So how is Kendrick as a technical rapper (Post examples)?

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
Nah, he's more like Nikki Minaj... no lyrics, just changes his voice. If thats lyricism, then he's #2 behind Nikki right now. K dot Minaj
tumblr_mrjx4b8aua1qabe6do1_400.jpg

i bet this guy posted this

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
how are you gonna reuse my joke against me you unoriginal bytch..
No you literally posted a pic of your yearbook pic... and claimed it was me. No jokes involved. nikkaz know I'm pure nikka. You on the otherhand posted your yearbook pic, and well it speaks for itself. You like like Jim Carey b.

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
No you literally posted a pic of your yearbook pic... and claimed it was me. No jokes involved. nikkaz know I'm pure nikka. You on the otherhand posted your yearbook pic, and well it speaks for itself. You like like Jim Carey b.
ehhhhhhhhhhh shet up.. corny ass jokes .. i wont even respond to you anymore i shouldnt even have came into this troll thread.. stop posting this bullshyt and get back to work at Zaxbys before i call your boss..

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
ehhhhhhhhhhh shet up.. corny ass jokes .. i wont even respond to you anymore i shouldnt even have came into this troll thread.. stop posting this bullshyt and get back to work at Zaxbys before i call your boss..
Dog, im down for jokes, I just didnt throw one at you. You took a flic of your HS yearbook and posted it... lets be real, do you have a copy of my yearbook? no. you have a copy of yours. You posted your pic, and are now ashamed.

dunkman6

All Star
Daps
Look mayne, I'm no punchline stacker Big L/Fabo typa guy, but breakin songs down into 8 line segments for the sake of making it manageable is okay. If I break down some jigga shyt on RD or Lupe shyt into 8 line segments you'll get dope shyt in those 8 lines. with naS you'll get weak ass shyt like;

"I ran and blasted a bytch like the phantom, nose
hand me a handgun and I'll defeat foes
then run to houston and i'll pelt ya
get vexed and hijack a delta
whether nikkaz listen or no airplay
I drink e&j in the stairway..." blah blah blah garbage

whether in the context of a larger song or just looking at those bars, theres nothing extraordinary about it... same with K dot Minaj

example of great lyrics...

"dear lord, have mercy on my banana clips
give em half call it that banana split
but my halfs really is like a banana 6
do these bananas have any idea who they on a planet with?
Apes. give you bananas to the grapes
that mean yo bytch gotta banana to her face
and wine on her chin..."
best post
I've never met anyone in real life who considers illmatic to be wack lyricially. If you don't like the tone of the album and prefer IWW ok, but lyrically wack? :heh:

Are you like 20 years old?
I love it when Naus stans get butthurt over someone criticizing Illmatic.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is ridiculous. Yeah I said it. Did Kendrick hurt this many feelings?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This thread is ridiculous. Yeah I said it. Did Kendrick hurt this many feelings?
My intentions for the thread was to give shine to Kendrick for the critics who doubt his lyricism.

Daps
Lyricism and technical ability are two different things in my opinion. Technical ability is basically the depth in how many ways you can form your cadence patterns. Switching up your flow cadence, using certain rhyme schemes and sound patterns, your rapping tempo (generally double time and up rappers are more technical), etc. Kendrick is an excellent technical rapper, one of the best. I think one of the best examples of his technical skill is Backseat Freestyle because he flips his flow up so many times at so many different tempos.

Lyrically, I don't feel Kendrick is very above average, at least for a rapper that is universally considered good, but he has good subject matter.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Lyricism and technical ability are two different things in my opinion. Technical ability is basically the depth in how many ways you can form your cadence patterns. Switching up your flow cadence, using certain rhyme schemes and sound patterns, your rapping tempo (generally double time and up rappers are more technical), etc. Kendrick is an excellent technical rapper, one of the best. I think one of the best examples of his technical skill is Backseat Freestyle because he flips his flow up so many times at so many different tempos.

Lyrically, I don't feel Kendrick is very above average, at least for a rapper that is universally considered good, but he has good subject matter.
I feel you, so technically speaking Twista is the best, while lyrically speaking Lupe is the best. But what if Lu can switch it up and spit like T?

Daps
Whoa whoa, I ain't say all that lol. Rapping fast is only a part of being a technical rapper, there's a lot more that goes into it. Lupe is one of the best lyrical rappers though, if he could spit like T and switch it up more... he'd be Sir E.U lol.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Whoa whoa, I ain't say all that lol. Rapping fast is only a part of being a technical rapper, there's a lot more that goes into it. Lupe is one of the best lyrical rappers though, if he could spit like T and switch it up more... he'd be Sir E.U lol.
I see, you need to be more versed in T.
But anyways thats essentially what you said, and I dap you for it cuz I agree. But the GOAT is still :pachaha:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You guys make this way more complicated then it needs to be. If you've been listening for years and you really know your shyt, you know what it sounds like when a rapper's in the pocket and blacking out. You don't gotta count the syllables and check the tempo changes! You know when a rapper's saying some shyt too.