People actually liked the Joker depiction in Suicide Squad?!?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not always and the movie never balanced out his characterisation you can't just show him pursuing her and not show the psychological rapist. If they didn't add him saying "she was his property" it would have been a formulaic love story
What I got from the movie and novelization was that The Joker was the manipulative boyfriend that you see girls fall for in real life. The ones that have girls doing anything for them.
That's what I got from it anyway :manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What I got from the movie and novelization was that The Joker was the manipulative boyfriend that you see girls fall for in real life. The ones that have girls doing anything for them.
That's what I got from it anyway :manny:
You know that from every Harley and joker story in comic or animation not from anything you saw in suicide squad. Cuz quite simply joker wasn't fleshed out enough, we never really scratched his machinations

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
He gave fuks tho, SS's joker was for a feminist led world, he was basically p*ssywooped.Other joker's would have abused Harley or treated her like brad Pitt did juliette lewis in kalifornia. Instead it was more like something out of true romance

They cut out mad shyt with him going hard on hoes like he sposed to. No way in hell was a true depiction of their relationship going to fly when that X-Men movie got shyt just from Apocalypse having his hand round a chicks neck.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think Leto is dope but the entire movie was shyt really. I'd like to see some of what the cut even from the extended version but it just seems like he was trying too hard.

I'd like to see him reprise the role in a better movie just to give him another chance but goddamn...

Lol

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He disrespected Harley, he was already a dead man when he complimented her, he just didn't know it. I felt Common (Monster T) was more menacing than most of the Joker's screen time.

As for Leto's portrayal, it felt like he honed in on Jim Carrey's Riddler, but had the trap star/goth rock style of today. Leto's Joker was essentially Machine Gun Kelly with a lot of camp thrown in.....

Interestingly enough, Leto did interview cartel members and psychopaths to get into this role, but overall it failed to connect on any level for me.

Joker at the club listening to Rick Ross and Skrillex? Nah, can't do it, Ledger set he bar and Hamill is the only one that came even remotely close....
Yeah he just felt out of place. I agree he's a character that is open to new interpretation, but all the random ink, being shredded like a model with all the muscle definition, the grill, and hanging around the club scene all felt like a bad fit for the joker. This is a character supposed to be a loner, more on the gritty side, maybe a little smaller than most villains, and I think the hairstyle of the joker is a part that really almost embodies the character as well. Even with it being green, it can't be all slicked back like he's part of the Corleone family. That just seems like a poor fit. Jack's joker, ledger's joker, and the cartoon one all were a bit more disheveled and unhinged in that regard. I think it creates a more unstable and volatile image for the character

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Why on earth would the joker of all ppl be sitting in a room sulking looking like he lost his puppy just waiting for details on harley. That whole scene was dumb af

He wasn't a simp in the original cut

28D45E5800000578-3086990-image-a-8_1431990838239.jpg

He also pushed her out of the helicopter out of anger

But test footage didn't like seeing a domestic abuse in comic book movies :beli: