Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

tater

Superstar
Daps
I've actually seen GITS! I really liked it. I don't think scarjo is that good of an actress. She's hit or miss with me. She's pretty though...

I don't think this will be good, but I'll watch it (on the Internet :sas2:).

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Whitewashing aside, she's definitely found her niche playing a "human but not exactly" type of character. She plays a good self-aware object. See: Under the Skin.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I'm saying. Hollywood always trynna whitewash everything.

i don't see why they HAVE to be Asian? if they're going to transpose the story to America (again, like The Departed) then why would the actors all have to be Asian? doesn't make sense. in comparison to that Exodus movie, these are actors playing actual Egyptian people, they didn't modernise the story and set it in Chicago of the 1990's, it's SET in ancient Egypt so it's not the same thing as this. if GITS movie is still set in future Tokyo or whatever then we have a problem with SarJo being cast.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Scarlett Johanssson is a snake.
Her israeli bags of money won't stop her from burning in hell. :blessed:

Pretty though.:ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Make all the excuses you want.

He still gave them praise and they gave him praise with various Anime characters mimicking Nazi soldiers, Anime characters with German names and various weapons and such with german names as well.

Its obvious and how you cant see it is beyond me.

Stay delusional if you want lol. .

How is it the fault of the Japanese that Hitler gave them praise? Hitler also praised Spartan history and culture, should we call 300 anti-semetic too? (people did actually, and they're idiots)

And again, nearly all of Japan's tribute to Germany comes from pre-war relations because as I explained, Germany played a huge role in modernizing Japan at the end of the 19th century. It's that time period that nearly all anime/manga pay tribute to with German references.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I get what you are saying because of the overall cast...but

a movie that caked a white guy up in horrible make up to make him asian instead of having an asian actor...

a movie that caked a bunch of make up on an asian woman to make her hispanic instead of having a hispanic actress...

Kind of defeats the point of having a diverse cast where you take some of them and cake them up with make up to make them look like another race of people...

As far as Scarjo doing Ghost in a shell...yeah won't be there cause I think Ghost in a shell is the GOAT anime and nothing hollywood does will come close to the original...

I also find Scarjo to wooden and stonefaced for sci fi...I thought Lucy was...bad...under the skin was...interesting...but in both movies she was just stonefaced with one expression...

I guess it must be illegal to have Asian actors and actresses play Asian characters in movies based off cartoons and anime of Asian culture...because they white wash those things hard...for some unfortunate reasons I've had to watch the last airbender multiple times and I STILL can't find someone who looks 100% asian in the movie...

Can't wait for them to announce Robert Duvall as the puppet master Channing Tatum as Batou...

I would be willing to legit put all my coli cash on Tatum playing Batou
i hear you, but part of the allure of it was how they got those people to play so many different characters for each timeline, so i gave it a pass :manny: you got the jist of what i was saying tho

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
How is it the fault of the Japanese that Hitler gave them praise? Hitler also praised Spartan history and culture, should we call 300 anti-semetic too? (people did actually, and they're idiots)

And again, nearly all of Japan's tribute to Germany comes from pre-war relations because as I explained, Germany played a huge role in modernizing Japan at the end of the 19th century. It's that time period that nearly all anime/manga pay tribute to with German references.
I'm saying that its there. Their relations with Germany backs that up what I said as I've shown.

Their tributes to Germany is still there. It never left.

I'm not saying Anime is anti-semetic. I'm saying that the characters relate to white people visually and their relations with Germany points it to being that.

Speaking of Donald duck and by extension Walt Disney and his views... :sas2:

Last edited:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Lets hope she wears the Major's uniform.
major_motoko_kusanagi_by_kedamono_mizudori-d5ms0br.jpg
Only reason I'll watch this travesty