Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was okay. The actual Ragnarok was a big disappointment. They never established the other gods to properly do it
Yeah it was basically 2 films/stories slapped together,Ragnarok and planet hulk.

If the whole film was just a Planet hulk esque film,all the stuff in sakaar, this would have been my favorite mcu film.

The Ragnarok stuff wasn't good.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah it was basically 2 films/stories slapped together,Ragnarok and planet hulk.

If the whole film was just a Planet hulk esque film,all the stuff in sakaar, this would have been my favorite mcu film.

The Ragnarok stuff wasn't good.
i liked how they did that.
cause cmon, if it was just an all Planet Hulk movie itd probably still come out the same way.
Ragnorok or not, Hela was basically the Red King in this movie.

unless you just wanted Hulk on some Blood Sport shyt for the majority of the movie.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Ayo Loki a straight fool had me dying when Thor pops bike up in Asgard and look as Odin is watching the play all into it n shyt lip syncing lines and getting emotional about the story he told them to act out. Then him :merchant: at Thor being back fukkin up his vibes :laff: kinda bummed Odin didn’t do shyt in this trilogy wld have lovevto see how strong a sky father is and Thor’s future potential as king. hope Thor uses his weather powers more since the hammer is gone like he does when in lightning mode; use thunder to enhance hitting power and wind to fly n enhance speed etc. lol everyone tlkn bout how thanos gone beat Thor but forgetting hulk is there too

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
cause cmon, if it was just an all Planet Hulk movie itd probably still come out the same way.

unless you just wanted Hulk on some Blood Sport shyt for the majority of the movie.
They could have expanded it,given other side characters on sakaar more screen time, made goldblum the main villain and focused on the rebellion.

It felt clumsy and awkward trying to mash together the stories. Like the executioner character only existed in this film so that hela could spew out exposition to someone. Karl urban was wasted in this. I died at his intro with the look at my stuff shyt but beyond that he just stood around listening to hela talk.

It just didn't mesh for me at all because the sakaar plot was so much better than the Ragnarok/hela stuff. I'm not opposed to meshing together stories and arcs but if one is just head and shoulders above the other in quality it doesn't work.

I can't express enough how much I really loved everything on sakaar.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They could have expanded it,given other side characters on sakaar more screen time, made goldblum the main villain and focused on the rebellion.

It felt clumsy and awkward trying to mash together the stories. Like the executioner character only existed in this film so that hela could spew out exposition to someone. Karl urban was wasted in this. I died at his intro with the look at my stuff shyt but beyond that he just stood around listening to hela talk.

It just didn't mesh for me at all because the sakaar plot was so much better than the Ragnarok/hela stuff. I'm not opposed to meshing together stories and arcs but if one is just head and shoulders hove the other in quality it doesn't work.

I can't express enough how much I really loved everything on sakaar.
i can dig it.
i just thought that there was so much good in this movie that the bad was barely even noticeable.
doing some more stuff with Skurge woulda been cool, but i think that woulda been overkill honestly!

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would've been cool with it mainly adopting Planet Hulk with Thor mixed in.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Movie was okay. Very Disney. It was hard to take anything seriously with all the jokes. I wanted to see the Hulk go on a rampage.
This movie didn't take itself seriously though. The film is almost a parody and making fun of itself.

This is one mcu film where the humour fit because the humour was the selling point and driving force of the film,in my opinion.

My problem with the humour in other films in the mcu is it undermines how serious it is in other spots within the same film sometimes the same scene and it creates extreme tonal inconsistencies that leave me scratching my head.

This film is played as a comedy start to finish almost so it never bothered me at all.

I think @NobodyReally mentioned having a problem with the scene of asgard being blown up being played for laughs and normally I'd 100% agree but for the tone of this film it made sense.

Where as in say gotg2 that film tries really hard to lay it on thick in drama moments but then use a gag within seconds undermining the tone of the scene and comes off forced and contrived and came off like the film maker was scared to let the scene stand on its own.

But that's me I guess :yeshrug: