Right gimmick, wrong wrestler

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Swagger was doing alright as a goofy varsity athlete and when he won the WHC, they just dropped all that and made him serious

American Alpha could work as goofy varsity athletes that make inappropriate jokes, hit on chicks, and pull pranks
I'm 100% for a varsity club revival with alpha and ziggler and maybe even benjamin

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I know people wanted the Mordecai/Taker feud for the vignettes and promo possibilities but you gotta remember the wrestler himself, fukkin Kevin Thorn, he sucked. He was horrible in the revived ECW also.

This. Kevin Thorn was a basic bare bones ass wrestler and personality in general (though I feel like his initial ECW gimmick could have really been something). Plus, as Mordecai, he straight up looked stupid in that attire. There was no way to take him serious.

Going back to Kevin Thron, in vintage WWE booking, they took away everything that made him appealing....
1419710872-kevin-thorne.jpg

ECW-Digital-2006-shelly-martinez-35128186-456-352.jpg

latest

thorn0220.jpg

.......and turned him in to...whatever this was. He basically became a CAW.
12.jpg

013.jpg

Kevin1.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
This. Kevin Thorn was a basic bare bones ass wrestler and personality in general (though I feel like his initial ECW gimmick could have really been something). Plus, as Mordecai, he straight up looked stupid in that attire. There was no way to take him serious.

Going back to Kevin Thron, in vintage WWE booking, they took away everything that made him appealing....
1419710872-kevin-thorne.jpg

ECW-Digital-2006-shelly-martinez-35128186-456-352.jpg

latest

thorn0220.jpg

.......and turned him in to...whatever this was. He basically became a CAW.
12.jpg

013.jpg

Kevin1.jpg
I marked for ariel back then, not so much shelly Martinez today, the one who screamed mid match about her vag

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation

I don't necessarily think O'Haire was the wrong guy for it, he just failed to go anywhere with it. Whether it was because he couldn't deliver it without laughing during live promos which was the dirt sheet scoop at that time or whatever else, it never went anywhere and he ended up Piper's lackey.

Who I think could've been perfect for it at the time was actually the guy in the OP, William Regal. It wouldn't have been much of a stretch from who he's really always been, and from a promo standpoint it would've been delivered way better. Its not like he was doing much at this time outside of meandering in the RAW tag scene before getting sick from a tour of India.

I believe O'Hare's gimmick could have been also apart of Bray Wyatt's gimmick as well. Instead of mumbo jumbo eater of worlds jibberish Bray always speaks he could have been an supernatural entity that speaks nothing but the truth, point out "plot holes" in certain wrestling storylines and point out all of the flaws that are in the WWE... Bray should have been the wrestling version of Al Pacino from the movie "Devil's Advocate" who is a tweener that is only loyal to his crew.

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
TJ Perkins does not fit his character. His character is swagged out, but he is obviously swaggerless. Not sure which of the cruiserweights would be better with it.
Thats perkins just being himself though.

Edit. I never heard that wrestling yoda shyt though :francis:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Baelor's Demon steez because homie is a legit cruiserweight. :manny:

He is over, but it would have been better served on someone bigger. :ehh:

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
I believe Raven was still in the E when they did the Devil's Advocate stuff

Loki could've made the tough guy who wears pink with two hot girls thing work
Too bad he has a fukked up attitude

Not really a gimmick but it should've been Matt Hardy who attacked Edge not Albert

Jake Roberts, HBK, anyone would've been better as the higher power

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
th

great gimmick, wrestler was garbage
lost.oppurtunity on merchandise

should be revived with 205 live and be given to Tony Neese

t

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i'm probably reachin but I would love to see Hideo Itami get a Jackie Chan (i know...the Japanese and Chinese thing :troll:) "I don't want no trahboo" gimmick. A guy who's on that goofy sort of nerdy goodie two shoes thing but kind of an ass kicker gimmick when push comes to shove.