Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Im over here watching Thor (the first movie)

How the fukk can Thor get takin out by a van but can stan toe-to-toe with Hulk and other random beast.

Also I thought Asgard was eternal? Like it isnt really like a physical place but like a realm?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im over here watching Thor (the first movie)

How the fukk can Thor get takin out by a van but can stan toe-to-toe with Hulk and other random beast

:what:

The major plot point of the film is that Odin strips Thor of all his powers to teach him some humility. Thor has no powers the majority of the time he's on Earth.

I swear most of the complaints about these movies is just people not paying attention.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Thor used a DUES EX MACHINA like a muthafukka. Hela was a better than average Marvel villain which isn't saying much. However, she was a one-dimensional cookie-cutter villain. The story in itself is razor-thin and relied heavily on slapstick type comedy so there's little set up on character. So, it was out of convenience as to how she was "beaten". They had a great opportunity of building a HUGE character arc with Hela showing her emotional toil of it has with her being the oldest sibling, how she's truly wants Asgard as a galactic empire and push it to where you understand her side and how she became the way she was. But they scrapped that and just said her and pops was evil conquerors and for some odd reason pops turned benevolent and caring and she said I want to stay evil and he banished her. One thing that worked WELL in the 1st Thor is the establishment of Loki and his rationale and reasoning to why he's who he is. This was hollow in Hela. You don't know anything deeper within that character and her motivations outside of what her powers rely on and that's that.
I agree with this. Also, powered up Thor and Hela should've had a more drawn out, grittier fight. They should've fukked up half of Asgard themselves.

The movie overall was pretty well done though it's an 8/10 to me.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Im not complaining, just wondering.

Not gonna lie I thought he just banished him but he still had his power. I didnt hear him say he stripped his powers.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Its kind of confusing how Thor generates his power/strength.

In the first movie did Odin really strip his god of thunder power or his power to wield Mjolnir?

Or did he just make him a plain ass human person completely void of all Asgardian power?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its kind of confusing how Thor generates his power/strength.

In the first movie did Odin really strip his god of thunder power or his power to wield Mjolnir?

Or did he just make him a plain ass human person completely void of all Asgardian power?

He stripped Thor of all of his power. That's why he was getting knocked out after being hit by cars and why he was able to be detained by SHIELD agents.

The Hammer was a means for Thor to regain his powers after he proved himself to be Worthy.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
from the comments im convinced you dudes dont care if the movie is good or not, ya'll are really just here to call it trash regardless. so miss me with that ''im done with the dceu'' BS

you nikkas been in here since page 1 hating, shyt could get a 100 on RT and you fakkits will still say the DCEU is done.

imagine being a grown ass adult so invested in a company failing so bad, like how dies it affect you ? if you hate it that bad no one is forcing you to watch it.

im not marvels biggest fan but you dont see me praying they reboot and the universe fails..

but nah theres no DC bias tho.. im hella sleep

Respectfully Beloved,

I actually understand your frustration with stuff like that going on over there.

But on the flip side let’s not pretend the same isn’t done on this side as well. No names need to be said but a lot of guys that are aligned with your views do the same thing with the Marvel movies and shows.

And we don’t have to imagine it, look in the

21st Century FOX holding talks about selling most of it assets to DISNEY

thread alone and you will see cats saying shyt like “bu bu bu but as soon as ______ movies go to Marvel they gonna be trash” or “Disney is gonna fukk ______ movie up and I don’t wanna see that”

Cats was saying they done with Marvel Netflix shows after IF or Defenders.

All the stuff you’re saying that’s done to DC that you’re saying in unfair equally is done to Marvel.

It’s just the way things are man and we gotta rock with it. You may not hope Marvel fails just like I don’t hope DC fails but don’t hella sleep on how this shyt goes down on both sides

Martha

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I really liked Thor 3, but I think the trailers showed too much.
The chick breaking Mjolnir and the Hulk
should have been "Oh shyt!" moments, but everyone knew they were coming.

From now on, if I KNOW I'm going to see a movie, I'm ducking trailers like the plague.

I agree on the hammer portion but if your job is to sell tickets you gotta show Hulk in the trailer.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
The first hour or so in the movie felt like 2 different movies when they were going back between Hela and Thor. I didn't think it was anything special but better than his previous 2 movies. The jokes kill it for me, they're corny to me.... I pray they don't do Black Panther like this

7/10