Raising Dion: Comic book about Single mother raising a superpowered kid

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Reading the first issue and.. she's kinda a bytch. I don't like her "attitude". Like the Asian guy tried too hard to make her "authentic". She's telling how her and the father met and every line from her is a snazzy border-line rude comeback.

Are you an avid comic reader? I've honestly tried but the dialogue is generally awful to me.

One of the only comics I've read all the way through, Y: The Last Man, is annoying as hell with regards to the dialogue given to the main black character in the series. And women in general. Some parts just had me go wtf.

It's all coming back to the creators of these characters not knowing exactly how they would act.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Dennis-Headshot-Fixed-1-4.jpg

Dennis Liu
Writer/Director

profile_pic_2_adjusted_web.png

Jason Piperberg
Illustrator

:mjpls:

:pacspit:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Yall fukkers wont read or support anything black owned as it is, SO WHY THE fukk YALL SUPPORTING AND BRINGING ATTENTION A ASIAN OWNED comic THAT IS STEREOTYPING OUR SHANNIGANS THAT NO OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE WOULD TOLERATE?!?

nikkas should be fukking embarrassed, not amazed at this stupid b*stard concept, idgaf if she is widowed. :pacspit:

There are TONS of black created, black owned comic books out their, not some black faced fukktard, ass-backwards shytstorms thats big ups white men and it relations with bw: it takes a wm to raise a gifted child, foh :camby:

Oh btw op loves asian men, if yall cant see yall being duped then yall nikkas are fukking lost. :pacspit: :pacspit:
Breh what are you talking about?:why:

@CinnaSlim and everybody else went :camby: on this comic as soon as those pics of the asian and cac were posted.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Personally I think that we need to tell our stories from our perspective.

I have a webcomic that I could use everyone's support here on, if you're interested. It's about a black, alpha-male protagonist...that aesthetic that Hollywood loves to avoid:comeon:. Please check it out for free in my sig below if you haven't already.

After this story arc is finished, I plan to do a trade with bonus stories and artwork:
Early concept art:
3428fc3f-428b-40da-8d4b-3c58475eeec7_zps29af5rlx.jpg

I could certainly use more black readers/subscribers:francis:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Are you an avid comic reader? I've honestly tried but the dialogue is generally awful to me.

One of the only comics I've read all the way through, Y: The Last Man, is annoying as hell with regards to the dialogue given to the main black character in the series. And women in general. Some parts just had me go wtf.

It's all coming back to the creators of these characters not knowing exactly how they would act.
I've read comics as a kid, manga as an adolescent. I mostly read books.

My grandparents had a basement full of comic books and records that they used to buy and sell plus I've been to forbidden planet in NYC. Honestly, the main comics I used to read were Spider-Man and X-Men. I think I had a couple Spawn issues too. I used to sneak in my brothers room and read their comics.

I'd also read webcomics because they were free.

But yeah, men usually suck at writing dialogue for women and I'm sure it's vice versa.

Johnny Joestar

oraoraoraoraoraora
Daps
Reppin
USA
nikkas in here talking about WE like every black person feels the same way about this shyt :snoop:

it's a comic about black characters in a positive light

how many of those are around right now? :sas1:

it's okay ill wait :sas2:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Personally I think that we need to tell our stories from our perspective.

I have a webcomic that I could use everyone's support here on, if you're interested. It's about a black, alpha-male protagonist...that aesthetic that Hollywood loves to avoid:comeon:. Please check it out for free in my sig below if you haven't already.

After this story arc is finished, I plan to do a trade with bonus stories and artwork:
Early concept art:
3428fc3f-428b-40da-8d4b-3c58475eeec7_zps29af5rlx.jpg

I could certainly use more black readers/subscribers:francis:

Bookmarked. shyt gotta subscribe to comic fury first... oh well, it'll be worth it.

:salute:

I can definitely get behind this more than some bytch or a$$hole asking for votes for money.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Bookmarked. shyt gotta subscribe to comic fury first... oh well, it'll be worth it.

:salute:

I can definitely get behind this more than some bytch or a$$hole asking for votes for money.
I appreciate that, breh.
Although I'd love to see a profit from this one day, it was a moral imperative that I do this trying to give readers, particularly black readers, something they might identify with a little more.
Rather than bytch about someone else doing for us, I just took matters into my own hands and hope others appreciate my efforts.
:manny:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I've read comics as a kid, manga as an adolescent. I mostly read books.

My grandparents had a basement full of comic books and records that they used to buy and sell plus I've been to forbidden planet in NYC. Honestly, the main comics I used to read were Spider-Man and X-Men. I think I had a couple Spawn issues too. I used to sneak in my brothers room and read their comics.

I'd also read webcomics because they were free.

But yeah, men usually suck at writing dialogue for women and I'm sure it's vice versa.

I've been meaning to buy more. I think it's moreso the culture of comic writers and how comics were handled. Lotta shyt couldn't be written about for a long ass time so when shyt lightened up they went all the way left with it. People soak it in though. Don't really get it but dialogue is the first thing I have to be sold on after I crack it open.

The only other one that I've read through is Preacher and that still holds as the standard for me. You should give that a go. Unless you're religious then you might give it a :camby: