Sony E3 2018 Press Conference (9PM EST/6PM PDT)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It's clear the open world gameplay is there, but it doesn't seem the missions are based around that idea. The web slinging looks fun, but how long is that gonna stay compelling?

There seems to be nothing in the world that makes you want to explore/test spideys abilities. Looks empty except for the random thugs.

They have not shown a mission with dynamic sandbox gameplay. Just that scripted stuff.

This is true, all i can assume right now that the more bombastic, cinematic scenes/gameplay are part of the story as they have been interviewed as saying there is also side content.

The Gadgets, Suits, And Sidequests Of Spider-Man

Sidequests
Insomniac and Marvel both care deeply about the story it has crafted for Spider-Man, but this is an open-world game, so there has to be more to do than just mainline quests to complete. We got a taste of a few of the optional sidequests Spider-Man can complete during the game.

generalcrime.gif

General crime
As you web-swing around the city, you stop all kinds of crime. We stopped a store robbery, interrupted a car chase, and Intihar says Spider-Man also busts up drug deals in alleys and encounters situations where Mr. Negative’s Inner Demons gang is caught up in a shoot-out with the NYPD.

These general crimes will also change, shift, and combine as you make your way through the game. We saw this in action when the second robbery we stopped evolved into a car chase when some of the bad guys got away.

Black Cat Stakeouts
We came across one side mission from Felicia “Black Cat” Hardy challenging us to find a lucky cat she had hidden in the environment. It was implied that Black Cat is working on something big, and completing her missions will unravel her story.

Taskmaster Missions
Taskmaster is a Spider-Man villain with the ability to copy others’ abilities just by watching them do it. In Insomniac’s game, he has left a number of communication devices around the city with missions for Spider-Man to complete. The one we found tasked us with finding a ticking bomb, throwing the bomb into the air, and then firing off a series of webs at the bomb in order to mute its explosion. The more webs we shot at the bomb before it exploded, the more points we got for our mission rating. While completing these missions, Taskmaster will apparently be watching you from the shadows.

Oscorp Research Stations
Harry Osborn is in Europe during Spider-Man, but before leaving, he asks his very smart friend Peter Parker (who he doesn’t know is Spider-Man) to do him a favor and check in on a series of mobile research stations littered around the city. The one we investigated was looking into pollution in the city, and in order to complete the experiment, we had to swing through a series of pollution clouds in a certain amount of time in order to collect samples. These mission we completed was basically a speed-trial, but with a story conceit revolving around Peter and Harry’s relationship.

fiskbase.jpg

Fisk Bases
Wilson “Kingpin” Fisk is arrested in the game’s opening mission, but his business is still going strong. Throughout the world, you will find Fisk bases full of bad guys trying to keep their boss’ business alive while he is behind bars. These will function as combat challenges. The one we did took place on a roof.

Peter’s Old Backpacks
Along with the assorted missions you can complete, you also find Peter’s old backpacks all over the city. These backpacks will offer insight into Peter and Spider-Man’s backstory leading up this point in his life. The one we found offered some details about the first web-shooters Peter ever made. Insomniac is recording dialogue to accompany each backpack so Spider-Man can tell you a little about what’s inside each one.

Intihar said that this does not cover all the sidequests and distractions available in the city and promises players will encounter more in the final game. For more on Spider-Man, click the banner blow to read our gameplay impressions, watch interviews, and learn a whole lot more about the game.

I think they are trying to save some stuff for release and i think the "general crimes" category will have the most potential for non scripted game play.

There is some standard fare in the side quests as well (collecting back packs,speed trails etc) but i think the fact that they said this list doesnt cover evry thing gives credence that there may be deeper side missions as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is true, all i can assume right now that the more bombastic, cinematic scenes/gameplay are part of the story as they have been interviewed as saying there is also side content.

The Gadgets, Suits, And Sidequests Of Spider-Man

I think they are trying to save some stuff for release and i think the "general crimes" category will have the most potential for non scripted game play.

