President-Elect Attacks John Lewis: "Worry about your crime-infested district"

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
the plan was to show their actions and once they (the world) saw the non violence opinions changed. being rage filled wasn't going to get black people in the door when that was the narrative being pushed forward.

and yet his protesting way really helped move black people forward from where they were previous.

that's not going to get you forward in any realistic way and if you think that, you're a dumbass. all that vitriol will get you is the gov't sending troops to get your black ass.

there is no way black people could sustain ourselves as a separate unit let alone the government would never let that fly. everything you said was literally the opposite end of the spectrum and if you think that is going to get black people anywhere to living peacefully and comfortably is an even older way and more outdated of thinking than lewis' way and correct me if i'm wrong but the South already learned what happens if you try that whole separate thing.

once the world seen how blacks were getting treated, they started to make it more subtle...but at the expense of a lil bit of progress..

Do you think there was a better way to promote intergration, but not to the point where blacks gave up the entrepreneurship mentality and spirit that was possessed?

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
it's not separation which is so fukking stupid (proved that it won't fly) and unrealistic. i'd rather be with the "safe negro" than with someone who thinks that plan is viable.
Again what is the endgame for black people in America? Is it to be in this never ending conflict with a race of people who are unwilling,reluctant,uninterested to end white supremacy that just elected an outspoken white supremacist?

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
once the world seen how blacks were getting treated, they started to make it more subtle...but at the expense of a lil bit of progress..

Do you think there was a better way to promote intergration, but not to the point where blacks gave up the entrepreneurship mentality and spirit that was possessed?
Let's us be reality the only reason why the US govt ended Jim Crown was because the Soviet Union used the images of black men and women being beaten as a way to show America was hypocritical superpower. Are things better? Yes. But the war wasn't over because MLK's next fight was economical. The reason was that black folks wasn't improving economical. He was killed by white folks. You then had the rise of the Panthers and Stanley Carmichael. Who the US govt stamped out. White folks then went from overt racism to covert racism. Gentrification,redlining,war on drugs,cutting welfare and food stamps on black families,passing voter id laws to suppress black votes,mass incarceration of black men,school to prison pipeline,economic stagnantion in the black cimmunity. After all these years white America have shown no interest in helping end the suffering of our people. And they just elected Donald Trump a bigot. People have said wait till the old generation die back in the 60s and here we are. The younger generation from the 60s elected Donald Trump.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Let's us be reality the only reason why the US govt ended Jim Crown was because the Soviet Union used the images of black men and women being beaten as a way to show America was hypocritical superpower. Are things better? Yes. But the war wasn't over because MLK's next fight was economical. The reason was that black folks wasn't improving economical. He was killed by white folks. You then had the rise of the Panthers and Stanley Carmichael. Who the US govt stamped out. White folks then went from overt racism to covert racism. Gentrification,redlining,war on drugs,cutting welfare and food stamps on black families,passing voter id laws to suppress black votes,mass incarceration of black men,school to prison pipeline,economic stagnantion in the black cimmunity. After all these years white America have shown no interest in helping end the suffering of our people. And they just elected Donald Trump a bigot. People have said wait till the old generation die back in the 60s and here we are. The younger generation from the 60s elected Donald Trump.

Yeah white people were never gonna make a level playing field economically...

At this point, its all about getting the money up and re-investing in ourselves in a low key manner

TheSwede

Rookie
Daps

I wonder how many nikkas gonna defend that clown John Lewis? :jbhmm:

I'm gonna post this now that I'm on page 1 and see how many capes flap by the time I get to page 17 :pachaha:

John Lewis understands that hate is not the answer. I can't see nothing wrong with that. He is basically saying what any enlightened person would say, he understands that there are people falling victim to the ego ridden idea of whites being superior, you don't break this illusion by being violent back.
This doesn't mean though that violence as a revolt can't be understood from a psychological perspective, it means that it shouldn't be encouraged, that's all. John Lewis handling of the police is what an enlightened man would do, wether your mind would accept it or not.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Huey P. Newton believed that Black Americans are at the center of the fight against the USA Empire and the only way to get free was to destroy the USA empire from the inside.

The freer the world gets from USA imperialism...the freer we get in the USA...

We have to remember that many advancements made in USA race relations was made under the threat of Communism and Fascism...and we had Black Americans for the first time...looking outside the USA and was kinda cheering on the Japanese and the Chinese and the Russians to destroy Western civilization as we know it...

Critical Race Theory states that White people do not do anything to benefit Black people unless it is in the best interests of White people...

So improving race relations kills the fervor of Black people wanting this radical global change...and it also makes the USA look good..at that time...

The worst fear that USA had at that time was Black people linking up with Communist Russia and China and destroying the USA from the inside.

I agree with Huey P. Newton...only way Black Americans is gonna see a better world for themselves...is if the USA Empire is destroyed and I bet many of us ain't willing to see that happen...

Only disagreement I have.. is that Black folk won't be the one's to take the imperial core down. The usa is currently in the process of falling, for the past few decades. You should read Glubb's Fate of Empires if you haven't. It will explain very clearly where the american empire currently is.

