Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My personal opinion I think people are afraid to critique this movie for reasons I think we know... 93% overwhelming positive. I'm not seeing why. What's so special about this movie...

Damn breh...the shyt is subjective. If 93% of critics recommend it thats their taste and their preference. If you disagree, you disagree. It doesn't mean there's some agenda behind it or some shyt that everyone else is on and you're not or vice versa. Film criticism is just an opinion hopefully well-stated and with a specific perspective. But its still just an opinion and it doesn't mean you're entitled to agree with everyone. If you don't fukk with the movie, then you don't fukk with the movie, there's no harm in that

Also that 93% just means 93% recommend it. Doesn't mean they're all overly positive reviews. Rotten Tomatoes is binary, it's either rotten or fresh. There's no in-between measurement so even if you say "Wonder Woman is good not great" you're more than likely giving it a fresh. If you say "Wonder Woman is just ight" you're probably still giving it a fresh.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
nah he's right, the movie isn't worthy of this kind of praise.

the origin was great but the 2nd act was kinda ehh and the 3rd act was standard garbage action movie fare. a movie like this normally wouldn't be ranking so high on RT.

but hey what do i know. ppl like what they like.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Agenda excuses :mjlol:

Most critics aren't just giving it passable, it's getting 4 stars and regardless of what they think the 2nd weekend drop the actuals just came in. It's down only like 42%. Best drop since Spider-Man in 2002. WOM is insane.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Rotten tomatoes should do away with the % and only count the average rating, which is a much more subjective rating for films :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Rotten tomatoes should do away with the % and only count the average rating, which is a much more subjective rating for films :yeshrug:

But breh there is no subjective rating for films and thats the point :russ: Cats keep trying to put some quantifier on art and make it math. It's not.

Example: I don't fukk with Drake. He's not for me. Not at all. But that's because he doesn't work for me as an MC neither does his music. But the same joint I may think is bad or meh may rock someone else's world. Doesn't mean either one of us are wrong, just means they fukk with it and I don't. Now we can debate that shyt (which I've done) and we can express the different sides to it but at the end of the day, no matter what, that Drake song they feel in their bones is still going to be in their bones and I'm still going to think its hot garbage.

We can debate intellectual shyt all day long like story structure, acting, camera work, etc etc...the technical elements that are pretty set in stone for what a good movie needs. But movies, like any art, are about feeling. When you step out of a movie its the same thing that hits you when you're listening to music: How does this make me feel? And you can't debate feeling or tell someone how they should feel after seeing a movie. That's an argument no one can win. You can change someone's mind but opinions are normally emotions and those are harder to work with

Last edited:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Okay and WW's average ratings are up there with the top CBMs of all time outside of shyt like The Dark Knight so what's the point of that lol

I just meant for all movies, I've seen movies that both get 90% but one is like 8.2 and the other like 6.7 :mjlol:

When people talk about rotten tomatoes, they ONLY ever seem to bring up the %, never the rating, even though the rating is the most important part.

For example, I've seen Marvel Stans brag about how they've never had a rotten movie and they ripped MOS to shreds for being rotten, but both Man of Steel and Thor 2 have a 6.2 rating, even though one has 55% and the other 66%. If they both just said 6.2 with no %, most people would generally see them as about the same.

:yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just meant for all movies, I've seen movies that both get 90% but one is like 8.2 and the other like 6.7 :mjlol:

When people talk about rotten tomatoes, they ONLY ever seem to bring up the %, never the rating, even though the rating is the most important part.

For example, I've seen Marvel Stans brag about how they've never had a rotten movie and they ripped MOS to shreds for being rotten, but both Man of Steel and Thor 2 have a 6.2 rating, even though one has 55% and the other 66%. If they both just said 6.2 with no %, most people would generally see them as about the same.

:yeshrug:

At the same token tho breh, numbers that aren't round are kinda tough for people to deal with and understand. 6.2..what doest that mean? 7.5...what does that mean? 60? I know what that means, same with 90 or 80, etc.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
why do yall care about rotten tomatoes use ur own opinions. iron man 3 was hot ass cheeks yet made a billy and had a good score :scust: but i cld care less bout either since it was bad to me

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
My personal opinion I think people are afraid to critique this movie for reasons I think we know... 93% overwhelming positive. I'm not seeing why. What's so special about this movie...
Agendas didn't help Ghost in the Shell from getting ripped apart

After BvS, SS and those rumors about it being a "mess" critics could've shat on this and nobody would've batted an eye

Also, critics on average gave it a 7/10. That's in line with just about every other good superhero movie