Protest against the Israel genocide continues to spread after the Columbia University arrest (NYU, U Michigan, Yale, The New School, etc)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

A new report has found that 99 percent of pro-Palestine protests at US colleges have been peaceful, despite remarks from President Joe Biden characterising such demonstrations as violent and ex-American leader Donald Trump and his fellow Republicans supporting police crackdown on students and scholars.

"While some notable violent clashes have recently taken place, such as on the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) campus, where demonstrators and counter-demonstrators fought at a student encampment overnight on 30 April, the overwhelming majority of student protests since October — 99% — have remained peaceful," data from Armed Conflict Location & Event Data [ACLED] revealed.

ACLED report showed that student-led pro-Palestine demonstrations in the US — dubbed "Student Spring" — have almost tripled from April 1 to 26, surpassing the total for the entire month of March 2024.

"The arrest of more than 100 students at Columbia University in New York around 18 April heralded a new wave of campus demonstrations," said ACLED, a credible source of real-time data on political violence and protest activity around the world.

Smalley Biggs

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The southern Baptists embrace them because they think it will lead to Armageddon. Something that needs to be talked about. Some Chriatians see this as a path to end times and Jesus's return.
I'm sure there's some Christians that support Israel for that reason but I think the majority support Israel because they view arab/muslim people as savages that need to be contained and oppressed. Wouldn't matter if it was in Israel or any other place in the world. Those same people would support fire bombing Christian black churches if we were living in the 60's.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I actually think modern protesting is ineffective but your post shows you don’t understand what protesting is supposed to do and what it’s done through history. You dressed it in concern trolling, so props.
I dont think so but do you :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is possible to believe that people hold reprehensible views and still believe that they don’t deserve to be killed.
no. you're voting for biden, or voting for donald trump. stop being a fukking p*ssy

radical gays like @Alan Johnson might vote for trump, but that's only a small percentage. the rest of us will be voting biden

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
FYI, that was a trash statement from the press secretary but the person who tweeted that writes for the Daily Caller—co-founded by Tucker Carlson. The fact that so many black people are responding to that tweet means she got the engagement she wanted.
It got reposted and I didn't know the source...but that's the exact audience the press sec was talking too