe for population control?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

This!

I’m mean...... I have to say it again.....
has answered that many times in various threads and even began to ask folks did they even watch this movie

I don’t think it gets any more clearer than that.

But at this point..... I’m just an advocate :hubie:

Martha

• Dap
Reactions: hex

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Killing half the entire Universe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Threatening to kill 22 (or less) people split between 2 boats

:lolbron:

Martha
:russ: I knew this was coming.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He's up there.

They built him up for like 7 movies (not counting the MCU movies that made 0 mention of him) and he absolutely overdelivered. They set up multiple plotlines to take him down (Thor's new hammer/the trap on TItan/keeping Vision in Wakanda and extracting+destroying the stone) and he beat them one by one.

The only villain I can think of who comes close (in achievements) is the Emperor from Star Wars :yeshrug:

Acting/storywise we've got the Joker, Killmonger, Vader who wreck scenes etc but Thanos and The Emperor are, imo, on different levels.
Keep in mine this..the only reason he got pushed on this level is because they didnt have the rights to Dr. Doom...and Surfer is missing from this fun too.