Power Rangers Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What ever positives he has done for the black community will be erased due to that dumb ass tweet he sent out during one the those police brutality cases "I was beaten in the head by a policeman, and afterwards, I said THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!". ANd doing sit-ins in Congress for gay-rights, but no sit-ins for Black people being shot down by the police. Im veering off the subject, am im going to leave it at that.

He can be a character without sacrificing his damn dignity and overcoming his faults and wining in the end. Something that Finn DID NOT DO. ALso if you knew about stereotypes then you would'nt defend the character of Finn. If white racists, who bashed his character before the movie were ok with him afterwards, then no black male should be after the movie was presented.

They did not have to make him the nerd since he was ORIGINALLY the cool regular black male who had a girl in the first place. IF you dont think they 't did that for racial reasons and to emasculate the black male image, then I dnt know what to tell you.

Breh if you really think John Lewis' legacy will be erased or can be erased for tweets and even though he violated congressional rules this year by doing a sit in to protest gun laws that have led to many black men and women being shot down across the country and the hundreds of times he's spoken up about police brutality then we got nothing else to talk about. Seriously.

Again I don't care. You do. I got other places to look for black male leads that aren't on some ignorant shyt which is always my first and last desire. If that doesn't work for you cool but clearly we're coming at this from two very different angles

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since when did Zack get beat up?? :dahell:All the power rangers got owned at one point, what are u talking about?? :dahell:

You are in the minority when u said that Zack was corny because everybody wanted to be him in the playground. I remember he saved the day in one episode and was the best actor on the goddmann show hence a lot of screentime and subplots until TOmmy showed up. And most of all he ALWAYS HAD A GIRLFRIEND. Unlike Billy who was a eunuch (probably because the actor was gay, but regardless).

And as far as love interests goes, it really doesn't matter what type of female love interest he has, bw as a group aren't clamoring for bm's to be side-by-side black women interests, as a matter of fact they love the opposite. :mjpls: THEY HAVE THEIR REPRESENTATION ON TV, Shondra Rhimes and Issa Rae got their backs, and bw AS A GROUP love their shows (you cannot deny this) so they are not mad at the swirl factor presented in them. Black women will get theirs. THEY ALWAYS DO. And no matter who she is and what she does, as long as she is sexy and intelligent, bw will cheer and support ESPECIALLY if she has a nonblack love interest. That's why I said it doesn't matter what race she is, even though she would most likely be Latina and to a lesser extent Black as history shows IF HE HAS ONE AT ALL. I would personally prefer all-black love interests but that's not gonna happen, especially if the bw is the star. Zack had black girlfriends on the show, Jason and Tommy shared Pink ranger.

AND I AM NOT going off of "random movies", there is a TREND going on about black males and their portrayal in movies specifically by big media corporations. When was the last time you have seen the black male as the stud of the movie who gets the girls in 2016?? :dahell: What big production movie have you seen where that has occurred?? :upsetfavre: I cannot name NOT ONE movie in 2016 that has the black man getting the girl in the movie. NOT ONE.

Do bm have to be heart throbs on every movie? YES :dahell: And you right we dont need movies to get chicks, but with alll the NEGATIVE media portrayals on your LOCAL news, there HAS to be a balance to counteract this. This is where positive and intelligent black male roles come in.

cut that out,nobody wanted to be Zach on the playground:pachaha:....nikka talked like a cornball brutha,dressed like a cornball brutha,and nobody i knew even wanted to dance like that nikka:scust:

Far as recent movies i can remember,Deadshot was the leader of the Suicide Squad and Harley was tryin to fukk black and brown people left and right:mjpls:....Straight Out of Compton had NWA getting alot of women,and showed Cube and Eazy both marrying loyal sistas,Dre not so much:mjpls:....in Creed he got a girl and we got a classic:wow:...Black Panther clearly stole the show,Luda was the brains of the operation in the last Fast and Furious AND got the black woman who also had brains.

Either im not seeing enough movies,or you watching too many:pachaha:....i usually only watch movies that got a couple black folks in it...its not bad enough right now for you to be this upset about a TRAILER:mindblown:

My biggest problem with tv and movies right now is the promotion of "swirling":scust:....also on tv the streets/hood aint represented enough....i know how you feel bruh,nikkas fot mad at me in this very forum i believe,for pointing out how all the black people in tv shows seem to he all well off,affluent,and cant forget so well spoken:mjpls::....i said it was too much of this and nikkas came at me full force:mjlol:...im sorry but its so phony and forced i had to call it....wheres our Good Times,Living Single,South central,everybody hates chris,Martin,Moesha,Steve Harvey,the Parkers to balance it out?so apparently we all looking for different things.

But anyway,You only seem to be looking at one form of media and entertainment(movies),if you feel the black alpha male who gets plenty of p*ssy is under represented:heh:.....more under represented than what Black Billy represents in this movie in a big budget film:?

If hes written well its a bigger payoff in terms of being different,then what a dancing black dude who gets p*ssy wouldve been imo....I just dont feel like smooth,p*ssy gettin black males are under represented breh....matter of fact its not under represented to the point you will get looked at like a alien by some people if you a nikka wit 0 swag,who aint smooth with women....that shyt is looked at as a birth defect....what you want to see more of,is already so engrained in popular culture its become a stereotype:manny:

Let the Black Billys get a chance to shine mane,if they write him fukked up ill be back here protesting with you,and you can say i told you so.

and white Billy was universally wack due to lack of screen time,looks like the asian will be the new billy,as asians usually get it worst than even we do on the big screen:mjlol:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Did y'all cry about a black kid being a blue nerd Ranger in megaforce? Y'all find anything to bytch about

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Did y'all cry about a black kid being a blue nerd Ranger in megaforce? Y'all find anything to bytch about

i dont think dudes caught megaforce, not that i dont blame them. the problem is that people cant move on from mmpr despite how lame it was, and how mant sequels completely destroy it

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
when the series is on the verge of getting cancelled, is when its starts to burn bright. in space, time force, rpm. all the best

Those are definitely the best 3. By a lot.

MMPR has the nostalgia factor but those 3 were the best actual shows with the best plots.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I still say Time Force was my favorite and I watched all the way to SPD.

TF was cool.. The episode where Eric became the Quantam ranger was :noah:. Eric was so damn gully and swagged out. The Quantam ranger was so dope they made him an official red ranger in forever red and gave him his own battlelizer. :wow:

But Ninja Storm>
I always thought Wild Force and SPD were corny. Mystic Force was the worst imo.

Ninja Storm my personal favorite
Time Force dope
Galaxy arguably the goat :wow:
Lights Speed Rescue was ok
In Space claaaaasic
Zeo don't remember much other than Jason coming back and getting the gold Ranger powers... Billy :umad:
Turbo Don't remember much other than those two vehicles the Rangers got... And the kid blue ranger?
MMPR :blessed:

Last edited:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
TF was cool.. The episode where Eric became the Quantam ranger was :noah:. Eric was so damn gully and swagged out. The Quantam ranger was so dope they made him an official red ranger in forever red and gave him his own battlelizer. :wow:

But Ninja Storm>
I always thought Wild Force and SPD were corny. Mystic Force was the worst imo.

Ninja Storm my personal favorite
Time Force dope
Galaxy arguably the goat :wow:
Lights Speed Rescue was ok
In Space claaaaasic
Zeo don't remember much other than Jason coming back and getting the gold Ranger powers... Billy :umad:
Turbo Don't remember much other than those two vehicles the Rangers got... And the kid blue ranger?
MMPR :blessed:
Ninja storm mad underrated easily one of the best