Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously the story of PAC is incredible and interesting but the delivery, direction and corny ass editing was horrible. It made the story atrocious..
the alleged rape scene was hilarious..the rap[e wasn't shown but when she ran in screaming (which was true) was funny as hell.
Movie was horrible. The scene at the end where 2Pac is on one side of the door starring longingly and kidada was on the other was the most corny and sappy shyt I've ever seen .."you coming or not Pac" ack.big Frank had the worst wig too wtf.., scene felt like it went on forever. I wouldnt let beeny boom and hutton a high school play.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Movie was horrible. The scene at the end where 2Pac is on one side of the door starring longingly and kidada was on the other was the most corny and sappy shyt I've ever seen .."you coming or not Pac" ack.big Frank had the worst wig too wtf.., scene felt like it went on forever. I wouldnt let beeny boom and hutton a high school play.
they are a disgrace.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
this shyt flopped hard.

this thread only having 400 less posts than Hov album thread is embarrassing.

let this thread die like the movie did

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I didn't like notorious at all lol. It was all wrong no one was convincing in that besides kim. You could make a argument the movie was rushed but I don't think it was sloppy like some have claimed 8 Mile was better but it was only based on his life though so that's easier to do. I give it a step or two below 8 Mile.

:what:

angla bassett & derek luke as puff killed it

it was nobody remotely close to their talents in AEOM

but i understand, this is the coli & the coli hates biggie :hubie:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yes these people are more talented but weren't at all convincing imo. I don't hate biggie him and pac probably my two favorites I just thought all eyes on me at least got some things right even pacs clothing and vehicles biggie looked like he was in 2009 or whatever year Notorious was released.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this shyt flopped hard.

this thread only having 400 less posts than Hov album thread is embarrassing.

let this thread die like the movie did
If that's how you feel it should take care of itself lol.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
:sas1::sas2::picard: They called All Eyez On Me a "one weekend wonder" :pachaha:. So the studio see that Pac has plenty of fans to support a quality movie but their reviews tanked the movie and kept people from going to see it after the opening weekend. I'm so glad this flopped so that they see you can't just throw up anything, especially with somebody like Pac.

Forbes Box Office: Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' Opened Big But Crashed Hard

Box Office: Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' Opened Big But Crashed Hard

All Eyez on Me fell another 68% in its third weekend of release, while also losing 1,213 theaters. The Tupac Shakur biopic earned $1.83 million in 1,258 theaters for a $42.688m 17-day total. That’s a far cry from its $26.435m debut weekend just two weeks ago. It will shed more theaters this weekend as Spider-Man: Homecoming goes wide and may be gone from theaters on the 14th as War for the Planet of the Apes opens and The Big Sick goes wide. But it is essentially finished, and it will end its run as one of the most front-loaded major studio releases of all time.

For the record, it is not remotely the most front-loaded release ever from any studio under any circumstance. There are plenty of movies that came and went with nary a word of notice, even pictures on what you would consider a wide release. But if we’re dealing with movies that opened pretty well, or even in the $5-7m range, then All Eyez on Me is in pretty un-esteemed company. If we’re not talking about movies like Undiscovered or Delgo, then All Eyez on Me will end its run in the record books, and not in a good way.

To wit, the film has current earned $42.69 million in 17 days, and it probably another $3m left in the tank. Let’s be optimistic and give it $46.6m. That’s a weekend-to-final multiplier of 1.77x. That means the film earned 56.7% of its entire gross over those first three days. That’s a worse multiplier than Notorious, which earned $36.8m from a $20.4m debut back in 2009. And among all somewhat decently opening films, it’s among the most frontloaded movies of all time. To wit, it is more frontloaded than any major film ever released in the months of March through December.

Among all somewhat successful releases (going off the top 200 debuts of every given month), it sits ahead of only Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience (65.3% of its $19.1m domestic total via its $12.51m opening weekend), The Devil Inside ($33.7m/$53.2m = 63.3%), Texas Chainsaw 3D ($21.7m/$34.3m = 63.3%), Friday the 13th($40.57m/$65m = 62.4%), The Bye-Bye Man ($13.5m/$22.4m = 60.3%), Winter’s Tale ($7.3m/$12.6m = 57.9%), Primeval ($6m/$10.6m = 57.1%) and (presumably) Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death ($15m/$26.5m = 56.7%). Of those eight movies, six of them were horror movies and four were early January fright flicks.

And yeah, maybe I’m being optimistic and the film ends up with just $45.5 million, giving it a 1.72x multiplier and putting it ahead of all but just five other release. But either way, the Barry Bloom-directed picture was here and gone in a flash. On one hand, the film clearly played to its audience, operating as a true one-weekend-wonder. On the other hand, the Morgan Creek picture somehow cost $40m to produce, which means it’ll need decent overseas figures to make money.

Lionsgate and Code Black aren’t on the hook for that, but it’s still bizarre that the not-terribly cinematic biopic cost 60% more than F. Gary Gray’s Straight Outta Compton. Sure, Get Rich or Die Trying and Eight Mile cost $40 million a-piece back in 2005 and 2002, but that was a time where more folks went to see more movies in theaters and when there was a healthier and more consistent post-theatrical lifespan. The lightning-quick descent of All Eyez on Me arguably means that it’s not quite the summer sleeper we hoped it would be.

So, heading into mid-July, we’re still in a situation where the only solid wholly successful live-action summer releases are/will be comic book superhero movies like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Wonder Woman and (presumably) Spider-Man: Homecoming, (arguably) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and (hopefully) Baby Driver. All eyez are now on War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, Atomic Blonde and Valerian.

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
. But either way, the Barry Bloom-directed picture

X0rlx_s-200x150.gif

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Man if you dont stop lol that movie was horrible too but at least gravy seemed to be awake in it and it actually felt like a movie. These stories should be told with depth and conviction that should define my generation of 90s hip hop. These are cash grabs with zero integrity.