Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
In the Jon spaights script it was lv426. I'd like to hear lindelof's logic for changing it
I bet his logic was...."In a future sequel we can make it make sense."
:ld:

Seems like he basically writes everything for down the road. Drum up a bunch of questions or weird stuff to get people interested now, plot holes or logic be damned, and then answer it later. Or maybe not. His philosophy is "We'll get to it later."

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
shyt! Damn I was stoked. I'm guessing Alien 5 won't happen. Did any plot info come out? I mean the official canon after that awful Colonial Marines game has Hicks alive, but I don't know about Newt or Ripley. Clearly Ripley and Hicks were the main characters of Alien 5, but no way it was a sequel right after the events, right? The actors are almost 30 years older, so Alien 5 would have had to be later on. Did a script or anything ever leak. I thought the concept art was great.
To my knowledge it would have been a clean reboot after aliens, kinda what they did with terminator, but not fukking the whole timeline. I know both hicks/ripley agreed to do it, not sure how they would have got around the age stuff tho.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
To my knowledge it would have been a clean reboot after aliens, kinda what they did with terminator, but not fukking the whole timeline. I know both hicks/ripley agreed to do it, not sure how they would have got around the age stuff tho.
Damn. fukk man it always bugged me that Michael Biehn never did a big studio picture after The Rock in 1996. He was always one of my favorite actors despite being a bit one dimensional. Aliens was such a favorite growing up that when I was in 3rd grade we got a cat and I named him Hicks.

It's one of my 5 favorite movies ever and it goes without saying but the fact that they killed off Newt, Bishop and Hicks off-screen before Alien 3 was one of the most sad moments in my movie watching life.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
After I read the original script for Prometheus, which I liked better than the movie they ended up with, I realized that the movie was a victim of management. It had a focus and then too many heads got together meddling and it ended up going slightly off the rails. The fact that it was still a decent movie just goes to show how good the movie could have been. I'm not looking forward to this next installment, but I'll peep it when it gets here.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Damn. fukk man it always bugged me that Michael Biehn never did a big studio picture after The Rock in 1996. He was always one of my favorite actors despite being a bit one dimensional. Aliens was such a favorite growing up that when I was in 3rd grade we got a cat and I named him Hicks.

It's one of my 5 favorite movies ever and it goes without saying but the fact that they killed off Newt, Bishop and Hicks off-screen before Alien 3 was one of the most sad moments in my movie watching life.
That guy was like the Jai Courtney of the 80's

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Prometheus had it's problems but it's a classic to me. I love that movie. Also, it is retarded that they didn't make Prometheus a direct prequel like it was in the Jon Spaights script, at this point I just consider it a direct prequel even though they changed the planet and stupid shyt like that
Honestly, as someone that loves Prometheus as well, I liked them delving a lot farther back into the history of the the mythos instead of doing something right before the original Alien movie. It's not like we can't see where the parallels are between the two movies and how they can lead to each other. But now we get a lot more history and can see that slow march towards the Aliens movies we know.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

My brother from another haha...he was in alot of my fav movies growing up, always loved him...from terminator to navy seals to tombstone...heard he became a coke head tho which is why they wrote a role for him in avatar but never cast him....

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
My brother from another haha...he was in alot of my fav movies growing up, always loved him...from terminator to navy seals to tombstone...heard he became a coke head tho which is why they wrote a role for him in avatar but never cast him....
Man that's crazy haha. because everyone loves Hudson because he was the funny one. I wanted to be like Hicks when I grew up. :heh: Cool and calm under fire and respected without having to say too much

Michael Biehn was dope. I heard the SEALs jokingly refer to him as an honorary member because he played one in Navy SEALs, The Abyss, and The Rock. I saw him in Grindhouse Planet Terror and thought he might make a comeback but nope.

And yeah wasn't he supposed to be the marine villain in Avatar? He did a youtube ad for a rehab clinic. I think he was/is an alcoholic and cokehead. Doesn't look too great in that video.

Sad story. About a year ago there was a little comic-con type thing in my city but on a much smaller scale. I didn't even know about it, but I was just walking down the street on my lunch break and literally ran into him as he was walking out of a bar. I couldn't believe it was him. he had sort of a mean look on his face, and I just said "Michael Biehn?" And he kinda looked at me funny but nodded. I just said I was a huge fan but I didn't ask for a picture because he looked annoyed. He said thanks, and then as he walked away I turned around he was sort of stumbling (not a lot, but not walking straight either) down the sidewalk.

I felt bad for him and for as big a fan I was as a kid I sort of regret not asking for a picture because I doubt I'll ever see him again.
:mjcry:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
True. But I think it would have made things even more confusing than they were. Bringing in that Damon writer from LOST was such a bad idea. He made that movie such a confusing mess. Visually it was beautiful to look at, the cinematography and directing was great, but Ridley I've heard doesn't care much about scripts. And the script was awful. Like, why not have just made the planet LV-426? If they had just made it the same place where the first Alien took place, and still had that mess of a story, it still would've made 10x more sense.

In the Jon spaights script it was lv426. I'd like to hear lindelof's logic for changing it

Because it went from full-on Alien prequel to Modern Alien/reboot during pre-production on the order of Scott.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Because it went from full-on Alien prequel to Modern Alien/reboot during pre-production on the order of Scott.
Damn. I didn't know that. I've always wondered what Scott thought of Aliens. To me Cameron is the best sequel maker ever. There's what, maybe a dozen sequels in history that are better than the OG? And Cameron has done 2 of the best sequels ever in T2 and Aliens. I can't believe it's been 20 years since he directed a movie that wasn't Titanic or Avatar.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
fukk this movie :francis:

Ripley's return was on deck, then not only did this fakkit Ridley Scott realize Prometheus was ass, he went ahead and cock-blocked the real Alien 5, then force fukked the title into his bullshyt sequel. If Prometheus was worth a damn, he'd let Pro-2 ride out, and but he had to jump for the Alien title.

Again, fukk this movie :francis:

Agree with all of that, we were about to get a true sequel to Aliens that brought back Ripley and Hicks (Newt probably would have been included as well), ignored the trash that followed it and now it's been put on hold for a movie and series that nobody wanted:snoop:.

I can already see some more bullshyt down the line where he comes out and says that Blomkamp's movie will be pushed back again until his Prometheus trilogy/series is complete :scust:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Agree with all of that, we were about to get a true sequel to Aliens that brought back Ripley and Hicks (Newt probably would have been included as well), ignored the trash that followed it and now it's been put on hold for a movie and series that nobody wanted:snoop:.

I can already see some more bullshyt down the line where he comes out and says that Blomkamp's movie will be pushed back again until his Prometheus trilogy/series is complete :scust:
FOX gon' FOX :francis: