Share a fact that legitimately blew your mind when you found it.

Dion Isus

Pro
Daps

Super! Some evidence that a kingdom during that time period may have existed. Still little to no mention of either king by their contemporaries (either friend or foe). Still nothing about the grand kingdom of David outside of just ONE artifact. No treaties, no edicts, no nothing. That can't be said of later, lesser known Israelite kings of that region.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Dion Isus said:
Super! Some evidence that a kingdom during that time period may have existed. Still little to no mention of either king by their contemporaries (either friend or foe). Still nothing about the grand kingdom of David outside of just ONE artifact. No treaties, no edicts, no nothing. That can't be said of later, lesser known Israelite kings of that region.

:usure:

Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

Moving the goalposts is an informal logical fallacy in which previously agreed upon standards for deciding an argument are arbitrarily changed once they have been met. This is usually done by the "losing" side of an argument in a desperate bid to save face.

:snooze:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Dion Isus said:
I'm very curious to how anything you've posted in any way contradicts my original statement

No problem. Your original statement......
Dion Isus said:
The lack of extra-biblical evidence that supported the existence of King David, Solomon, and other Bible characters was very mind blowing.​

Six official clay seals found by an archaeological team at a small site in Israel offer evidence that supports the existence of biblical kings David and Solomon.

Dion Isus

Pro
Daps
No problem. Your original statement......

From your so called "rebuttal"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/12/141216100433.htm

"The finds contribute significantly to an ongoing debate in the archaeological community about whether governments or states existed in the early Iron Ages. The artifacts hold far-reaching implications for the growing number of scholars who maintain that such political organization occurred much later than biblical texts suggest."

"The new finds provide evidence that some type of government activity was conducted there in that period."

Summary:

The archeologists have found evidence that supports that there was government activity happening during that time period. They presented no solid evidence of who was actually in charge of this said administration (foreign or domestic). No actual records from it. But ironically:

""Our dates for the bullae are based on multiple types of evidence we combined to determine a general 10th century B.C. date," Blakely said. "The style of the bullae, the types of ancient pottery found in the same contexts as the bullae, the types of Egyptian scarabs found, the style of an Egyptian amulet, and the overall stratigraphy or layering of the site each suggested a 10th century date."

For all we know, this could have been an Egyptian outpost, and there is more evidence for that (especially the ties that it had with Canaan) than the existence of the grand unified kingdom of David and Solomon, the latter of which was said to be known around the world.

Secondly, I have stated there is a LACK of extrabiblical evidence, not that no evidence exists. I feel no need to go further into explaining what that means without going remedial on you.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Dion Isus said:
For all we know, this could have been an Egyptian outpost, and there is more evidence for that (especially the ties that it had with Canaan) than the existence of the grand unified kingdom of David and Solomon, the latter of which was said to be known around the world.

:jbhmm:

1400084863723.jpg

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
That the singer of that song "Say Yes" is a female...
For years I thought it was just a dude with an on-point falsetto.
:ohhh: :martin:

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Julius Caesar first hand accounts of the Gallic Wars detailed how Europeans were comitting incest in a fashion never seen before.

Sons having kids with mothers
Father's and Son sharing aunts daughters nieces and nephews any format of Incest imaginable. Up to 10 men were sharing one girl on occasion.
The Internet Classics Archive | The Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar

Cant believe these fukks ruled the world now

Funny thing,

There is more evidence corroborating the existence of Christ than there is of events that occurred in julius caesar's gallic wars....

Dion Isus

Pro
Daps
They were Egyptian Pharaohs that's why. Ramses line.

Apparently, alot of Solomon's story MAY have came from Amenhotep III, and alot of David's story may have been based on Thutmosis I & III

Last edited:

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Astronomy is an amazing thing. For any young brehs out there if you have the chance take a class or two in college. You will literally be mind blown at how minuscule we are and terrified at how much is going out there that we will never understand or control.

any articles or websites u can point me too

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
any articles or websites u can point me too

I haven't been on it lately to suggest any, but I'm more so referencing if you have a Great Astronomy teacher (like I did) , it helps you to learn things that help you understand astronomy findings better and makes you wonder about our existence and such without having to understand it's complexities on a astrophysicist level. Interesting things for example, many astronomers note the universe is still expanding from the big bang that happen so fukking long ago. They say that eventually as the universe continues to expand in perpetuity it will cool off and no longer be able to sustain life due to inability to form chemical reactions.Causing the universe to freeze to death leaving nothing but darkness and cold, which means no matter how advanced technology and evolution of out species becomes we cannot escape this ultimate fate .

It's all quite fascinating stuff from : Galaxies eating each other, Sheer distances and size of objects and time, How like before the sun even dies it will grow hotter and hotter to the point it will boil our seas and melt mountains. Then it will expand in size enough to engulf earth.

There is literally no sound in space. Supernova explosions, asteroid collisions, storms on planets, all occur in silence to us

If we condensed the history of the universe into a 24 hour day with the Big bang occurring on the Stroke of 12:01 am , World War 2 would occur around Dec 31st 11:59:59pm.

This is all just tip of the iceberg elementary things