Should I get dreads if my hairline is receding at the corners

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Bruh if you rockin' long hurr coverage on one side of your head only, you gone be outchurr lookin' like a shower curtain.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My hairline is done too breh.

To keep it a buck. I thought about growing out my hair and did. Got my hair to like 6 inches and cut it off. It can be pulled off but depending on how fast ur hair grows and how well you take care of it that awkward stage is really rough.

I keep either a low fade, which gets boring if your head shape ain't the best. Or I keep a steph curry type of cut. Faded low on the sides leave a lil on the back of my head and leave a couple inches on top.

I just style it in the morning to make it curly or I hit the sponge to get the nappy fro. Then I hit it again with the sponge to get the twists/mini dreads.

The ladies love it and it stays looking clean

How does that help? Is your hairline like this?
:
635593043210421208-USATSI-8272280.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U better get on some Jamaican Castor Oil.

I had dreads since I was 18, I'm 27 now and my hairline still sharp.

I only retwist maybe every month or so.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What are some good lowcut hairstyles for a receding hairline
My joint isn't receding but it isn't as strong as it was in elementary school.

I rock either a curly fro or low fade but the key is to comb your front hairs down to make your line seem lower than it actually is, ala Ginuwine. Kinda like baby hairs

I'm 23 and holding on for dear life:mjcry:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
:
My hairline is a Lil worse than that yes. But I'm not talking about a regular taper... more along the lines of short fro curry.

Don't have the time to find examples. But black culture gives receding hairlines a bad name. Check out white hairstyles. Plenty of white folks, especially celebrities have bad receding hairlines.

Key points are longer on top. No flat top, get that shyt rounded out and your taper on the back and sides to fit your head.
If you have a good head shape just go with low cuts. I don't have a great head shape but this cut works for me for 2 reasons.

I can leave hair under my crown and taper about half way on the back of my head which makes my head shape better. As well as allows me to do a few things to my hair.

Second thing is, since my head shape isn't the best, I work my magic with my facial hair. Keep a full beard, shorter on the sides, longer on the chin and it gives me a nice look

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I feel like dreads is the only hairstyle that can allow me to have any type of hair without looking like Lebron or James from Good Times.

help me out crehs
Nah leave dreads alone. Tired of you :flabbynsick: nikkas getting dreads with fukked up hairlines lookin like a conehead.

Leave us perfect hairline dreadhead nikkas alone:ahh:

Get a better barber too, most nikkas with receding hairlines have had backwoods country bumpkin heavy handed southern nikkas all they life cut they hair.

Ya shyt not receding you just gotta a trash barber:umad:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:
Prime example of what not to do:snoop:

Notice how it looked better when he had hair *pause*

Also, when I go to the barber I tell him to not even line up the front, keep it natural. I have clippers at home and touch it up lightly myself