Purge 3: Election year (Official Thread)

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
MV5BMjQyMDE4NDMyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzE1MjYyOTE@._V1_.jpg
@Wild self she like 25 bruh

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
2nd one made me hype for this film but it was kinda of a disappointment. They should have used this film as the uprising from poor people that would have lead into the political film, which was this

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Just saw this with my girl earlier. Def the worst of the 3. Lots of pointless jump scares in a movie that shouldnt even need them. The dialogue was pure ass. Bubba Gump fukkin says "good night bleu cheese" multiple times :dahell:.

Not to mention his fried chicken line and the whole "i like black people..but i wont let you kill these white people" :snoop:

Best part of the movie was the payoff for all that candy bar shyt :wow: :demonic:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was my first Purge. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. I couldn't get past the stupid premise. Why did New Founding Fathers use a sniper squad to take people out, why not just bomb the senator's home? Eliminate the problem immediately. Matter of fact, what stops people from bombing the feds, banks, and any large landmark? Poisoning the water system and killing people en masse? Could someone plan for the purge ahead of time and have bombs and kills set to go for Purge day, and if so would that still exempt them from prosecution?

And why would the US government ever sanction this anyway? If all crime is legal, wouldn't that prove to be a bureaucratic nightmare for white collar crime? Does this mean pedophiles and rapists can rape children and everyone else one day a year, and if that's so, what happens with the fallout when people have to live with these creeps the other 364 days? I just need more information in order to really get into it. World-building, especially with a plot this crazy, is very important towards making the story credible and characters' actions plausible.

Anyway, aside from that, the teen killer queens were corny and chewing up all of the scenery, especially the lead one. The director's job is to reign that shyt in so it doesn't ruin the movie. "I want my candy bar!" We were cracking up, and I don't think that's what they were going for.

It's something to catch on the horror channel for shyts and giggles, but don't pay money for it. Two thumbs down.

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
This was my first Purge. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. I couldn't get past the stupid premise. Why did New Founding Fathers use a sniper squad to take people out, why not just bomb the senator's home? Eliminate the problem immediately. Matter of fact, what stops people from bombing the feds, banks, and any large landmark? Poisoning the water system and killing people en masse? Could someone plan for the purge ahead of time and have bombs and kills set to go for Purge day, and if so would that still exempt them from prosecution?

And why would the US government ever sanction this anyway? If all crime is legal, wouldn't that prove to be a bureaucratic nightmare for white collar crime? Does this mean pedophiles and rapists can rape children and everyone else one day a year, and if that's so, what happens with the fallout when people have to live with these creeps the other 364 days? I just need more information in order to really to it. World-building, especially with a plot this crazy, is very important towards making the story credible and characters' actions plausible.

Anyway, aside from that, the teen killer queens were corny and chewing up all of the scenery, especially the lead one. The director's job is to reign that shyt in so it doesn't ruin the movie. "I want my candy bar!" We were cracking up, and I don't think that's what they were going for.

It's something to catch on the horror channel for shyts and giggles, but don't pay money for it. Two thumbs down.

The second purge movie answers all your questions. You can skip the first one, but do check out the second

But why do they have the purge?

Ethnic cleaning. Particularly the poor and minority population

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Very underwhelming. The purge participants are unrealistic, I mean a car covered in lights with no bullet proof features? smh

Why was there a truck making an announcement to pick up bodies during the purge?

Why didn't the store keepers murk the bytches while on the roof?

Like many of you said, ditch the koon humor

so far, 2nd, 3rd,1st is the order for the better purge movies
It's disappointing that this franchise hasn't delivered on such a great concept

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
watched it a lil while ago....it wasnt better than the 2nd one but it was solid and still better than the first. Idk if it was a different director or what but u could tell the budget was small more in this one than the 2nd one imo....my dude grillo was still da gawd in this shyt tho and the deli man (:mjlol:) although funny at times and c00nish at others was still pretty decent too (which he always is in movies)....that candy bar chick tho :laff: i woulda blew her away as soon as she showed up :manny:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Loool ^

But yea, went in with some expectations after being surprised by the last one. My mistake