Robin Thicke Sues to Protect 'Blurred Lines' from Marvin Gaye's Family

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
The anger in this thread is hilarious.

The shyt is obviously Marvin-inspired but you can't "steal" a beat :heh: (not unless it's the exact original copy from the sound recording). You can't "steal" a style, either

It would be like Michael Jackson suing Billy Ocean for Caribbean Queen. That song obviously used a beat similar to Billie Jean, had a bassline and everything, but nearly everything else was different

Let them nikkas cook
c00n alert

police-siren-animated.gif

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
I knew this CAC wasn't right, :pacspit: he fooled you c00ns, but not me.

This is all you need to listen to to know it was stolen. The first 1/2 is Blurred Line over Give It Up instrumental, 2nd 1/2 is Marvin Vocals over Blurred Lines beat.

Dirty CACs pay the estate :pacspit:

You c00ns allow these CACs into our genre and let them steal everything, and still support them. :pacspit:

:mindblown: THEY'RE IN THE SAME MUSICAL KEY AND AT THE SAME TEMPO. #Newnikkas SMH. BLURRED LINES IS BETTER AND ORIGINAL.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The anger in this thread is hilarious.

The shyt is obviously Marvin-inspired but you can't "steal" a beat :heh: (not unless it's the exact original copy from the sound recording). You can't "steal" a style, either

It would be like Michael Jackson suing Billy Ocean for Caribbean Queen. That song obviously used a beat similar to Billie Jean, had a bassline and everything, but nearly everything else was different

Let them nikkas cook
nikkas in here hatin on robin thicce cuz he white,

but turn around n bump the chronic all day :heh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I've never given this cac a pass. This dude stole a beautiful sister and niccas actually *supported* him because of it, ridiculous.

Now he's suing MARVIN GAYE of all people....one of our all time great artist. This cac, suing him for stealing HIS song...KNOWING the history of white artist stealing from black musicians. I hope that he is called out publically for this shyt. Dude wants to talk about his daughter being black in magazine interviews...lets hear what he would tell his daughter when she ask him about why he stole from Marvin Gaye.

Regardless of how similar the songs sound...it's the AUDACITY to preemptively sue MG's estate that has me riled up.

And don't even get me started on the Blurred Lines video. And how only white men can be shown doing that kind of mess and be given a fukking TELEVISION COMMERCIAL based on the fukking misogynistic video. It's a fukking joke. Modeling agencies wouldn't even supply the models if a black dude tried to pull that off.

Oh my God I love u lol :dwillhuh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Robin Thicke is a sick fukk anyway when people pressed him about this song sounding like it's about rape he basically said that was the point he wanted it to be misogynistic and rapey and just terrible to women (since apparently he's not that way in real life).

I will never support blue eyed soul especially since they're making money off music that isn't their's and taking a spot from a way more talented black person.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
The nerve of this no talent thief. Blurred Lines is garbo too. Dude is feeling too comfortable, i'm sure half of y'all will cape for him.

:camby:
He clearly stated that the song is inspired by Marvin. Its not like he nor Pharell hid it. It isn't a direct sample. Furthermore, the Gaye family (who were planning on suing first btw) does NOT have the rights to the song anyway so essentially they have no legal leg to stand on.

Timberturd wishes Blurred Lines was his song :to: Robin was doing R&B from the beginning, unlike Justin.

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
but hasn't pharrell been in the biz long enough to get his samples cleared. i mean he gave chuck brown bustin loose credit for nelly's hot in here. so it doesnt add up that he wouldn't get a sample cleared from the great marvin.