Spiderman TAS 1994 might be the best animated series of all time

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:aicmon:

What part of many voice actors were doing BOTH shows don't you get?

Mark Hamill
Ed Asner
Richard Moll
Efrim Zimbalist

were doing voices for Batman the Animated series AND Spider-Man.

Even beyond those who worked on both shows just look at the list of talent that worked on that Spider-Man show, it's a lot of accomplished well respected voice actors who worked on that show.

The quality of the voice acting had nothing to do with budget. It was just a shytty voice director.

Thank you! Mofos totally overlook that the voice direction for X-Men was terrible.

Rekless Youf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Miami Made.....L.A. Living
I messed with Spiderman as a kid but even then I noticed the censorship.

I remember when Morbius came through and would say he was thirsting for human "plasma instead of blood. As a kid I was like :what:
X-Men for the number spot for me. They had a few episodes on Friday night primetime.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As far as Spiderman TAS goes, it's a classic IMO. The writers did the absolute best they could with what they had to work with.

The censorship sucked but the story was good enough that I was fiending for the next episode. And the fact that it was formatted in sagas rather than episodic kept me hooked. I remember when the Green Goblin found out who Spiderman was and then threw Mary Jane into that vortex...had me like :sadcam: .

Not to mention the finale (Clone Saga) was dope.

I wouldn't put Spiderman over Batman: TAS, but it's at least equal to X-men IMO.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Gargoyles had people getting bodied on the first episode. The "City of Stone" series had a higher body count of the flashbacks and the humans that Demona killed that most movies. :wtf: That is what set it apart from most 90s series, cause it took a path that was never explored. Over time, many of the antagonists eventually become allies, or even friends.

Demona has one of the most tragic tales ever, and her and Macbeth's history damn near made me want to cry as a young bul. They have an eternal blood feud over a simple misunderstanding..well and paranoia. Demona is a top female villain.

Very first ep, Goliath caught a sword in his hand and started bleeding. Xanatos said "pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot through hell." Disney pulled out all of the stops with that. And the acting....Keith David, Salli Richardson, Jonathan Frakes, Ed Asner, Marina Sirtis (and 1/2 of the Star Trek cast), Bill Faggerbakke, Jeff Bennett.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:comin4u:

Demona has one of the most tragic tales ever, and her and Macbeth's history damn near made me want to cry as a young bul. They have an eternal blood feud over a simple misunderstanding..well and paranoia. Demona is a top female villain.

Very first ep, Goliath caught a sword in his hand and started bleeding. Xanatos said "pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot through hell." Disney pulled out all of the stops with that. And the acting....Keith David, Salli Richardson, Jonathan Frakes, Ed Asner, Marina Sirtis (and 1/2 of the Star Trek cast), Bill Faggerbakke, Jeff Bennett.

Man, in some ways Gargoyles was better than B: Tas cause the "balls" factor. You will never see anything like that again. Disney in the 90s gave no fukks.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Just found this - Demona's Rap Sheet lol

Batman was still a great cartoon, but I think Gargoyles seas1-2 has some things that would take it over Batman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Demona's Rap Sheet - YouTube

Just found this - Demona's Rap Sheet lol

Batman was still a great cartoon, but I think Gargoyles seas1-2 has some things that would take it over Batman.

This video alone>>>>Xmen-TAS and Spidey-TAS.

Cats in here talking about characters they had on the shows, storylines they got from comics.... posting Apocalypse doing shytty Nietzche and Darwin impersonations....

that stuff has nothing to do with the actual writing, voice acting, music, storylines or animation.

what you gonna hit us with next? "Why can't you just enjoy it without paying attention to all that shyt? Don't you know how to enjoy yourself!?"

:beli: