Ray Donovan - Season 5 (8/6/17/Official Thread)

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I can respect the character development they're going for by taking away the Donovan matriarch but the flashbacks made the last episode hard to follow. It's clearly not the same level of television but this happened with that TNT show Legends...a whole season of flashing back slows down the pace. I think if Abby's death isn't revealed by episode 4, or 5 at the latest, this season will be a step down from previous ones.

I don't know how many seasons are left but I think the writers are squandering the family's past in Boston. They should have a lot more enemies/fukkery with a plot that places Ray back in Boston for a good half a season unless they're implying he or Mick had killed off all their problem people before leaving.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think Mick is done being a criminal but his movie aspirations gonna call for some fukkery-driven favors.

I don't need to see mick murking anyone. I'll take his fukkery anyway I can get it. and with bunch being married and the same for terry, I would assume darryl would continue being his wingman along for the ride as in seasons past.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
abby getting mroe time dead than she did alive

i actually ff through alot of this episode

and sadly

TVLINE | So by killing Abby, she can reach her true potential?
One hundred percent. And because of the non-linear way the story is structured, she is the lead this year in many ways. She and Ray share that.

TVLINE | So Paula will remain a big part of the show throughout the season? She remains a series regular and not a recurring guest star?
That’s right. She is absolutely integral to the show this year.

TVLINE | Are you intentionally creating an air of mystery surrounding the circumstances of her death? At first I assumed her cancer had returned, but then she was in that car accident with Ray, which she appeared to walk away from…
There’s mystery in the sense of us telling the story in a non-linear way. It’s not so much a sleight of hand, it’s more of us saying to the audience, “There’s a much bigger story here than you think.” And we’re spending a lot of time this season devoted to it.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I don't need to see mick murking anyone. I'll take his fukkery anyway I can get it. and with bunch being married and the same for terry, I would assume darryl would continue being his wingman along for the ride as in seasons past.
Being married ain't gonna stop them from riding along for the BS if they choose :skip:

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The flash backs are a good change of pace from the other seasons. I'd imagine it goes on majority of the season but not the bulk of episodes like this last.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why kill her off if she's still around in flashbacks? That's what I hated about The Sopranos with their fukkin dream episodes.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Why kill her off if she's still around in flashbacks? That's what I hated about The Sopranos with their fukkin dream episodes.

nah chill, the dream sequences are some of the best parts of the Sopranos and two of the best episodes feature them heavily (Funhouse & The Test Dream)

I do agree that this is weighing the show down a bit but I do appreciate trying something new and exploring Ray's character more.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
The whole scene with the whore that stole terry, bunch and ray's mother's ring from terry had me weak. She was like anything for my master, i like it hard:shaq: when ray started tying her up. My safe word is anal:sas1:. Abby with the :mjgrin: sitting the bed. Troll game on 1000 from the time the whore opened the door, where u get that outfit, party city? :troll:

Ray got to choking the shyt outta her looking for that ring she :sadcam: trying to play that tough guy role. :birdman: no, ion know what you're talking about.

Abby pulled out that hair gone and threatened taking her shyt off she was like :whoa::damn:

"It is in the midol! "

:mjlol: