Shaquille O'Neal could have easily mirrored Wilt Chamberlain's #s in that era

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Shaq wasn't always out of Shape. He was one of the best athletes in his first 8 years in the league.
$%28KGrHqRHJFUFBh%29GQSEsBQcLpQRi4w~~60_35.JPG

shaq-in-his-magic-days.jpg

4344614377_5386ae589d_o.jpg

ShaqKobe.jpg

Its also well known that Bill Russell always had a much better team surrounding him. His team was filled with all-stars and hall of famers.
I know but after 04 it went all down hill pretty fast.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lies he basically put up 30 & 13 four to five times in his career. To think those era players woulda contained him is foolish

He basically has a lower career high ppg than Jerry Stackhouse.

I just don't see changes in pace and rules accounting for a 20 pt and and damn near 100% rebounding increase. Especially when you consider Wilt was in better condition. When did I suggest players would contain him? Players in his era couldn't contain him and he only managed 2 scoring titles and no rebounding titles but he's gonna go back to an era that requires better conditioning and has better interior players and double up his numbers? :usure:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
How are you gonna bring up championships when shaq had kobe and wade?

:ufdup:

Wilt played with 9 HOFers As teammates

Wilt's HOF teammates

'60 - Paul Arizen, Tom Gola
'61 - Paul Arizen, Tom Gola
'62 - Paul Arizen, Tom Gola
'63 - Tom Gola
'64 - Nate Thurmond
'65 - Nate Thurmond, Hal Greer, Chet Walker
'66 - Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Chet Walker
'67 - Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Chet Walker
'68 - Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Chet Walker
'69 - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
'70 - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
'71 - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodrich
'72 - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodrich
'73 - Jerry West, Gail Goodrich

Wilt's teammates that were All-Stars but NOT HOFers

'62 - Tom Mescherry
'63 - Guy Rodgers
'64 - Guy Rodgers
'65 - Luke Jackson

Wilt had Hall Of Fame teammates on his team every single season of his career. 12/14 seasons he had at least 2 HOF teammates.

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
:snoop:

Before 04 Shaq's points per game average was the 3rd highest in NBA History. That's a 11 year stretch. His career ppg average dropped because towards the end of his career he was basically a bench player. :beli:

edit: I read your post wrong. But how are you going to ignore FGA, FG% and usage rate? What kind of weak argument is this?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ

I just don't see changes in pace and rules accounting for a 20 pt and and damn near 100% rebounding increase. Especially when you consider Wilt was in better condition. When did I suggest players would contain him? Players in his era couldn't contain him and he only managed 2 scoring titles and no rebounding titles but he's gonna go back to an era that requires better conditioning and has better interior players and double up his numbers? :usure:

Adding the 3 pt line and the development of perimeter shooting also accounts for longer rebounds which centers often don't grab. Add in the change in tempo, and coaching philosophies which rest players when they have leads instead of running up the stats and you'll find that his rebound numbers would be a lot lower today. I read a study that said wilts numbers today would be projected to be at 14 rebounds per game in today's game. If you don't think Shaq who was 7ft plus and 300 something pounds wouldn't destroy centers effortlessly back then who were on average 6ft 7 230 pounds then you must be :troll:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Before 04 Shaq's points per game average was the 3rd highest in NBA History. That's a 11 year stretch. His career ppg average dropped because towards the end of his career he was basically a bench player. :beli:

edit: I read your post wrong. But how are you going to ignore FGA, FG% and usage rate? What kind of weak argument is this?

Not as weak as saying that Shaq would double his production in another era just because :heh:. Look at all the things being ignored to basically shyt on Wilt and exalt Shaq. Point blank Shaq didn't do anything in his era to demonstrate that he could have done what Wilt did in his era.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
he played in the best era of centers. Most of the HOF centers came out of his era.

And he beasted on Kareem
he played in the best era of centers. Most of the HOF centers came out of his era.

And he beasted on Kareem

Shaq has 100 pounds on Kareem. He would have beasted him too. :shaq: And anyone else in that era.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Not as weak as saying that Shaq would double his production in another era just because :heh:. Look at all the things being ignored to basically shyt on Wilt and exalt Shaq. Point blank Shaq didn't do anything in his era to demonstrate that he could have done what Wilt did in his era.

Wilt was undoubtedly better but his numbers are greatly exaggerated. The same with bill Russell's rebounding numbers.. :skip:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Why weren't other players averaging anywhere near the scoring totals Wilt was then?

In his 50 PPG season, only 11 players averaged over 20 PPG

:ld:

Less players in the league, less teams, no 3 pt line, and you had centers who were allowed to camp in the middle of the paint.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adding the 3 pt line and the development of perimeter shooting also accounts for longer rebounds which centers often don't grab. Add in the change in tempo, and coaching philosophies which rest players when they have leads instead of running up the stats and you'll find that his rebound numbers would be a lot lower today. I read a study that said wilts numbers today would be projected to be at 14 rebounds per game in today's game. If you don't think Shaq who was 7ft plus and 300 something pounds wouldn't destroy centers effortlessly back then who were on average 6ft 7 230 pounds then you must be :troll:

That's all nice but he NEVER led the league in rebounds in his era. For all his beasting he's got 2 scoring titles. How does this suggest he would do what Wilt did in his era? No one is saying he wouldn't beast.

Wilt was undoubtedly better but his numbers are greatly exaggerated. The same with bill Russell's rebounding numbers.. :skip:

Like Shaq's dominance? :sas2: