PS4 Pro High Res Games Media(Videos/Images) Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
if you're looking at the images at 100%, you're seeing a pixel for pixel representation of how it would look at 4K. it just won't be able to fit the whole image on your screen, plus a 4K screen would have higher pixel density. if you're scaling the 4K image to a lesser resolution, you get the same benefits as downsampling (brute force AA)
I'm looking at all of them on the browser on my phone :dwillhuh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Paragon

This is 1080P upgraded gfx
Bottom PS4 PRO
5abhqwn.png

5b8aqea.png
Both of the images say "Displayed 4K images are upscaled from PS4 Pro"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both of the images say "Displayed 4K images are upscaled from PS4 Pro"
I know. That's a 1080P game upscaled to 4K from a PS4 Pro.

That's one of the existing PS4 games showing how it'll look in 1080P mode(with the extra bells and whistles). Tomb Raider will have a 1080P/30fps Max graphics settings mode/1080p/60fps mode and *4K/30fps.

That's different from other games that will be rendered much higher resolution(I've heard 1800P or closer) and then upscaled. Devs will use custom rendering techniques to display on 4K. This is not just upscaled to 4K from base 1080P. Upscale is basically plugging in your PS4 into a 4KTV and calling it a day.

man at this point, it's just up to dudes to see it in person, in 4K/HDR to see what it looks like.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Upscale is basically plugging in your PS4 into a 4KTV and calling it a day

That isn't the only way you can upscale. Declaring it as such was your problem in the other thread despite me pointing that out and you disagreeing. it is a simpler form and your TV and console can do it, but it isn't the only technique that qualifies as "upscale".

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That isn't the only way you can upscale. Declaring it as such was your problem in the other thread despite me pointing that out and you disagreeing. it is a simpler form and your TV and console can do it, but it isn't the only technique that qualifies as "upscale".
Yeah in that sense I agree. I think the word "upscale" has become a "bad" word and people just assume it's the same thing despite being done completely differently especially with the PS4 having some sort of extra thing in the hardware to do it.

I stressed it's not simply "upscaling" to make a distinction. The line of thinking is "oh my 4K tv can upscale so I don't need a Pro" or something isn't helpful.

It's like if someone associated Anti-Aliasing with FXAA and thus associated anything else such as SSAA as "oh it's just AA same thing".

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yeah in that sense I agree. I think the word "upscale" has become a "bad" word and people just assume it's the same thing despite being done completely differently especially with the PS4 having some sort of extra thing in the hardware to do it.

I stressed it's not simply "upscaling" to make a distinction. The line of thinking is "oh my 4K tv can upscale so I don't need a Pro" or something isn't helpful.

It's like if someone associated Anti-Aliasing with FXAA and thus associated anything else such as SSAA as "oh it's just AA same thing".

Though it is the same thing I'm not saying all upscaling is the same, just like the good example of not all AA is the same type of AA going on.

MSAA is AA, just not super basic like FXAA. What R6 does upscaling, just not basic like the television upscalers do.

MAYBE that'll clear it up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got home and looked at the Tomb Raider pics.

Looks indistinguishable.
Hell, Uncharted 4 looks better on a regular PS4.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i really gotta ask..............

does anyone care at this point?

the install base for 4k tv's is supposed to reach 10% by the end of 2018.... 10 motherfukking percent

so you want me to go blow 400 plus another 1000 for a top quality tv.... in order to see some extra dots on a bytch face when i zoom in on a video game :patrice:

this shyt getting out of control... i just bought a 65 inch tv 3 years ago and i already need to get another to see some extra dimples in the face.... nah :camby: