Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
clever math there, but 3 great albums in the 90's > 2 great albums in the 90's.

Outkast doesn't have 3 great albums. Let alone 1. Bunch of 4.5/5 albums. Infamous is 5/5, HOE is 4.5/5, and Murda Muzik is 4/5.

You come off as a stan if you say Murda Muzik isn't on the level of Southernplaya at the very least and Aquemini is polarizing, depending on who you ask

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outkast doesn't have 3 great albums. Let alone 1. Bunch of 4.5/5 albums. Infamous is 5/5, HOE is 4.5/5, and Murda Muzik is 4/5.

You come off as a stan if you say Murda Muzik isn't on the level of Southernplaya at the very least

Is this counting Kast's last three albums? And what are your ratings for Mobb's last three?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
im just up here like :popcorn:

the level of shameless ignorance being displayed by @JustCKing in this thread is entertaining as hell.

Man, thats crazy to me that people would choose Mobb Deep over Kast.

I have a love for that grimy New York sound, but Outkast has put out some seminal, timeless music over the years.

outkast never made a seminal rap track in their entire careers.

we gonna abuse the word "seminal" now?

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the level of shameless ignorance being displayed by @JustCKing in this thread is entertaining as hell.

So now you're saying Outkast wasn't influential.... right... :stopitslime:

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've already explained this. If ATCQ is ranked over Mobb Deep and you have nine other groups that are ranked higher than ATCQ, how is Mobb Deep top tier. This is hypothetical by the way. The same as if someone ranks Biggie over Jay and have 9 other rappers ranked over Biggie, how is Jay top tier. If 2Pac is ranked over Eminem, and there's several other rappers ranked over 2Pac, how is Eminem top tier. If Kobe is ranked over CP3, and there's several other players ranked over Kobe, how is CP3 top tier.

But none of this is true. There's no consensus to ATCQ being ranked higher than Mobb Deep and that there are nine more groups above them.

And your logic is flawed. Kobe IS ranked ahead of CP3. There ARE several players ranked ahead of Kobe. CP3 IS a top tier player.

But what is true is your argument was based on location. The quote above does nothing to explain why you feel Mobb Depp is not a top tier group due to the fact that they lived in the same location as ATCQ. How does using non existing rankings explain that?

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How is it a forgone conclusion that Prodigy's a top tier lyricist? That's just as debatable as them not being the best rap group to come out of Queens. In fact both discussions deserve their own threads.

Again, that has nothing to do with anything I said. You might be responding to another conversation. I never said anything about him being a top tier lyricist. Only thing I said was he might be the most sampled rapper in hip hop.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Can you in your heart of hearts say Outkast has made something as good as The Infamous? I'd put Kast best album in contention with Hell On Earth...

Kast was a pop group after Aquemini. There's a reason they get played in White kid middleschool dances.

this is where most of the kast voters in this thread became fans.

It's the way they look at hip hop now a days and who was at the forefront to cause what we hear. Sorta like when everyone started using Autotune and they blamed T-Pain. They like to hate on innovators rather than giving them credit. When The Love Below came out hip hop changed drastically. If you've noticed, all the people vying for Mobb Deep have all said they hated that album. Despite it being and album that went diamond(So people bought it even though they knew the direction it was going in at the time. It had multiple hit singles.) and was one of the only two hip hop albums to win a grammy for album of the year.

outkast album didn't go diamond because of hip-hop.....and for the record, it only went diamond because its a double cd.

sb/tlb was basically irrelevant to the rap scene. it was music for black office parties and white soccer moms that listened to black eyed peas.

People really going to stick to the "Stankonia is a classic" argument, huh?

and then they go on and post up wack ass links.

I think even lesser of the album now.:laugh:

Definitely no shame in it, but hurts any argument that Mobb Deep was somehow a top tier group in Hip Hop.

do you know what a tier is?

:popcorn:

And one other thing...How is it a foregone conclusion that they're not the best rap group to come out of Queens? That's an actual debate.

theyre not seeing run dmc at all.

mobb deep vs tribe could go either way tho.

I've already explained this. If ATCQ is ranked over Mobb Deep and you have nine other groups that are ranked higher than ATCQ, how is Mobb Deep top tier. This is hypothetical by the way. The same as if someone ranks Biggie over Jay and have 9 other rappers ranked over Biggie, how is Jay top tier. If 2Pac is ranked over Eminem, and there's several other rappers ranked over 2Pac, how is Eminem top tier. If Kobe is ranked over CP3, and there's several other players ranked over Kobe, how is CP3 top tier.

So yes, it makes sense to me. Does it make sense to you?

How is it a forgone conclusion that Prodigy's a top tier lyricist? That's just as debatable as them not being the best rap group to come out of Queens. In fact both discussions deserve their own threads.

I kinda think that its my fault since im the one that prolly put the battery in your back with the tier-talk.

I was saying that mobb deep was top-tier FOR THAT ERA.

I never said that they were an all-time top-tier group.

also, more than 1 group from the same borough can be in the same tier homie. for instance, outkast & goodie mob were both 2nd-tier groups for that era and theyre from the same dungeon.

theres no rule that says only 1 person/group per city can be allowed into a certain tier.

So now you're saying Outkast wasn't influential.... right... :stopitslime:

influential but not strongly influential.

and they certainly weren't groundbreaking. they didn't stop time dog.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
influential but not strongly influential.

and they certainly weren't groundbreaking. they didn't stop time dog.

So who exactly were doing their sound when they dropped?

So that's why artist still to this day sample their songs, and even during the time they were being sampled by the same people who considered them competition. They were being sampled by all the top artist of that time and right now, but they weren't ground breaking. right...

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
So who exactly were doing their sound when they dropped?

So that's why artist still to this day sample their songs, and even during the time they were being sampled by the same people who considered them competition. They were being sampled by all the top artist of that time and right now, but they weren't ground breaking. right...

youre using the term groundbreaking very loosely.

what about all the other artists that had way more influence? a lot of them I wouldn't even consider groundbreaking. so kast certainly isn't.

yall one of them dudes that lose your minds when you see the 12th man on the team hit a wide-open layup.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I like Outkast but they don't have a "Shook ones", or a "my minds playing tricks on me", or a "Cream" or a "Crossroads" type song in their catalogues

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I ike Outkast but they don't have a "Shook ones", or a "my minds playing tricks on me", or a "Cream" or a "Crossroads" type song in their catalogues

At least not rap song, shyt like "Hey Ya" and "Roses" were definitely huge for all the wrong reasons.