Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
First viewing alone, I think I still liked TFA better mostly because I liked the characters better. I'm one of the people that really liked Kylo Ren, Poe, Rey, Finn, and BB-8.:manny:

I didn't really feel much for the Rogue One squad. Their chemistry was thin, I don't remember their names, and I actively disliked one of the characters.
The only death I felt :mjcry:was from the Droid. I sort of feel like the rest of the squad should have been killed by Vader so that horror scene at the end :damn:could have been applied to the characters we actually knew. As of now, I felt more for those poor souls than I did the rest of the R1 team.

Rogue One was def a better companion piece to the original trilogy though. Really does a wonderful job of capturing the feel of the OT, paying homage and a little fanservice, while also recontexualizing the OT and making you appreciate those films even more. It even helps fix some of the problems with the OT. It may be the best prequel ever made, not counting the Godfather II.

It also has the best action of any Star Wars film, and a dynamite performance from Mads.

It def has a lot going for it, perhaps even more than TFA. I just wish I cared about the protagonist characters more than I did.

Hopefully I'll feel better about them on a rewatch.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't necessary spoilers, but this film truly made me rethink about the Rebel Alliance. We always joked about how they were technically a terrorist organization that overthrown the Galactic Empire, but from watching this film, you can UNDERSTAND Kylo Ren's perspective as to is hate towards the Rebel Alliance. Those guys weren't any better than the Galactic Empire and committed a lot of immoral or unethical acts to achieve certain missions. The line is so blurred, and despite the Death Star was technically made as an deterrent against rebellion, when you have people like Tarkin who gave no fuccks, you can understand WHY the Rebel Alliance had to play dirty as well.

That one rebel terrorist attack scene in the movie looked as if it was shot in Aleppo, Syria!

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
This isn't necessary spoilers, but this film truly made me rethink about the Rebel Alliance. We always joked about how they were technically a terrorist organization that overthrown the Galactic Empire, but from watching this film, you can UNDERSTAND Kylo Ren's perspective as to is hate towards the Rebel Alliance. Those guys weren't any better than the Galactic Empire and committed a lot of immoral or unethical acts to achieve certain missions. The line is so blurred, and despite the Death Star was technically made as an deterrent against rebellion, when you have people like Tarkin who gave no fuccks, you can understand WHY the Rebel Alliance had to play dirty as well.

That one rebel terrorist attack scene in the movie looked as if it was shot in Aleppo, Syria!
Great point. This is the first film tha truly made me rethink what i felt about the rebel alliance. I loved that it had splinter groups within the rebellion, some more extreme than others, some more trusting than others. It mirrors a lot of real life shyt.

fukk, talking about it is making me rate it higher.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

:whoa: I wouldn't go further than some elements within the Rebellion were nearly as bad as the Empire.

Madonna

Coli's Resident Tradwife
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Saw is last night. This is definitely the "Star Wars" that we were all hoping for and more IMO. Whether you loved or hated The Force Awakens, I think everyone will enjoy Rogue One.
Really brought home the fact that the real heroes of the war are often those that don't make it out.

I didn't think they would do it but they did. They ended the film with a rebel handing off the plans to the Death Star to Princess Leia. Obviously CGI but I loved the continuity. Made me want to watch A New Hope

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Btw I am a stan of his but am I the only one who thought Forrest Whitaker was terrible in this?

His character and also his performance
The way he was talking was hilarious :mjlol:

Btw when Vader showed up
and started cutting muthafukkas down at the end I was like THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT!!! HELL YEA!!!

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched it and:holy shyt....def one of the better SW movies...not gonna do spoilers, plot points, none of that, just wanted to say that....and that final act: yes!!!!!!!!!

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Movie was fire. A couple of the CGI characters were ok; the technology isn't quite there yet.