There is some standard fare in the side quests as well (collecting back packs,speed trails etc) but i think the fact that they said this list doesnt cover evry thing gives credence that there may be deeper side missions as well.
Depends on how varied this stuff is. To compare to Arkahm most of that side stuff got real boring real quick.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, people were getting chopped up, shot, and beheaded, but your main concern is that the kids see two people kiss? :leostare:

The LGBT stuff was a bit too heavy-handed for my taste but if it makes that demographic happy then I'll let it ride :hubie:
dumb logic, when people are getting shot in movies and video games, the viewer or player are made aware its a BAD THING

when they do this homo shyt the viewer is told, this is a good thing, this is normal.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Coli always going to Coli..Microsoft bought 5 studios and all of a sudden y'all want to crown them like you haven't seen what has happened to the last studios they purchased.

Sony dropped GoW and Detroit this year with Spiderman coming later this year...MS has dropped Cuphead and Sea of Thieves with Jump Force coming this year.

We're closing the generation out with TLOU2, GoT and Days Gone vs Forza, Gears and Halo.

It all speaks for itself.

Tell the truth, shame the devil

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli always going to Coli..Microsoft bought 5 studios and all of a sudden y'all want to crown them like you haven't seen what has happened to the last studios they purchased.

Sony dropped GoW and Detroit this year with Spiderman coming later this year...MS has dropped Cuphead and Sea of Thieves with Jump Force coming this year.

We're closing the generation out with TLOU2, GoT and Days Gone vs Forza, Gears and Halo.

It all speaks for itself.

Its just Meech's old bitter ass, dude has to hate everything Sony related. If these were Microsoft exclusives ( :lolbron:) his reactions would be a mixture of :wow::ohhh: and :ahh:. Don't pay him any mind.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I'm sayin.

Did they really show that dude getting gutted or that woman with the blood pouring out her face on disney?

:picard:

Can't believe they cut the kiss off :mjlol:, i'm sure thats a big reason Ellie going full on savage in the game. Y'all saying they forcing it need to remember she liked that girl Riley in the DLC :usure:

Disney XD has all those p*ssy ass cartoons and they show the extreme violence like its no big deal :picard:. People forget these games have a rating system and the viewers on that channel skew way younger.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Can't believe they cut the kiss off :mjlol:, i'm sure thats a big reason Ellie going full on savage in the game. Y'all saying they forcing it need to remember she liked that girl Riley in the DLC :usure:

Disney XD has all those p*ssy ass cartoons and they show the extreme violence like its no big deal :picard:. People forget these games have a rating system and the viewers on that channel skew way younger.

I thought I remember her being gay. I was wondering why ppl were acting so thrown off by her kissing the girl in the demo last night.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I thought I remember her being gay. I was wondering why ppl were acting so thrown off by her kissing the girl in the demo last night.

Those online asian forums must have been going ballistic when they saw an Asian man get dismissed in favor of a woman :dead:. First thing I thought of when I saw that in the trailer was those TLR threads on that :mjlol:

Back to the topic at hand, yeah it seems she is. shyt does not affect me one way or another, if the character development and story is good then I'm good :yeshrug:.

It's Naughty Dog so you know it will be good :wow:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I expect next gen consoles to be announced next e3 , with it releasing 2020 . In my
Opinion , Sony Is leaving the PS4 with a bang .

PS Boss already said no new console til 2021. they may do a reveal at E3 2020 and a tease next year though

Last of Us and Ghosts may get pushed back or saved until Fall/Holiday 2019

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its just Meech's old bitter ass, dude has to hate everything Sony related. If these were Microsoft exclusives ( :lolbron:) his reactions would be a mixture of :wow::ohhh: and :ahh:. Don't pay him any mind.
Keep my name out your mouth unless you @ me buddy:comeon:

It's clear who the dirty stan is here:scust: