Official The New Edition Story Thread

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even think of this until now.... but if New Edition albums all have Expanded Versions...

*checks solo artists*

Yep

Poison , Don't Be Cruel, Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill all have Expanded Versions now

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't even think of this until now.... but if New Edition albums all have Expanded Versions...

*checks solo artists*

Yep

Poison , Don't Be Cruel, Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill all have Expanded Versions now
Damn, they ain't messing around. :wow: *cues up Spotify*

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Damn, they ain't messing around. :wow: *cues up Spotify*

Yessir. Johnny Gill's album finally has the proper version of Rub You the Right Way

*starts Johnny Gill dancing*

tumblr_lys8rphDp61roq55go1_250.gif

Big Meat 5000

Un-Harlem like
Daps
Reppin
NY
after these years, these nikkas are still getting mismanaged smh.:snoop:

they should've had an album already completed alongside bbd so they could've capitalized off the movie.

by the time the album is done, they won't get that same response.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
after these years, these nikkas are still getting mismanaged smh.:snoop:

they should've had an album already completed alongside bbd so they could've capitalized off the movie.

by the time the album is done, they won't get that same response.

Mike Bivins once again showing he's the business mastermind of the group. He made sure that new BBD album was ready to drop with this mini series. I'll be checking for this NE album just cause I'm a fan, but from a business standpoint, they should've anticipated the success of the movie after seeing how well NWA's music sold after Straight Outta Compton.

But speaking of BBD, I just remembered this track from Mo Money Mo Problems.

That BBD/Ralph T feature was the icing on the cake :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
NES > Straight Outta Compton, although the 1st half of SOC is:wow:
What makes NES stand out to me is that it really focused on all the members of the group. At times SOC really came across as the Easy/Cube/Dre and other two nikkas show. They really did Yella and Ren a disservice and you don't learn too much about their backstory.

But with NES, you learn something significant about each member. Like Ronnie coming into the group via Brook, Ralph putting his solo efforts on hold for the rest of the guys, Mike being the business man that he is, Bobby's wild ways, Johnny's solo career and how he entered the group, Ricky's drug problem. You finish the series feeling like you learned something new or at least confirmed stuff you already new about every member.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes NES stand out to me is that it really focused on all the members of the group. At times SOC really came across as the Easy/Cube/Dre and other two nikkas show. They really did Yella and Ren a disservice and you don't learn too much about their backstory.

But with NES, you learn something significant about each member. Like Ronnie coming into the group via Brook, Ralph putting his solo efforts on hold for the rest of the guys, Mike being the business man that he is, Bobby's wild ways, Johnny's solo career and how he entered the group, Ricky's drug problem. You finish the series feeling like you learned something new or at least confirmed stuff you already new about every member.

What? Ricky had a drug problem