Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh :patrice:...6.5/10...kinda disappointed

I know it's called "Alien" but I was hoping we get more story on the engineers...that lil flashback was one of the best parts of the movie. Their story is more mysterious thus me having more interest in it..the movie was ok, I was just expecting a lot of answers about the Engineers since Prometheus left me wanting more

And I liked Prometheus better:manny:

We'll see what they do with the next one (Awakening, which I hear could show what happened between Prometheus and Covenant)

I dont get that tho. Why show what happens in between these two movies instead of just goin in order? I wanted engineers and why they would make such a fukkes up organism

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I dont get that tho. Why show what happens in between these two movies instead of just goin in order? I wanted engineers and why they would make such a fukkes up organism
People are still not understanding. This movie is the START of a new trilogy that will lead directly into Alien

They are not going to give you the full story of anything in movie 1. We didn't even find out darth was Luke's father until the end of the second movie.

I figure why the engineers wanted to wipe out earth is a MAJOR part of the story. Because they not only tried once and failed. But they loaded another ship full of current alien eggs, to do it again.

And once again, that plot was foiled before they left that new planet. Not to mention them dropping an engineer off and him killing himself with the same black goo.

shyt maybe they was just testing what the goo did and never intended to make humans or life in the first place. Who knows. But we got 2 more films to find out

I have no info but I'm gonna take a guess that there are more engineer planets. Maybe even more "earths" were they left creations.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We never get a movie that explores what would happen if we went to an alien world that was more advanced than ours. It's always them coming to earth. I always wanted to see the Predator home world and learn what their civilization is like. I wanted to know about the Space Jockey.

This is such a wasted opportunity to create a smart sci-fi movie. Can't blame Prometheus because that wasn't a smart movie either.

This is why I prefer TV to movies. An Alien series should have been made to go in depth and flesh out the back story and answer all the questions. 2 hours isn't enough for material of this weight. They could have done this over a few seasons and then dropped an Alien movie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
We never get a movie that explores what would happen if we went to an alien world that was more advanced than ours. It's always them coming to earth. I always wanted to see the Predator home world and learn what their civilization is like. I wanted to know about the Space Jockey.

This is such a wasted opportunity to create a smart sci-fi movie. Can't blame Prometheus because that wasn't a smart movie either.

This is why I prefer TV to movies. An Alien series should have been made to go in depth and flesh out the back story and answer all the questions. 2 hours isn't enough for material of this weight. They could have done this over a few seasons and then dropped an Alien movie.
2 hours is plenty of time if u actually dedicate your story to that telling. TV series get to drawn out and end up being a bunch of filler.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 hours is plenty of time if u actually dedicate your story to that telling. TV series get to drawn out and end up being a bunch of filler.

Maybe if they took out certain elements you can neatly fit it into 2 hours. If you want to really answer things it's not going to happen when you have a studio wanting to sell tickets. These movies were poorly written. There's not much creativity in Hollywood and TV has them beat in that area. This would have been better on Netflix.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
The way i see it, god was an engineer and us humans killed him. The engineers see that and decide to create a weapon to destroy us, but i think they realized that the zenos were deadly and unpredictable so they got rid of them. Years later, david recreates the zenos from whatever he learned. David definitely didnt create the zenos, maybe recreated them but i dont think he is the original creator.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ridley Scott totally focused on the wrong thing. He should have focused on the engineers since that's where the lore and mysteries lie. The xenomorph doesn't do anything but kill so there's not much to explore with them.

The engineers could have been looking for a planet to start life on but stumbled upon the eggs and began to research/experiment with them. That would explain why they created that mural we saw in Prometheus. Maybe they saw the xenomorph as a higher life forum but were using the black goo to perfect it.

This movie should have been just Shaw and David going to their planet to get answers not another Alien rehash.

Shaw was a good character. They could've developed her more and maybe she could've been a "Ripley" for the new generation but oh well...

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
In the book novelization, david had discovered a dead facehugger so its safe to say he didnt create the zeno. Idk why that part isnt in the movie.

Because the series is now a Michael Fassbender vehicle.

The only character that is important is David.

The entire series is now being retconned to fit around the character to make him responsible for everything.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Because the series is now a Michael Fassbender vehicle.

The only character that is important is David.

The entire series is now being retconned to fit around the character to make him responsible for everything.
Which is dumb when you have things like the queen, i thought Prometheus was about the engineers? Well ridley scott says fukk them, lets wipe em out first chance we get