Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
the 94 and 02 teams were both better than this years squad. The best player the US has, by far, is the goalie...and he's 33.
aight breh, whatever you say.

remember that many of the same people on this us team were the same people who beat Spain at the height of their power @ the confederations cup

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
its sad but as you jus said,its true,

you never know tho, the US celebrities are "adopting" soccer.....from snoop to rihanna to troy ave to even pusha t:wow:

pushasoccer_main.jpg
(forgot what music video that was)

hell even the sports stars like lebron and kobe

so hopefully the mentality will change,i think it will because of this "hipster" generation currently replacing the "gangster" generation

Breh, that's from a Re-Up video from 2008...and Pusha has been on some Euro shyt, for a long time....Pusha T being a big fan of tennis hasn't done anything to create the next arthur ashe either

Kobe grew up in Italy, Rhianna is from Barbados and Snoop been on that shyt because he's the most internationally known rapper living.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
aight breh, whatever you say.

remember that many of the same people on this us team were the same people who beat Spain at the height of their power @ the confederations cup

Breh you cant sit here and tell me Germany and Belgium weren't head and shoulders above us.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Breh you cant sit here and tell me Germany and Belgium weren't head and shoulders above us.
Yeah.... And Germany is arguably the best team in this tournament and Belgium was considered a dark horse to win..
I saw Freddy, Jozy, & Bradley style on U-20 Brazil & only of them is standing because his Pops was Coach.

Folks were calling Jozy a bust when he couldn't get playing time.
I hope Jozy will sort himself out. It's kind of a shame he couldn't play at this WC but you're right. You can't tell what'll happen between then and now.

Haji Wright is still :whoo: tho

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Breh, that's from a Re-Up video from 2008...and Pusha has been on some Euro shyt, for a long time....Pusha T being a big fan of tennis hasn't done anything to create the next arthur ashe either

Kobe grew up in Italy, Rhianna is from Barbados and Snoop been on that shyt because he's the most internationally known rapper living.
your missin my point tho....celebrities are now endorsing soccer,from rihannas tweets to troy ave wearing jerseys,it helps

lebron james buying shares in a soccer team, it will all push the sport forward in the US

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
CR7 is being mentioned alot so I'll use him as an example.

tumblr_m60xmugz2p1qfvbbio1_1280.jpg

This guy is an example of a freak athlete, watch that one documentary where they did a bunch of tests on him called "Cristiano Ronaldo Tested to the limit".

Speed, Acceleration, Agility, Strength, Power, Explosiveness. He has it all.

If he had concentrated on Basketball he would excel as a PG.

American football would be graced to have him as a RB.

Baseball same thing.

But I'm talking about Cristiano Ronaldo from 23 yrs and up.

images

This CR wouldn't do shyt in the big 3 American sports.

People like to forget that CR used to be a pure winger, who's only asset was dribbling, yet he was still such a talented player.

Look at the first picture, the way he touches the ball with a bent foot, he's a freak athlete but he has always put technique and skill first.

In North America you want to know what they teach you?

"Touch the ball with the inside of your foot."

"Chase the ball"

They don't know that the game is physically exhausting expecting 12-18 year old to be explosive with every touch of the ball.

They bring the American sports mentality of Instant Gratification into a sport that would rather reward you after tremendous amounts of effort and paitence.

Just like CR7 demonstrates Athleticism is a great asset, but it is always, always secondary to technique, skill and creativity.

If CR had built the foundation of his skill set with athleticism front and center, then he would not be the Best player in the world and would never have left the island of Madeira.

This is the reality:

Football (soccer)
1. Technique, Skill, Creativity

2. Athleticism

American sports:
1.Athleticism

2. Technique, skill, creativity

Daps
:snoop:

you can't be this stupid breh, you really cant.

There are countless examples, in multiple sports where players who aren't exactly jumping off the charts with athleticism completely dominate because they're more fundamentally skilled and technically more proficient than their counterparts.

there is a lot more to sports than just being strong,running fast and jumping high

Lesser athletes than their counterparts, but elite athletes nonetheless

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
IDK bro, I just left a team USA watch even in downtown detroit and i saw alot a black folks breh....even some old heads. I work in radio and some people called in talking about the tournament saying they were converted.

