Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Understood.
For me it's not a problem. I enjoy a game with what you call a "cinematic experience". My favorite games are the ones with stories that I really enjoyed.
The gameplay was the icing on the cake.
On the other hand, I don't enjoy a game with TOO MUCH story. ie. Quantum Break. I didn't like the balance of that game and more importantly, the story was completely uninteresting to me.
The order and Ryse were heavy on story, but I liked both of those stories very much and the gameplay was solid in both, albeit repetitive.
For me it is. I'm so over this style of game. Seems like if you played one you've played them all.

People give Ubisoft shyt for their "open world formula", I think Sony is worse with their "cinematic action" formula.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ohhh:
So Sony messed up by turning Spider-Man (A game based on a MOVIE) into a "movie game"
Yes.

In the spirit of the character Spider-Man should be a sandbox style game. What they are seemingly making is a highly scripted game just like the rest of their games. Arkahm Spidey is not what's hot in the streets:smh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I feel like if someone says "yo that game looks like a movie" it's actually a compliment.
I remember that's exactly what a few friends said when they saw God Of War for the first time.
I draw the line when the comment is "how long is this movie" and my reply is "this isn't a movie, this is that new game Quantum Break. Where it has full length episodes in between levels".

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes.

In the spirit of the character Spider-Man should be a sandbox style game. What they are seemingly making is a highly scripted game just like the rest of their games. Arkahm Spidey is not what's hot in the streets:smh:
Insomniac is making scripted games just like the rest of their games?

Like Ratchet and Clank right?

:mjlol:

giphy.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yes.

Do we know that spiderman will be heavily scripted?
Arkham had a lot of story scenes to it but I think everyone would agree the game focused on game play and had A LOT of it.
Again, I mention Quantum Break as the standard for a game that is "cinematic" or a "movie game".
It's just a little weird. It's cool if you don't like that genre (if you will) but you gave Quantum Break, Ryse, and Tomb Raider high praise and those games were VERY cinematic.
It just sounds like you're drawing the line with Sony games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After last year’s cinematic trailer, Spider-Man by Insomniac got a full-fledged gameplay reveal at E3 2017. Some fans worried that gameplay seemed a little too scripted and filled with Quick Time Events (QTEs), but Community Manager James Stevenson was quick to assuage those fears on Neogaf while adding that the swinging system is fully physics based and free roaming through New York is available.

You do manually swing through the city to chase it down though. And the swinging is all physics based with webs that attach to buildings

RELATEDInsomniac on Spider-Man: 1080P@60 Not Really an Option on PS4 Pro, First-Person View Used at Certain Moments
You can free roam in the city and webs attach to stuff.

That isn’t a QTE, he is web zipping to the sign right as it explodes which triggers that special animation/camera. The player doesn’t have to hit that at all.

For instance, if the water tower doesn’t explode he would’ve zipped to the top of it, but since it did it changed the animation so he lands and vaults off.

One user posted a GIF of Spider-Man moving through a building and Stevenson confirmed that despite the absence of a HUD, that is also player controlled.

RELATEDInsomniac’s Spider-Man To Release This Year, Says Marvel
On Twitter, he subsequently added that Insomniac will play a demo of the game on the E3 show floor featuring longer combat sequences. Moreover, he hinted that there are multiple ways to catch the helicopter in that chase sequence since every Insomniac developer playing the demo traverses the city in a different way.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Do we know that spiderman will be heavily scripted?
Arkham had a lot of story scenes to it but I think everyone would agree the game focused on game play and had A LOT of it.
Again, I mention Quantum Break as the standard for a game that is "cinematic" or a "movie game".
It's just a little weird. It's cool if you don't like that genre (if you will) but you gave Quantum Break, Ryse, and Tomb Raider high praise and those games were VERY cinematic.
It just sounds like you're drawing the line with Sony games.

repped.

we all see it breh, it's sad.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel like if someone says "yo that game looks like a movie" it's actually a compliment.
I remember that's exactly what a few friends said when they saw God Of War for the first time.
I draw the line when the comment is "how long is this movie" and my reply is "this isn't a movie, this is that new game Quantum Break. Where it has full length episodes in between levels".
I'm probably in the minority with my opinion.

Obviously people like this style a game as they usually sell well. I just think they are boring:manny: