Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
sonic was way better than mario on snes. The music alone is timeless. SNES did have better games overall with the better street fighter joints, killer instinct, star fox, donkey kong, f zero, mario kart ect...

Sonic was trash. Genesis was made for poor folk. You had to be a true baller to experience the piff that was the SNES. I still remember paying $70 for that arcade perfect port of Super Street Fighter 2...:whew:

Had my Genesis friends HEATED over not being able to get that....:laff:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
when this came out....

Sega-Genesis-6But-Cont.jpg

then this came out shortly after....
Sega-Genesis-Mortal-Kombat-II-sega-genesis-24884708-300-396.jpg

it was a WRAP. SNES Mortal Kombat didnt even have blood, it had sweat. Soft ass. :mjpls:

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Breh, no one really fukked with sports games in the 16 bit era. It was all about platforming, RPGS, and fighting. Now in your case it may have been different but for the general public it wasn't. Console sports games sucked for the most part outside NBA Jam, techmo bowl, and arcade titles. They picked up steam in the next era with some quality football games on the PS1 but 64 sports games were atrocious. You didn't really get good, memorable sports titles until 2k came on the scene. They really forced EA to step their game up. Thats when you saw a huge spike in the interest of sports titles

Not true

I remember all my friends older brothers that were in high school only playin sports games. RPGs were more nerd shyt for older kids

Even when I was young we would play NHL, Live, baseball and Madden all the time on genesis n snes. The games were really good for the time, there are TONS of memorable sports games from that era. Every time u chilled with a homie u played sports games (damn near everyday as a youngin unless u were a loser) n u had the most epic battles in history happen in ur living room

u just don't remember wut was hot with the older kids cuz u were young. Sports franchises like madden were so big and selling so well, other franchises were trying to get at that money and making damn good games

Last edited by a moderator:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
when this came out....

Sega-Genesis-6But-Cont.jpg

then this came out shortly after....
Sega-Genesis-Mortal-Kombat-II-sega-genesis-24884708-300-396.jpg

it was a WRAP. SNES Mortal Kombat didnt even have blood, it had sweat. Soft ass. :mjpls:
And THEN SNES crushed the buildings on Sega wit the greatest port to the GOAT Mortal Kombat game...MK2...and styles on Sega for every Mortal Kombat after that...we ain't even gotta talk about SF2 series and Killer Instinct...SNES brought arcade CLASSICS over to the system damn near perfectly...

TH29

Rookie
Daps
I had both systems as a youngin, but the sega got way more burn. The snes games I had that I played the most were super mario world, f-zero, and saturday night slam masters. But I had a lot more games on the sega genesis. Had all the sonic games and played all the streets of rage and golden axe games. I used to rent a lot of games aswell. If a game came out on both I usually would play it on the genesis.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
XBOX 360 is a much better system than the Sega Genesis

here are the facts..

the XBOX 360 has better graphics, Can play DVDs, CD players, import your own music, online play, can go on youtube and facebook, ect

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Sonic was trash. Genesis was made for poor folk. You had to be a true baller to experience the piff that was the SNES. I still remember paying $70 for that arcade perfect port of Super Street Fighter 2...:whew:

:what:

The genesis version with the controller above was the preferred method to play SFII. The controller was basically built for that game and the genesis version looks and plays better

How exactly couldn't they get it :comeon:

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
As a youngin, I had temper issues. I threw that sh1t across the room and pissed on a Joe Montana football cartridge. Went back playing a hour later. :wow:

me too. i'd slam and throw the shyt outat that controller..never phased it

meanwhile ps1 controllers broke like nothing

now lets remember my favs:
Streets-of-Rage-2-1.jpg

250px-Sor3box.jpg

images
jurassicparksega.jpg

g016602t542.jpg

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:what: now I know to ignore every post you make

nikka...what the fukk are you talking about? I had super street fighter 2 on my megadrive

Super-Street-Fighter-2-Megadrive-EUR.jpg

:sitdown:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY

Because the Flash memory they would use for games would be WAY too expensive than say the flash memory you use in your cellphone or in a thumb drive. When you're playing a game and it has auto save on, the card is always being flashed, and most have a life between 10k-100k. That seems like a lot but if you do the math, you want your game cartridge to last a life time like Nintendo cartridges last right, well an SD used for games would last you about a year if you play the shyt out of the game. The Flash in solid state drives is WAY WAY WAY more reliable and is built to last longer than the other hardware, but its stupid expensive.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:what:

The genesis version with the controller above was the preferred method to play SFII. The controller was basically built for that game and the genesis version looks and plays better

Classic Game Room - SEGA vs. NINTENDO STREET FIGHTER 2 review part 1 - YouTube

How exactly couldn't they get it :comeon:

Super Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis - Opening Intro. - YouTube

Ur seriously in here implying that the Genesis version of street fighter is better than the SNES versions?...come on son...that's like me sayin the SNES version of MK1 is better than the Genesis one...Special Champion Edition was literally the ONLY great Street Fighter port on the whole system considering Sega didn't even get the original Street Fighter 2 and SSF2 was trash compared to the SNES...and this is a fact...SNES was even able to play SFA2 while PS1 and Saturn was runnin shyt...Genesis was done by then...