We have to remember that before maybe 2010 streaming was a virtual impossibility and major networks were simply NOT going to carry the sport. But ESPN dropped that app and now niccas been watchin at work and in the car and on the train. Its gonna change the game for the better.

ABC may have effed up not nabbing the EPL rights when they had the chance. They better get La Liga rights or Bundesliga rights from al jazeera ASAP.

the thing is that has to continue after the world cup. the fact that EPL is during football season, not really covered extensively by espn, and broadcast in time slots not in line with a lot of americans really hurts the US.

i'm the only black person i know in real life that actually cares about soccer. :to:

walk into my barbershop talking about "did you see that real madrid vs. fc barcelona match? :gladbron:"

full

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
your missin my point tho....celebrities are now endorsing soccer,from rihannas tweets to troy ave wearing jerseys,it helps

lebron james buying shares in a soccer team, it will all push the sport forward in the US

I see your point, but it falls on deaf ears to their fans here....we don't view soccer as something that belongs to us.

our high profile athletes and celebrities supporting soccer teams has more to do with increasing their appeal to people outside of the USA than it does to further the progression of soccer in the US.

The most popular athlete on the planet came to MLS, and we treated him like some dude who was married to a spice girl.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
the thing is that has to continue after the world cup. the fact that EPL is during football season, not really covered extensively by espn, and broadcast in time slots not in line with a lot of americans really hurts the US.

i'm the only black person i know in real life that actually cares about soccer. :to:

walk into my barbershop talking about "did you see that real madrid vs. fc barcelona match? :gladbron:"

full

LOOOOOOOL:russ::russ::russ:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
This guy is an example of a freak athlete, watch that one documentary where they did a bunch of tests on him called "Cristiano Ronaldo Tested to the limit".

Speed, Acceleration, Agility, Strength, Power, Explosiveness. He has it all.

If he had concentrated on Basketball he would excel as a PG.

American football would be graced to have him as a RB.

No, he wouldn't.

Athletically, his numbers on that tested to the limit would have put him near the bottom of NBA PGs being drafted this year, matter of fact a kid that went undrafted had a vertical 1 foot higher than his.

A 175lbs running back, word? He would have dementia and be a paraplegic before halftime.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

walk into my barbershop talking about "did you see that real madrid vs. fc barcelona match? :gladbron:
"

full

I know that feel....but i done converted my brother and my roommate....we all play on sunday mornings with some arab cats and some jamaican cats....shyt is the highlight of my week

Daps
No one said that. What has been perpetuated by the posters that actually know the sport is that elite athleticism does not guarantee success. Again, if that were the case, the African nations would dominate, but they don't. @Liu Kang even gave you a great example in another thread about Barcelona's complete dismantling of Real Madrid in 2011, but you chose to ignore it in favor of this "Russell Westbrook would dominate" rhetoric. Elite athleticism can be neutralized tactically and with skill. That's why people that know the sport attribute the skill and technical ability the most important factors. Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, etc. are not the fastest, strongest, or tallest, but no amount of athletic skill of another player would be able to take the ball away from them.

I still don't get how people who only watch the sport every four years and never have played competitively are telling people with experience on what would win and what wouldn't. I just don't fukking get it. :mindblown:

dhMeAzK.gif

just the sheer disrespect they got for the game is just :wow:

acting like there aren't other nations outside of the U.S. that produce world-class athletes AND got a soccer culture AND still can't compete on the top level (Jamaica) :myman:

acting like a Premier League striker like Lukaku is on the same level as a Jimmy Graham going from a random athletic bball player to sum NFL Pro Bowler shyt :aicmon:

matter fact these nikkas didn't even watch the game cuz there was no super slave shyt going on when Lukaku scored. Just perfect positioning, technique and a beautiful touch:banderas:

there's no math there, no vert, no 40 yard dash. just superior futbol skill against a weak defense

like @Emperor_ReinScarf said its the culture and the system that needs changing to emphasize the technical aspects of the game.....all that other shyt means nothing till that happens