Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The biggest problem I see with Marvel films, is that they want to make every hero Ironman, in the sense that they have to make jokes every other line. Thor while by no means stoic, still has his moments where he's serious as all fukk, and could care less about talking. He's not Batman, but he's not Spiderman either. And thats the problem, Marvel wants to sell you a hero that quips every 3 scenes...its just too corny for me at times.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The biggest problem I see with Marvel films, is that they want to make every hero Ironman, in the sense that they have to make jokes every other line. Thor while by no means stoic, still has his moments where he's serious as all fukk, and could care less about talking. He's not Batman, but he's not Spiderman either. And thats the problem, Marvel wants to sell you a hero that quips every 3 scenes...its just too corny for me at times.
Have you seen the latest Marvel movie? :mjgrin:

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
They're comic book characters:mjgrin:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Cap was never really cracking jokes left and right

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They're comic book characters:mjgrin:
Unless you're talking about Archie Comics, i don't remember alot of humor in my comic book reading days. I read mostly wolverine though. But X-men was dealing with racism, not a funny subject. Antman was a spousal abuser and ironman was an alcholic. The comics were alot more serious than the films.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Unless you're talking about Archie Comics, i don't remember alot of humor in my comic book reading days. I read mostly wolverine though. But X-men was dealing with racism, not a funny subject. Antman was a spousal abuser and ironman was an alcholic. The comics were alot more serious than the films.

I guess it depends on the medium.

There was humor in the cartoons.

I loved th cartoons

Humor and jokes don’t bother me....... Tarantino is very successful with that and it’s never hurt his movies and he hasn’t made one true comedy yet.

Martha

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I guess it depends on the medium.

There was humor in the cartoons.

I loved th cartoons

Humor and jokes don’t bother me....... Tarantino is very successful with that and it’s never hurt his movies and he hasn’t made one true comedy yet.

Martha
That explains alot,
Cartoons are often vastly different from the comics.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That explains alot,
Cartoons are often vastly different from the comics.

True..... I can see if there are some combinations of both.

The cartoons for me were the gateway to the comics

So when I watched say Spider-Man and Blade or Punisher made an appearance..... that helped open my world

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I disagree, I collected all mutant based titles and the large majority had comic relief. Wolverine and Cyclops antagonized each other and it was played for jokes.
Like life their are some important things with serious implications but that still doesn't make them devoid of humor.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I disagree, I collected all mutant based titles and the large majority had comic relief. Wolverine and Cyclops antagonized each other and it was played for jokes.
Like life their are some important things with serious implications but that still doesn't make them devoid of humor.

:rudy:
screen shot a funny moment from a comic panel between Cyclops and Wolverine.
Matter fact show me a funny moment between the two of them from one of the movies.