Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Saw this again this afternoon.

It's the only CBM movie I've seen twice this summer, but I think it's the best of the bunch. There are parts that really bug me and I hate the performance/direction of Dr Poison...but the good stuff is so so so so damn good.
I agree. Even though I had no issues with homecoming like I did with the third act of this, the action set pieces were 20x better than those in homecoming, which were inferior versions of past spidey set pieces

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Wonder Woman 2' Sets Release Date

It's official: Gal Gadot will return for a Wonder Woman sequel, which has received a release date from Warner Bros.

Wonder Woman 2, the follow-up to this year's superhero hit, will hit theaters Dec. 13, 2019.

Talks with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins to return are ongoing, and she has not officially been announced as being aboard the project.

Gadot will next appear as Diana Prince in November's Justice League, alongside Ben Affleck's Batman, Jason Momoa's Aquaman, Ezra Miller's Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg as the DC superhero dream team.

Wonder Woman is holding better than any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office. It has grossed more than $389 million at the domestic box office to date and passed Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 over the weekend.

So far, Wonder Woman 2 is the only release slated for Dec. 13, 2019. The date announcement comes a week after Warners set dates for a number of mystery films, including an untitled DC movie for Feb. 14, 2020.

Wonder Woman 2 joins Justice League and Aquaman (Dec. 21, 2018) as the only DC films with release dates. But over the weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros. teased its upcoming slate with logos for films including Shazam! (which will be its next film to shoot), Flash movie Flashpoint, The Batman, Batgirl, Justice League Dark, Green Lantern Corps and Suicide Squad 2.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
BOX OFFICE: WONDER WOMAN Passes DEADPOOL's Worldwide Gross As It Closes On $800 Million

Wonder Woman has so far exceeded expectations both critically and commercially and there's even more good news for the DC Comics adaptation today. With a current worldwide haul of $786 million, the Amazon warrior has managed to slice down the Merc with the Mouth because Wonder Woman has now made more than the impressive $783.1 million grossed by Deadpool when it was released.

It's also passed both Suicide Squad ($746.1m) and Man of Steel ($667.9m), and for those of you wondering, Wonder Woman has made $395m domestically and $391m internationally since first hitting theaters 59 days ago. That's a great balance and one not many films are capable of achieving.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is still the highest grossing modern DC film with $868.1 million and Wonder Woman is unlikely to reach that figure. It should, however, pass $800 million worldwide before all is said and done. With numbers like these, it's no wonder (no pun intended) that a sequel already has a release date and the future is definitely looking bright for Gal Gadot's Diana Prince!

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Don't think this movie is going to age well.

20 years from now we could have multiple Wonder Woman movies, multiple different Wonder Womans, multiple female led superhero films, etc...

When people look at this film objectively without the novelty that's attached, I really don't think it's gonna hold up. It's half a good movie.

I believe Gadot will be surpassed as well.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Don't think this movie is going to age well.

20 years from now we could have multiple Wonder Woman movies, multiple different Wonder Womans, multiple female led superhero films, etc...

When people look at this film objectively without the novelty that's attached, I really don't think it's gonna hold up. It's half a good movie.

I believe Gadot will be surpassed as well.
thanks for that insight mr. cleo

giphy.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Ends Summer By Topping $800M Worldwide

We all thought it would take until next Friday, or the film’s opening day in Japan, before Wonder Woman topped the $800 million mark. But the picture has specialized in moving the goal posts all summer long. And frankly, it feels appropriate that the big event movie of the summer will end the season by soaring past the $800m mark. So yeah, that’s happening today. Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman has now made over $800m worldwide, which means she’s probably going to get whatever she’s asking for to direct Wonder Woman 2.

Yes, the film is the first female-directed live-action movie to cross $400 million domestic and $800m worldwide. And yeah, it’s the first film directed by a woman sans a male co-director (sorry, Frozen) to so likewise as well. But you’ve heard these stats a bazillion times. Here’s one I want to bring up yet again: Wonder Woman is now Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.’s third-biggest domestic grosser ever not adjusted for inflation behind Chris Nolan’s Dark Knight sequels. It is also the biggest domestic grosser not released by Walt Disney or Universal/Comcast Corp. since Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($424m in 2D) in late 2013.

And, again speaking entirely in North America for the moment, it’s the biggest 3D grosser not released by Disney or Universal since James Cameron’s Avatar back in late 2009. As far as the worldwide end game, Japan is a coin toss. The film could play like a standard comic book superhero movie and earned $15-$20 million in Japan or it could play like a Disney princess movie like Maleficent and earn $60-$70m or more. If it tops the worldwide total of Dawn of Justice and Sony’s Spectre ($880m in 2015 sans 3D), it’ll be the biggest non-Disney/Universal worldwide hit since Catching Fire ($865m sans 3D) in late 2013.

But that’s highly speculative and we can cross that bridge next week. Let’s just focus on that domestic figure for a second. Wonder Woman will today cross the $404 million domestic mark, meaning it has passed the (unadjusted) domestic total of Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man ($403.7m in 2002 sans 3D) to become the biggest non-sequel comic book/superhero movie ever. It’ll still sit behind Batman, Superman and Spider-Man in terms of inflation, but that’s not bad company. It is the second-biggest domestic grosser of 2017 behind Beauty and the Beast ($504m) and the third-biggest single-territory grosser of the year behind Beauty and the Beast and whatever Wolf Warrior 2 has earned in China ($768m counting online ticketing fees, $716m without).

If Justice League can’t best Wonder Woman in North America, it may keep those non-WB/Universal records for a very long time. If you look at the output of Warner Bros., Paramount, Fox, Lionsgate, Sony and the smaller distribution houses, you’ll notice that there is nothing out there that could logically be expected to make anywhere near $400m in North America. That’s not intended as an insult. I’m sure Fox is just fine with a $225m domestic gross for Logan and Sony will be thrilled if the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel makes another $300m+ in North America in two years. Ditto James Wan’s Aquaman and Matt Reeves’ Batman movie.

Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon’s Justice League may build upon the goodwill from Wonder Woman, the existing fandom of the DC Films universe and the sheer want-to-see factor of watching the Super Friends face their greatest challenge in live action on the big screen. At this point it’s a coin toss (and not the bar for success), especially with Thor: Ragnarok on one side and Star Wars: The Last Jedi on the other. But if the DC Films superhero sequel can’t top the domestic gross for Wonder Woman, I’d wager that said milestone will stay put at least until James Cameron’s Avatar 2 tries to make lightning strike thrice in December of 2020.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
glad to see its still doing great, remarkable feat. yall think sh'ell get a new costume in her sequel? would love to see her utilize the tiara boomerang thing lol