Shaq to Kobe: "Because I had you, I was able to chill out every summer"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1a-Shaq-Statue_AP.jpg

Yeah, Lakers fans don't celebrate Shaq at all. :camby:
That's not what I said though.
What I said is he's not as celebrated as Kobe, while being more valuable/essential to that franchise's success.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
What I said is he's not as celebrated as Kobe, while being more valuable/essential to that franchise's success.

Doesn’t this thread clue you in on why?

Laker fans knew who cared more between the two of them. Shaq gets his props like others said, but Kobe stayed and won more than Shaq after the fact. I think you’re overrating Shaq on that Laker hierarchy actually shows how little you and people of your ilk value Kobe as a player.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doesn’t this thread clue you in on why?

Laker fans knew who cared more between the two of them. Shaq gets his props like others said, but Kobe stayed and won more than Shaq after the fact. I think you’re overrating Shaq on that Laker hierarchy actually shows how little you and people of your ilk value Kobe as a player.
This is largely irrelevant, but you'd be wise to rethink this premise that Kobe somehow cared more when he demanded a trade to Chicago and literally the only reason it didn't happen was because mgmt couldn't agree to terms.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
You seem to be fighting hard to diminish the impact that Shaq's signing with LA had on the future moves and success that the Lakers were able to make and have.

So yes, I don't think you understand how foundations work.
full

Answer the question. What part of Shaq's foundation was there after 04?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Terrible trolling. :smhkobe:

I'm sure Duncan would be as beloved in San Antonio if he left after the '06 WCF and spent the next five years trashing Ginobili and Parker while hopping from team to team. :smhkobe:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is largely irrelevant, but you'd be wise to rethink this premise that Kobe somehow cared more when he demanded a trade to Chicago and literally the only reason it didn't happen was because mgmt couldn't agree to terms.

He demanded a trade because he felt that the front office was sitting on its hands while he was working his ass off. He didn’t want to end up like KG just selling jerseys and not competing.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t that little episode followed by 3 finals appearances and 2 victories? Again, your contempt and devaluation of Kobe’s NBA career doesn’t make you all that fit to talk about what Shaq meant to the Lakers in comparison to Kobe.