But yeah this sucker going down is probably the only thing that get's us out of this shyt show. Because we all know now in 2017, that they aren't gonna let up. And yea. a sizable percent of our folk probably don't want to see that shyt happen. But taking an L is inescapable at this point.

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

At this point, its all about getting the money up and re-investing in ourselves in a low key manner
Pretty much. We are still suffering from the same economic perils that has bogged us down in the 60s. And even then we have still found a way to make black millionaires and black upper middle class. Collectively we are still behind. At the end of the day we are all we got and hopefully we come to that.

Getting the voting rights act and Civil right act bills passed were victories but the war wasnt over. I'll use an analogy. Getting those bill passed is akin to the Allied forces taking France in 1944. But once they moved to Netherlands and Germany they got bogged down in a stalemate. Nothing happend. Then next you know the Nazis launch a massive counterattack and reverse all their gains. Know we are in Paris trying to hold on. The Supreme Court gutted the voting Rights act which was a major blow. And now with Trump president he will fill the courts with 2 or 3 conservatives. Which means the voting right act is good as dead. So with Trump we may get pushed to the beach heads of Normady.
John Lewis understands that hate is not the answer. I can't see nothing wrong with that. He is basically saying what any enlightened person would say, he understands that there are people falling victim to the ego ridden idea of whites being superior, you don't break this illusion by being violent back.
This doesn't mean though that violence as a revolt can't be understood from a psychological perspective, it means that it shouldn't be encouraged, that's all. John Lewis handling of the police is what an enlightened man would do, wether your mind would accept it or not.
Human history has shown violence is a means to an end. By your logic my ancestors in Haiti were not enlightened because they rose up revolt against France. In some cases violence works. So was Castro not enlightened when he sent Cuban troops to Angola to stop apartheid South Africa'South invasion of Angola? History has shown many times the bad guys win. It is not who is more moral that wins. It is who is more ruthless and brutal.

TheSwede

Rookie
Daps
Pretty much. We are still suffering from the same economic perils that has bogged us down in the 60s. And even then we have still found a way to make black millionaires and black upper middle class. Collectively we are still behind. At the end of the day we are all we got and hopefully we come to that.

Getting the voting rights act and Civil right act bills passed were victories but the war wasnt over. I'll use an analogy. Getting those bill passed is akin to the Allied forces taking France in 1944. But once they moved to Netherlands and Germany they got bogged down in a stalemate. Nothing happend. Then next you know the Nazis launch a massive counterattack and reverse all their gains. Know we are in Paris trying to hold on. The Supreme Court gutted the voting Rights act which was a major blow. And now with Trump president he will fill the courts with 2 or 3 conservatives. Which means the voting right act is good as dead. So with Trump we may get pushed to the beach heads of Normady.

Human history has shown violence is a means to an end. By your logic my ancestors in Haiti were not enlightened because they rose up revolt against France. In some cases violence works. So was Castro not enlightened when he sent Cuban troops to Angola to stop apartheid South Africa'South invasion of Angola? History has shown many times the bad guys win. It is not who is more moral that wins. It is who is more ruthless and brutal.
Sometimes, violence is the only way to gain enough power to be able to speak, I agree with that. But when we look at history, we're so eager to look at the initial results of an action and then call it victory without analysing the after effects. The end result has very rarely if ever been successful. This is something that Nelson Mandela realised when he got older. There is some great quotes of him which I am sure you've read. Look at South Africa with a somewhat more open view and look at the reverse racism that is going on. There is a lot of people who feel like they want to avenge people for what their ancestors did to the natives. There is even documentaries of the white underclass being harassed simply for being white.

Violence isn't necessary in america today. But you're right that there have been horrific times in history where people have to swallow their pride and hurt somebody to show that they are serious about their freedom.

EDIT: What I am advocating is surprising the enemies. Most people aren't psychopaths.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

We aren't even close to do this as a group. Hell, we are barely doing it here. Salute to bdizzle and several others but most of us are NOT giving a helping hand.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
obsequious :whoo:
giphy.gif

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis

I wonder how many nikkas gonna defend that clown John Lewis? :jbhmm:

I'm gonna post this now that I'm on page 1 and see how many capes flap by the time I get to page 17 :pachaha:

What are you doing for black people in your community that gives you the leadway to discredit a civil rights legend?

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
My points are not dependant on the "celebrities" Trump is bringing out (Obama's tenure as President was perhaps the most celebrity-filled one in modern history, btw), they're based on the proposed policies he touted during his campaign. Barack Obama and Bill Clinton both stayed in the hood and yet the racial wealth gap expanded under the former, in large part due to the policies of the latter. So I'm pretty much done with photo-op identity politics. I really don't give a shyt if Trump ever personally steps foot in the hood, I'm interested in his policies and their effects.

How could you expect Obama to reduce the racial wealth gap during his 8 year presidency? It's unfair metric to use over an 8 year period because the wealth gap has been created over generations of discriminatory laws and economic policies. No president can single handily reduce this during 2 terms especially without his or her party having control of the other 2 braches of government. Obama ain't a saint but :ufdup: don't place burdens on his legacy that he had neither the tools nor the time to alleviate.