"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Extra curricular or not, run dmc didn't accomplish those feats. The question is who is bigger.

:wtf:

run dmc is like the main reason your precious grammy committee even took rap into consideration.

:heh:
Could you please post some early songs of OutKast sounding like Arrested Development rapping like Souls of Mischief and making music to pull the back packs?
I mean, besides that TLC song.
stupid question.
and then you want to be sarcastic about it too.
you dudes dont know chit about hip-hop.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
No offense but see this is the bullshyt I hate. When a group sells a lot of records and cats automatically say they sell out. If you talking about the Aquemini album from back in 98 you trippin. Wasn't nothing commercial about that album. They had Raekwon on Skew-It-On The Bar-B, the Rosa Parks joint and Slick Rick on Da Art of Storytellin. Whats commercial about those singles back in 98? Remember Bad Boy, DMX, No Limit and CMR were on the rise and running shyt. Talk about revisionist history.
I like Mobb Deep so I wont throw shade their way its just when it comes to overall music and quality Kast is simply better.

I'm still trippin this nikka said Arrested Development. He been hating Kast since SOHH. Dont ever change @Wacky D

aquemini is an all time classic LP
i said they went commerical in late 90s (my bad) i meant early 00s

and i stand by my statement
the hiphop head is taken mobb over kast

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
no. YOU do the research.

it doesnt matter how hip-hop percieved arrested development. most of their sales came from people who like rap but arent really hip-hop like that.

learn how to think outside the box dog.:mindblown:

you think kast ever went plat on some str8 hip-hop chit? F*CK NO. and when they were doing mega numbers, they werent even really relevant to the rap game at all.

the souls of mischief type chit gave them their rap base outside of the bama states.

im not off-base at all. you just ALWAYS have trouble seeing the big picture, regardless of the topic.

dikkheads like you are why this board is wack now.

please just neg me so you can feel good about yourself and leave the thread.:scusthov:
nikka..U kiddin me?..do u know how GRATEFUL nikkas was after them AD faggits was so hyped by the media with the first album that that hippie shyt FLOPPED by the second one?...like nikkas was literally RELIEVED...and STOP comparing Souls Of Mischief and AD...Souls of Mischief had more in common with THE PHARCYDE....Arrested Development was considered hippie rap...if u wanna say Common and Dre from Outkast took dress style wit the hippie weirdo shyt than ok...but that was more due to ERYKAH BADU than anything....Common's first joint was NOTHING like Arrested Development....And Neither was Resurrection...which came out 2 years AFTER AD's joint....and Outkast's first wasn't either...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
thread is funny. 95% of the people in here disagreeing with me are the same exact type of fans that im talking about.

people who like rap but really arent hip-hop. the problem is, they dont want to keep it 100 with themselves. thats what this is REALLY all about. i dont give a dam about outkast. i dont hate them dudes. their name hardly ever even comes up in real-life convos. not even when i was living in the south.:laugh:

case-in-point, this L7 character who doesnt have a hip-hop bone in his body but loves him some outkast. lets take a look:
:umad:
Whoa why you getting so heated though? I have nothing to prove and we've had this discussion many of times over the years which is why I said never change b/c you never do. Kast already has it's seat, plaques, belts, awards, or whatever type of imaginary category you want to make up and then exclude them from.

its not that you dont have anything to prove. the problem is YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY. as usual.

of course im gonna get heated if you keep tagging me with silly ass insults.

and those are your direct responses to my initial posts?:usure: sounds like YOURE THE ONE thats really heated.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka..U kiddin me?..do u know how GRATEFUL nikkas was after them AD faggits was so hyped by the media with the first album that that hippie shyt FLOPPED by the second one?...like nikkas was literally RELIEVED...and STOP comparing Souls Of Mischief and AD...Souls of Mischief had more in common with THE PHARCYDE....Arrested Development was considered hippie rap...if u wanna say Common and Dre from Outkast took dress style wit the hippie weirdo shyt than ok...but that was more due to ERYKAH BADU than anything....Common's first joint was NOTHING like Arrested Development....And Neither was Resurrection...which came out 2 years AFTER AD's joint....and Outkast's first wasn't either...

man you need to take some comprehension courses. or take a nap or something. cuz youre not understanding chit. and im done talking to your wall.

outkast jocked souls of mischief style when they came out. yet another example of you driving way off the road.

let me repeat. alot of the types of people that blew arrested development up, are the same types that love outkast, common and yes erykah badu. but especially outkast. but for some reason, this isnt getting thru to you. smh. you should know this anyway. why is it so foreign to you?

