Pusha T Says Biggie Is the Greatest Rapper Ever

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Big was called the greatest and King whilst still alive and told straight to his face how dope he was by other rappers..not after he died.
There's a an old clip of Q-tip with a bunch of kids in a park, and he goes "is Biggie Smalls the illest?" and they say " yeaahh"..

'Lando

"My team in the marine-blue, Six Coupe"
Daps
Reppin
SSC :troll:
Big was called the greatest and King whilst still alive and told straight to his face how dope he was by other rappers..not after he died.
There's a an old clip of Q-tip with a bunch of kids in a park, and he goes "is Biggie Smalls the illest?" and they say " yeaahh"..
thats the difference between pac and big. i know nikkas aint gon like this and theyll get mad but the difference is, biggie was considered an elite mc whilst still alive while pac's death is what made pac a legend RAPPING wise. theres no disputing pac was a legend for what he did. that is true but the dude wasnt an elite mc. i just cant confidently say that he was. sure he sold 5 million (but it was a double album) out the gate with all eyez but that was the type of numbers dudes were seeing on death row anyways. now biggie on the other hand, his death was just the death of a legend and great rapper from the get go and people are now starting to get over it. thats why some places you see people talking or implying bigs legend died out or is dying out. no, what it really means is that he is solidified so much as one of the greatest that theres no use in talking about it much anymore because its done been talked and gone over so much. its like elvis or kurt cobain. people dont discuss them being one of the kings anymore ...they just are. pacs legend (rapper wise) grows because his death made his image explode for centuries to come ...because a young good looking person (who is also an activist) dying is a more hot topic than a great fat ugly rapper is. (for many at least)

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
thats the difference between pac and big. i know nikkas aint gon like this and theyll get mad but the difference is, biggie was considered an elite mc whilst still alive while pac's death is what made pac a legend RAPPING wise. theres no disputing pac was a legend for what he did. that is true but the dude wasnt an elite mc. i just cant confidently say that he is. sure he sold 5 million (but it was a double album) out the gate with all eyez but that was the type of numbers dudes were seeing on death row anyways. now biggie on the other hand, his death was just the death of a legend and great rapper from the get go and people are now starting to get over it. thats why some places you see people talking or implying bigs legend died out or is dying out. no, what it really means is that he is solidified so much as one of the greatest that theres no use in talking about it much anymore because its done been talked and gone over so much. its like elvis or kurt cobain. people dont discuss them being one of the kings anymore ...they just are. pacs legend (rapper wise) grows because his death made his image explode for centuries to come ...because a young good looking person dying is a more hot topic than a great fat ugly rapper is. (for many at least)

You also have to also look into the dynamics of how Big and Pac got in the game. Big rhymed his way in the door by winning Unsigned Hype etc, Pac started off as a dancer for Digital Underground and then got put on, his whole act was about being hype. Boy of mine huge Pac fan, was playing some Pac track I dont know in his car and I chuckled to myself how predictable and bland the lyrics were..'my boy died, so I cried, now Im going to ride' type shyt.

People need to think back to '94 '95 '96 if they are :flabbynsick: enough to recall those days well and weren't 5 years old. Pac was only described as 'controversial' in the Black hip hop media (which was hugely respected at the time), look it up. There is no instance of Pac being considered , thought of or mentioned as a Top 10 rapper, or being held in the same esteem and regard as Kane, Ra, Rap, Nas etc..his name was never part of that particular conversation, it was all about, 'I wonder what crazy stunt Pac will pull next, maybe he'll blow up a cop shop'..never about 'yo rewind that line again, how did he come up with that'!!

Pac ensured his legacy by attaching himself to the one true legend of the day by insulting him. Now you all cant mention one without mentioning the other.

'Lando

"My team in the marine-blue, Six Coupe"
Daps
Reppin
SSC :troll:
You also have to also look into the dynamics of how Big and Pac got in the game. Big rhymed his way in the door by winning Unsigned Hype etc, Pac started off as a dancer for Digital Underground and then got put on, his whole act was about being hype. Boy of mine huge Pac fan, was playing some Pac track I dont know in his car and I chuckled to myself how predictable and bland the lyrics were..'my boy died, so I cried, now Im going to ride' type shyt.

People need to think back to '94 '95 '96 if they are :flabbynsick: enough to recall those days well and weren't 5 years old. Pac was only described as 'controversial' in the Black hip hop media (which was hugely respected at the time), look it up. There is no instance of Pac being considered , thought of or mentioned as a Top 10 rapper, or being held in the same esteem and regard as Kane, Ra, Rap, Nas etc..his name was never part of that particular conversation, it was all about, 'I wonder what crazy stunt Pac will pull next, maybe he'll blow up a cop shop'..never about 'yo rewind that line again, how did he come up with that'!!

Pac ensured his legacy by attaching himself to the one true legend of the day by insulting him. Now you all cant mention one without mentioning the other.
yup exactly :obama:...couldnt have said it better myself

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It's his opinion....I don't see why anyone would be mad

It was the common opinion of many of Big's rapping peers, not just Pusha..I'm still waiting on someone to provide evidence of rappers speaking on how technically great and unique Pac was on the mic, not his antics..

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
Nas, Pac and Big are in my top 3 for a reason

I pretty much agree with everything Push said regarding Big

but I could never get into Hell Hath No Fury

but not because of the lyrics, they were on point, I just hated Pharrel's production outside of his singles

Dude just sucks at making album cuts, he fukked up that one Common album too with that shyt

Pharrell is overrated as fuk imo

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
don't agree? tell ya fav rapper keep his lyrics out dey mouth den.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, that's his opinion.

His opinion is just wrong :manny:

dead wrong, :ohhh:. i love when people in general highlight average ass lyrics and break them down like "the intricacies......the dualities".. nikka shut the fukk up, them bars light. push still my boy tho

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
It was the common opinion of many of Big's rapping peers, not just Pusha..I'm still waiting on someone to provide evidence of rappers speaking on how technically great and unique Pac was on the mic, not his antics..
Biggie said:
Tupac: Pac get busy. People can’t take nothing from him. On the lyrics he
get busy, straight up. That nikka got some hard shyt dog for real, and
it’s like the sad thing about it. When he started working on his new album
he’s got now, Out on Bail, (retitled and released as Me Against The World)
he had so many raw east coast producers and shyt. The shyt was sounding
real tight ’cause everybody always says Pac had lyrics but his beats was
back. He was up in New York when he was working on Above the Rim shyt and
he was working on his album at the same time. I put him on to Mo Bee. I
put him on to L.G. He has Action, Special Ed’s DJ, he had some hard shyt.
(HE) went back to the west and just started getting back into that other ****.