so was cloud a clone of zack...both clones of sephiroth...all made from jenova?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Jesus.

I hope I wasn't supposed to *spoiler alert* tag a scene from a 17 year old game.

Guess what? The one hot chick who's weird and doesn't have the giant t*ts gets murdered.

Spoiler alert.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very true.

A lot gets overshadowed by Aeris getting murdered.
Yeah, but it is for good reason though, aeris's death was a legit :ohhh: moment in gaming

Aeris's theme and the music thats played when she dies still makes me :to: whenever i hear it

Fucc, I need to replay this and 9 again...

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Yeah, but it is for good reason though, aeris's death was a legit :ohhh: moment in gaming

Aeris's theme and the music thats played when she dies still makes me :to: whenever i hear it

Fucc, I need to replay this and 9 again...

True.

But Dyne had survivor's guilt like a motherfukker. That's more realistic.

You're right about the game being filled with those moments though.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i guess im the only one that laughed when aeris got murked out :pachaha:..... i never used her anyway & was happy to free up a slot.....

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
This is off the FF7 wiki.

The Sephiroth-clones (セフィロス・コピー, Sefirosu Kopii?) are a group of test subjects used in the Project S portion of the Jenova Project in Final Fantasy VII. The test subjects were injected with Jenova's cells by Professor Hojo to test Jenova's ability to recall her scattered cells into a "Reunion", in what he called the "Jenova Reunion Theory". There are at least fourteen known test subjects, but Hojo rejected many as failures, leading the exact number of people mutilated by this experiment to be unknown.
In the original Japanese script, the clones are known as Sephiroth Copies. "Clone" is a misnomer; subjects were infected with Jenova cells to reproduce a similar effect to that of Sephiroth — who eventually exerts control of the subjects as his puppets — rather than being genetic copies.
Contents
[show]
StoryEdit
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow. (Skip section)

After the events of the Nibelheim Incident, Professor Hojo rounded up the survivors of Sephiroth's rampage. He injected them with Jenova cells and exposed them to Mako energy, similar, if not identical, to the creation of a SOLDIER. Those people who were not the finest in physical and mental health, and thus could not retain their personalities, became shades of Jenova. Since Jenova was a puppet of Sephiroth, the Clones also became fanatics who would do anything for their master.
Those who turned into mindless slaves were engraved with a number somewhere on their body, but those who failed and kept some shred of their ego were left to die. Cloud Strife's status, had Zack Fair not intervened and rescued him from the Shinra Manor, is debatable. Zack, also a Sephiroth Clone, was a complete failure: he was not mentally affected by the experiment due to previously being unaffected by the identical SOLDIER procedure.
The twelve successful Sephiroth Clones become the group of fanatics that follows Sephiroth around in Final Fantasy VII. The Sephiroth Clones do not migrate to Jenova as Hojo has predicted, rather, the twelve head into North Crater and hunt for the Black Materia for Sephiroth. Jenova herself breaks out of the Shinra Headquarters and moves towards Sephiroth in his form and under his complete control. Cloud is influenced by both the unconscious need for the Reunion, and his drive to avenge Nibelheim. After arriving at the North Crater, Sephiroth, using Jenova's body to shapeshift into his form, kills several of them before fighting Cloud and AVALANCHE as Jenova∙DEATH.
Only Cloud survives the journey to the North Crater, and thus becomes the only "success" of the Sephiroth Clone experiment; Cloud has his own mind and ego, but Sephiroth can still take control of him at will, although at times Cloud manages to resist Sephiroth's influence. At the North Crater, when Sephiroth reveals Cloud is a slave and claims his past is an illusion, Cloud breaks down and hands Sephiroth the Black Materia before falling into the Lifestream.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
It's saying, that Cloud and Zack are two of the "clones." But they are not literal genetic copies, they are the results of Hojo's experiments. Just like those other guys that follow Sephiroth around.

FF7 has one of the best storylines in any game ever :mindblown:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'd just add to what Koopa said that after they escaped from the Shinra Mansion, Zack told Cloud about everything that happened from his POV, while Cloud was still screwed up from Mako poisoning. This was the reason Cloud was able to basically take on Zack's persona throughout the game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lowkey, alot of the FF7 story was really fucced up.

Even the soundtrack is alot more depressing if you compare it to others

Midgars neo-favela slums :wow:
That's why it's still the goat JRPG to me. The story/character/settings are more mature and modernly relevant than any other jrpg.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just read some ish on FF7 and FFX that isn't relevant to this but I feel like sharing with fans...but basically FFX and FF7 take place in the same universe just centuries or millenia apart. In FFX-2 you meet a kid named Shinra (it's not a must, but if you talk to the right character you'll get a cut scene) who is trying to turn the planet's life force into energy. In FF7 the evil company at the heart of everything makes it's money by extracting Mako or the Lifestream of the planet. That company's name...Shinra Electric Company and it's president Shinra would be a direct descendant of the Shinra in FFX-2 (according to this theory).