if youre not fully prepared for this, then stop bussin your gun at the ceiling.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Run DMC broke down colour barriers and went plat, they paved the way for nikkas like the outkast.
Soo, Is Afrika Bambataa the GOAT :mjlol:

However, bigger is a funny word.
Bigger commercial act? Yes, Bigger celebrities? Mhm yea lets say so. Bigger musical act in terms of skills? yes.
But not bigger in terms of impact, influence and importance for the culture, the business and the black community.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
thread is funny. 95% of the people in here disagreeing with me are the same exact type of fans that im talking about.

people who like rap but really arent hip-hop. the problem is, they dont want to keep it 100 with themselves. thats what this is REALLY all about. i dont give a dam about outkast. i dont hate them dudes. their name hardly ever even comes up in real-life convos. not even when i was living in the south.:laugh:.

.........and on that note IM DONE WITH THIS THREAD.

anybody want to see me some more? its gonna be in my official thread concerning this topic. we can carry that in there cuz im not pushing other peoples' threads to platinum or multi-plat status anymore.

i dont even know who the OP is. lol. whoever you are, thanks for the look. i just gave you like 4 pages in return. props. i'll shoot credit to this link in my thread.:yes:

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
aquemini is an all time classic LP
i said they went commerical in late 90s (my bad) i meant early 00s

and i stand by my statement
the hiphop head is taken mobb over kast
Admit it...."hiphop head" is just code for East coast nikka right?

And Stankonia in 2000 is even a worse example (ironic you don't even know the name of the albums or when they even came out). Bombs Over Baghdad sounded like nothing in hip-hop at the time. The beat and chorus were straight fire (also the video) and you couldn't deny they were both flowing their asses off and then Mrs. Jackson drops which goes on to kill shyt and have nikkas all over the country relating to baby mama drama. Again what's so commercial about success while not sacrificing your art? You making it seem like they set out to gain fans and attention from outside the hip hop genre. They kept changing their sound and not sacrificing their souls/art and still killed shyt. They never followed anybody and just kept doing their thing and not afraid of what people thought.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Admit it...."hiphop head" is just code for East coast nikka right?

nope.

the south dont even f*ck with kast anywhere near as hard as you internetters.

thats my final shot. i couldnt resist.

P.S. "bombs over baghdad" was corny as hell, and they str8 marketed that stankonia album str8 to the mainstream with that song as the backdrop. as i said, they were never THAT CHIT in the hip-hop realm. they flew 2nd class at their peak.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

man you need to take some comprehension courses. or take a nap or something. cuz youre not understanding chit. and im done talking to your wall.

outkast jocked souls of mischief style when they came out. yet another example of you driving way off the road.

let me repeat. alot of the types of people that blew arrested development up, are the same types that love outkast, common and yes erykah badu. but especially outkast. but for some reason, this isnt getting thru to you. smh. you should know this anyway. why is it so foreign to you?

if youre not fully prepared for this, then stop bussin your gun at the ceiling.
nikka and u sound STUPID comparing Souls Of Michief and Arrested Development in the first place...that's what YOUR not comprehending...Souls of Mischief was more like The Pharcyde...whose album came out the SAME year...if u just gonna lump all these groups together u might as well throw Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul in there...nikka it's stupid....just listening to the music u can tell these artists are WAY different from Arrested Development....

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka and u sound STUPID comparing Souls Of Michief and Arrested Development in the first place...that's what YOUR not comprehending...Souls of Mischief was more like The Pharcyde...whose album came out the SAME year...if u just gonna lump all these groups together u might as well throw Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul in there...nikka it's stupid....just listening to the music u can tell these artists are WAY different from Arrested Development....

you have no clue what youre talking about.

fallback or do the knowledge. outkast came out rapping like S.O.M. clearly. theyve even admitted to their stannery.

youre too caught up in gimmicks when comparing these groups. AGAIN, yet another example of you not being able to see out the box. everything aint A & B.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nope.

the south dont even f*ck with kast anywhere near as hard as you internetters.

thats my final shot. i couldnt resist.
Continue to never change and keep me laughing with your tall tales and bizarro world theories of Mr. Wendel > Spottieottiedopaliscious. Don't forget your red nose and oversized shoes.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Continue to never change and keep me laughing with your tall tales and bizarro world theories.

continue acting like a fakkit.

:pacspit: L7 ass dude.

rap was better when people like you refused to listen to it.