Rolling Stone's Year End Wrestling Awards: Dolph is Wrestler of the Year

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
With Dolph playing Bryan's underdog gimmick all year, next year right after Mania, they should recreate his day after Wrestlemania moment (but not that day) with him turning heel and winning the WWE title. Like let's say all our prayers are answered and Bryan shows up as number 30 in the rumble. He wins and wins at Mania. Then a month or so later Zigs calls him out on some "hey bro. we both overcame the man and his trying to hold us down" steeze and they bond over that. Then when the match happens later that night Zigs turns on DB and goes back to his cocky heel ways. He just works better as a heel (even though hes been great as a face this year) everything from his look to name to move set screams heel. The end result is we get another one of those deep rivalries like Rock/HHH, Austin/McMahon, Bret/Shawn with a new twist. Kinda like Venom vs Spider Man if that makes sense

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Dolph had a solid year, but nobody is going to look back on 2014 and remember it for Dolph Ziggler.

right..but they acknowledged when he was getting his ass kicked and essentially jobbing out..so im not sure it was quite that he had the best run of the year or was the hottest for the totality of the year but more-so that he filled a bunch of different roles successfully and got back over again, fairly organically.

i agree that seth probably should have won but i see their case here and i think it was a well written article. i also agree with some of their other superlatives and if not can see the argument for who they selected. they put seth down as smothered in ring potential..and im not quite sure the criteria for that but im assuming they thought the E couldve let him run solo more instead of having security/authority/run-ins etc. idk

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Only got back into wrestling recently but Ziggler has been the stand-out performer during that small time (that ladder match for the IC belt against Luke Harper deserves nothing but accolades). Add the SS match and he got a lot of momentum right now which surely helped his case.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
PPtfhFu.png

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Could have gone with Seth or Dolph (that 4th quarter push..dont even ask me how on the triple entendre, did it for him)

Reigns and D Bry were out for stretches I guess.