Recession hits ESPN, firing hundreds of employees

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
If you want highlights and ESPN is showing something besides sportscenter then it's the best option.

nope. i used to be on the espn news train and even that is derailing. less and less highlights and the highlights they do show are like 20 seconds each, which is pathetic.

everything is going downhill.

the only time i tune in to espn these days is playoff basketball or some kinda soccer they show.

espn is becoming TMZ Sports and it's pathetic that people tune in to this.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not all true. The Spurs played the Nets in '03, the first season it went back to ABC/ESPN.

NBC had their hated reporters also (Vecey, Gray,Jayson Williams) but the network produced a better overall product than what ESPN is doing . I can't even watch any pregame/halftime show coverage they do cause its beyond :gag: now.

Plus NBC had the piff pregame promos :lawd:

1993 NBA Finals game 6 NBC intro - YouTube
Bulls vs Sonics (Game 1)-1996 NBA Finals (NBA on NBC) - YouTube

Yeah, but again, you are referencing stuff from a better time in the NBA, talentwise. The Bulls, Rockets era was when it was at it's height in the 90's. Jordan, Hakeem, Malone, Kemp, Barrkley, Shaq, Admiral, Stockton, Hardaway, etc.

It was never as great during the early 00's when the NBA had a lull and the NBA on NBC reflected that. The only good moment on NBC after the Jordan era was Lakers-Kings in 2002.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
this where ESPN be going wrong too.. why is buttaface Linda Cohn still working?

Linda-Cohn-Feet-210700.jpg

:lupe:

She looks like Frankenstein :huhldup: She better thank God she's American, no self-respecting Latino TV station would have ever put that bish on camera :heh:

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
This is about greed.

The company as a whole is making money hand over fist.

Some of the shyt my boss used to tell me about the kind of money Disney makes compared to how much they paid us made me sick.

Not one person that lost their job today had too ... not one.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
She looks like Frankenstein :huhldup: She better thank God she's American, no self-respecting Latino TV station would have ever put that bish on camera heh:

twenty years younger, required to be a model and have ridiculous measurements while wearing revealing clothes

meanwhile you got white folk going crazy over someone like her :heh:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ESPN.COM.

Does Fox sports have rights to games?

If they don't the they won't be here for long

fox sports got baseball/basketball teams games rights
they got college football, basketball, baseball

racing plus they got the NFL

edit:
Fox Sports contracts
MLB
NASCAR
NFL
Pac-12 Sports
Big 12 football
UFC
C-USA Sports

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their laying people off, but they just hired Paul fukkin Finebaum. It's going to really suck hearing him ride Alabama dikk and the entire nuts of the SEC.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
fox sports got baseball/basketball teams games rights
they got college football, basketball, baseball

racing plus they got the NFL

edit:
Fox Sports contracts
MLB
NASCAR
NFL
Pac-12 Sports
Big 12 football
UFC
C-USA Sports

Fox Sport one?

Fox channel isn't competing with ESPN.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Fox Sport one?

Fox channel isn't competing with ESPN.

I dont think fans really care what station they watch.

Sure ESPN has been the leader, but how many people now watch the ESPN NFL pre-game shows when the NFL Network show is on the at the same time?

Their laying people off, but they just hired Paul fukkin Finebaum. It's going to really suck hearing him ride Alabama dikk and the entire nuts of the SEC.

Are you serious?

When I listen to XM radio during the college football season, I hear this guys show every evening and his callers are all straight hicks.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Not all true. The Spurs played the Nets in '03, the first season it went back to ABC/ESPN.

NBC had their hated reporters also (Vecey, Gray,Jayson Williams) but the network produced a better overall product than what ESPN is doing . I can't even watch any pregame/halftime show coverage they do cause its beyond :gag: now.

Plus NBC had the piff pregame promos :lawd:

1993 NBA Finals game 6 NBC intro - YouTube
Bulls vs Sonics (Game 1)-1996 NBA Finals (NBA on NBC) - YouTube

Yep, NBA Showtime was a decent pregame/halftime show despite Vecesy they always did a good job talking about storylines and matchups, sure the only problem was the Jordan obession, but let's not act like CBS would've not done the same thing if they had kept the NBA TV rights:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LMf9ZOehc"]1997 NBA NBC Bulls Knicks Rivalry Jordan Van Gundy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Gu_1c1ZZs"]NBA on NBC Seinfeld Showtime Intro from 1997 - YouTube[/ame]