Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But it doing well domestic wise is a great thing. People actually going to see it here and it's gonna easily surpass 300 and probably top out around 350 possibly. If people world wide don't really care to see it, oh well, shyt was a huge hit in the US and that's not really a sure thing anymore.

these idiots don't understand that the studio is going to make more from U.S. theaters than they do from say China which is only about 30%

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You are not bright. This would actually be closer to Superman The Movie than any MCU flick and it's not a copy of that either :mjlol:
Superman the movie did a better job developing Luthor than this did with all 3 of its villains. And were you in ESL? I never knew the DCEU extends as far back as 1978 :leon:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. There's a great article somewhere online on Joss Whedon's supposed "feminism" starts and ends at him making action shows with female leads as the content of the shows themselves is rampant with sexism.

*edit: found it!

Reconsidering the Feminism of Joss Whedon

Of course they also picked up the screenplay, which they tear apart perhaps even more than the article above:

Joss Whedon and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Script: A Wonder Woman Story
I didn't read the feminism article because The Mary Sue is a garbage site but just from what Whedon had planned for the character of Inara if Firefly didn't get canceled shows dude has some weird shyt swirling in his head when it comes to his women characters:

She had this magic syringe, she would take this drug and if she were, for instance, raped, the rapist would die a horrible death. The story was, she gets kidnapped by Reavers. and when Mal finally got to the ship to save her from the Reavers, he gets on the Reaver ship and all the Reavers are dead. Which would suggest a kind of really bad assault. At the end of the episode, he comes in after she’s been horribly brutalized, he comes in, he gets down on his knee and he takes her hand and he treats her like a lady.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Juggernaut status
Cars 3 couldn’t take much away from Wonder Woman, which was down a stellar 30% to $40.8 million in its third weekend. That is the fourth-best third-weekend total ever for a superhero film behind only The Avengers($55.6 million), Spider-Man ($45 million) and The Dark Knight ($42.7 million), and Avengers and Dark Knight opened signficantly higher than the DCEU film. In fact, comparing to the other DCEU movies Wonder Woman’s third weekend take is far better than the full third weeks ofMan of Steel ($31.9 million), Batman V Superman ($29.1 million) andSuicide Squad ($29.2 million). It’s now ahead of all of those films’ domestic grosses at the same point aside from Dawn of Justice, sitting at $274.6 million domestically and $571.8 million worldwide. Its domestic total should run out over $350 million and could go even higher than that conceivably. With a $149 million budget, this is a big win for Warner Bros.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is the guy they decided to replace Zack with...

Yup, the guy who directed the highest grossing superhero movie of all time and the third highest grossing superhero movie of all time.

I got my issue with Whedon and think he's grossly overrated but some of yall act like he's a hack or some shyt.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yup, the guy who directed the highest grossing superhero movie of all time and the third highest grossing superhero movie of all time.

I got my issue with Whedon and think he's grossly overrated but some of yall act like he's a hack or some shyt.

Avengers 1 isn't as good as its reputation but at the same time it's hard for me to say its undeserving of that reputation. It's still a damn good, fun movie. Some flaws yes but very easy to overlook.

delivered in the way it needed to deliver.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avengers 1 isn't as good as its reputation but at the same time it's hard for me to say its undeserving of that reputation. It's still a damn good, fun movie. Some flaws yes but very easy to overlook.

I've never been as high on Avengers as some people. I think it's mostly build with a really great action scene at the end. I also hate how Captain America was portrayed, but as you said it's a damn fun movie.

I think Avengers is overrated but Age of Ultron is a bit underrated.

Either way the guy made two good superhero movies that made a ton of money and he has a rep of being a talented director/writer, but people are acting like Uwe Boll was picked to direct Justice League and Batgirl.

The funny thing is I think if Snyder and Whedon were full on co directors and writers they could make some truly special.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I dunno bro Snyder is a really tone deaf filmmaker.

Guy uses slow motion just to use slow motion, with no reasoning behind it.

Does not know how to establish anything. Locations, characters, etc

Spyro

Banned
Daps

I remember when the movie first came out, and EVERYONE was talking about it and saying it's the greatest movie ever. People at my work wouldn't shut up about it and were going on about it non fukking stop, shyt was annoying. And if you ever peeped the IMDB forums, there was about 1000 threads at the time that were like "best movie ever" "better than sex" "greatest thing I've ever seen in my life" etc etc.

And like you said, it's still a damn good, fun movie that is very enjoyable. But nowhere near as good as the above say it is, while I really enjoyed it, it was no different o any other fun popcorn movie ala Fast and Furious. Fun and enjoyable, but nothing more :francis:

And Hulk punching Thor and rag-dolling Loki weren't funny, were not funny in the slightest, worst parts about the movie :hubie:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
given your way of posting you are clearly young so why don't you use all that free time you have and search that thread and see the comments I made about that scene. Besides there is a difference between a poorly done reshoot most likely put there long after production had wrapped and what was suppose to be WW's moneyshot

fucc up dumb ass stan..

and PS who are the coked out idiots saying its underperforming ??

almost 600 mill cleared is underperforming now ??

do you clowns really just find stupid things to say about DCEU movies

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Damn. GG oy made 300k for wonder woman?

Gotta pay my baby...

#NAH

its understandable why shawty aint get THE BAG. this her first lead role, she aint got that IT like that beforehand, dont say BvS, that wasnt her movie, movie was doing numbers regardless if she was there or not.

they aint know how BIG this film was gonna be.

now come Wonder Woman 2, she gona get that tony stark RE UP.. gotta play the game and play it well