Philadelphia is a highly slept on city...

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
  • Large urban east coast city with a huge downtown; third largest in America
  • Great dining (for both snooty high brow types and local yokels)
  • Great sports town (Eagles, Sixers, Phillies, Flyers; Temple, St. Josephs, Villanova for college)
  • Affordable housing (Read: Apartments in safe neighborhoods for $1,000). You can actually get a place here close to bars, restaurants, shopping, museums that isn't a broom closet like New York.
  • Beautiful architecture. The city didn't knock down it's historic landmarks like New York did. You can be in downtown on one street, walk ten blocks up and see houses built in the 1700s.
  • The economy is okay, could be better :ld: (Healthcare seems to be the major industry here)
  • Beautiful suburbs. Drive 20 minutes outside of Philly and you'll see gorgeous scenery, rolling hills and farm land that looks like it belongs in a children's book :ahh:
  • Plenty of Museums. Great schools (U Penn, Temple, Drexel)
  • The Jersey Shore is 1 hour away. Delaware Beaches are 2 hours away. Ocean City 2 hours and 30 minutes. Virginia Beach 5 hours.
  • Philly is in the middle of the East Coast. You can go to NYC, Washington DC, Baltimore, Wilmington, Atlantic City in less than 2 hours. Boston (5 hours) and Connecticut (3 hours) are further but, still good for day trips. One of the GOAT things about growing up here being so close to everything :ahh:
  • Crime is bad but, it's getting better each year. Philly used to average 400 murders. In 2013, it hit 247. I lost several people here so I won't sugarcoat it :ld: but it's getting safer.
  • If you REALLY want to, you can commute to other cities from Philly. People take Amtrak every morning to their high paying jobs in New York (about 1 hour ten minute ride) but, live in Philly for the lower housing costs. Alot of former New Yorkers here.
If you want an East Coast city that's affordable, Philly is a good option brehs :ld: You can shyt on it all you want but, these white hipsters and millennials are moving here in droves. Because they see a huge city that's a steal in terms of price. In another ten years, this city is going to be gentrified to hell like Washington DC and New York. Hopefully I'll own a couple properties by then :sas1:

Last edited:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
philly3.jpg

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
and here come the nikkas who live in majority cac cities talking shyt about philly, right on schedule
so disagreeing that Philly is a highly slept on city is talking shyt about it? so sensitive. Cleveland is a majority black city, dont mean we want to go there :mjlol:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
so disagreeing that Philly is a highly slept on city is talking shyt about it? so sensitive. Cleveland is a majority black city, dont mean we want to go there :mjlol:

You gotta give an alternative though...

If you looking for a dense major urban America city, there aren't many.

You got New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, San Fran and....that's it. Philadelphia is cheaper than all of those places, sans Chicago which is affordable for some odd reason.

NYC is already gentrified. In my five years in Washington DC, I saw the already ongoing gentrification ramp up like crazy. I can easily see Philly becoming the next popping place. People that's priced out of the other big cities will come here once they see it's not a war zone and it offers alot.